Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawg

defskull

I think Chronicle could have been much better if it wasn't fucking found footage. The end battle was so cheesy with all the cameras around them in the air just so you could have "footage".

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Underworld Awakening

I felt it too rush and with no story development.Still Kate Beckinsale is sooooo fine *drools

rock_n_frost

Ive watched ''U.Awakening'' last week.
I agree
I think the 2nd movie was the best of the serie
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

rock_n_frost

Awesome..Must watch
9/10

Also the ending music is M83

bright lights, big city

Chronicle definitely surpassed my expectations. Awesome movie.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

dawg

Is it just me or is Avengers too hyped?

Saw it yesterday and besides the final battle the whole movie never really goes anywhere. A joke here and there and that's about it!
The 3D is unnecessary and a scam because it wasn't shot with 3D cameras.

bright lights, big city

I'm seeing it this weekend, but seeing that it's running at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, it must be doing something right to please all those critics. Did you stay after the credits? I read there's 2 additional scenes.

But on the subject of 3D, is it ever necessary? When have you ever gone, "Wow I'm glad that arrow came flying right at me"? To this day, the only time I've enjoyed 3D was Jackass 3D.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: dawg on May 03, 2012, 09:49 AM
Is it just me or is Avengers too hyped?

Saw it yesterday and besides the final battle the whole movie never really goes anywhere. A joke here and there and that's about it!
The 3D is unnecessary and a scam because it wasn't shot with 3D cameras.

It didn't blow me away or anything.

I was what I was expecting it to be.

I'd give it a solid 7 or light 8 out of 10.

dawg

yes there is an additional scence with thanos.

and you are absolutley correct about jackass 3d! the only movie so far where it was worth it to watch it in 3d.

defskull

Not really interested in it, but I feel obligated to watch. Low expectations = good movie?

one weak

Quote from: defskull on May 03, 2012, 11:57 PM
Not really interested in it, but I feel obligated to watch. Low expectations = good movie?
seems that way.

I had never seen Through a Glass Darkly. Was amazing.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Heat (1996)

No matter how many times I've seen it,I cant stop repeating myself from watching it :D Such a big film from the 90s with 2 great actors like Pacino and DeNiro :D
10/10 !

chick de la lynch

Quote from: one weak on May 04, 2012, 04:26 AM
I had never seen Through a Glass Darkly. Was amazing.

Great film, but I think The Silence is my favorite of the faith trilogy.

rock_n_frost

Avengers  8.5/10

Hulk&IronMan were on fire..
It was like a comedy stand up show.
I love the movie, enjoyed !

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The Avengers 9/10

Iron Man was the heroe near the end!
Hulk killed it,didnt miss a lot of Norton
Black Widow character didnt do much for me,except for that nice tight ass.
Was it a second extra scene at the end? Spoil it for me please I couldnt see cause my gf was wanting to go to the bathroom :P

lithium

💩

bright lights, big city

It was the group eating shawarma in silence, that's all.

Movie was good, probably in the top 5 for superhero movies. Royal hit it right though, Hulk was awesome, and ScarJo's only point in being in the movie was to wear leather and show off her tight ass and a little cleavage. So I guess she wasn't really pointless.
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 06, 2012, 07:06 AM
top 5 for superhero movies.

Challenge accepted!

The Dark Knight
X-Men: First Class
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Kick-Ass
Watchmen

Honorable mention goes to Batman Begins, which I left out to get a more varied list.

bright lights, big city

I'll be honest, I completely forgot about Kick Ass and Hellboy when I wrote that. Fuck. But Watchmen, I debated with my friends last night. Do we count Watchmen, since they're not really superheroes, but more of civilian vigilantes? But then with that, what do you consider Batman? Where does Sin City fit in? Or Dick Tracy (a childhood favorite of mine), 300, 30 Days of Night, etc? Is "Comic Book Movies" a separate genre?

This debate can get intense...
DERP