Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

The scene where he says goodbye to his parents before he goes into surgery, made me weep like a girl.

from_musings

horrible bosses... i thought it was a little like hangover and office space, like a mix between them. the movie probably wouldn't exist without them. although i really loved hangover and office space, horrible bosses is just shit. jokes are real boring and when you absolutley loved the characters in hangover and office space, you don't care at all about these idiots on screen, trying to be funny and over the top. whiny guy with annoying voice is suppose to be alan i guess, and obviously you have this player/womaniser that's suppose to be phil and the normal guy that's stu.
all i see is actors playing a role that's meant to be funny more than that they're lovable in any way

2/10

BillyNo.9

Twilight 5 or whatever the fuck its at now. 2/10 for actually making a functioning cinematic film and being able to market it to a specific audience. The screening room was so fucking hot, when usually it's freezing cold. I guess the build up of tickly ginies created some sort of fucking genital radiation or some shit. Either way, film sucked and I did not get head.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 30, 2011, 04:37 AM
Quote from: theis on Nov 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
50/50.

Amazing little flick. Loved, loved, loved it.
I'll come clean. I shed quite a few tears during it.

I saw it twice and cried both times. I also got a little teary eyed when Adam has his mental breakdown.

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 30, 2011, 01:45 PM
horrible bosses... i thought it was a little like hangover and office space, like a mix between them. the movie probably wouldn't exist without them. although i really loved hangover and office space, horrible bosses is just shit. jokes are real boring and when you absolutley loved the characters in hangover and office space, you don't care at all about these idiots on screen, trying to be funny and over the top. whiny guy with annoying voice is suppose to be alan i guess, and obviously you have this player/womaniser that's suppose to be phil and the normal guy that's stu.
all i see is actors playing a role that's meant to be funny more than that they're lovable in any way

2/10

I actually thought this movie was actually rather funny, and I liked the characters especially Charlie Day's character. I wouldn't go on to say it's the most original movie of the bunch, but I think it stands well on its own.

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Nov 30, 2011, 07:58 PM
Either way, film sucked and I did not get head.

That's unfortunate. You should have gotten head as a down payment, then sex for sitting through and watching it.

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 30, 2011, 04:37 AM
Quote from: theis on Nov 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
50/50.

Amazing little flick. Loved, loved, loved it.
I'll come clean. I shed quite a few tears during it.

I def shed more than a few especially since something similar happened to me. The fears are very real.

blixa

the raspberry reich. fast forwarded through most of it. it was a little bland.
hanger. fucked up, in a good way.
haute tension. very very good. loved the twist in the end.

blixa

watched the big lebowski this morning. my first time. brilliant film.

theis

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Dec 04, 2011, 09:45 AM
watched the big lebowski this morning. my first time. brilliant film.
and i fall back in love with you.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Most hilarious and quotable movie ever made.

Donny: "They posted the next round of the tournament"
Walter: "Donny shut the ff... when do we play?"

BillyNo.9

Only just watched Training Day and Law Abiding Citizen. Both films where fucking awesome. Ethan Hawke's acting was a little unconvincing at times, but whatever.
The shanking scene in Law Abiding Citizen was insane. If I had to get my jugular stabbed 20 times I'd have it done to Engine No.9. The film reminded me of se7en shitloads with all of the pre meditated stuff. It's like if Brad Pitt's character from se7en turned Jon Doe.

blixa

chick de la lynch

You will love all the Jewish-y goodness it has to offer.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i was so happy when sy ableman died. poor arthur gopnik.

blixa

Corleone

Going to watch blade runner for the first time this weekend. Will my parents like it?

BillyNo.9

Inkblades

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by David Fincher

Fucking sick and great.The acting by Mara was great and the music by Trent was spot on =D film of the year :)