Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

This might be my man crush on Brad Pitt talking, but I think Killing Them Softly will be absolutely amazing.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I think this movie looks pretty fucking awesome

Gangster Squad

I dont know why but I like better gangster movies about the 40s,that doesnt mean that I dont like others like American Gangster.
Too bad it got moved and it is going to be re edited for January 2013 which I dont like a lot :/

theis

rock_n_frost

Just saw ''Dark Knight Rises''

7/10

First part (60min) of the movie was nothing but a standart cop movie.
There were so many charachters and everyone have so many little stories, that was shitty.
And about dialogs, the director is like ''talk faster, talk, faster, we have no time, quick quick quick''
So many unsense things happened. like :
(spoiler)
The healty Batman beaten by Bane easly.
Then he stays in a cave like prison and eats almost nothing and drinks a few drop water for 3 months  with a broken spinal cord (what recovered by a punch!)
Then he beats Bane with that condition.

Also that oxygen (or whatever) pipes on his mask..
Batman punches and it go out. Bane acts like ''aaaw noo, im deaad, heeelp, ooow'' instead of putting it back.
Then that Miranda girl comes and put it back easyly.
How stupid is this?

Anyways, im dissapointed with this. Still cool but its on shadow of the other movie.

(also..Morgan Freeman in every movie? Seriously?..)
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

chick de la lynch

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Aug 06, 2012, 05:13 PM
Just saw ''Dark Knight Rises''

7/10

First part (60min) of the movie was nothing but a standart cop movie.
There were so many charachters and everyone have so many little stories, that was shitty.
And about dialogs, the director is like ''talk faster, talk, faster, we have no time, quick quick quick''
So many unsense things happened. like :
(spoiler)
The healty Batman beaten by Bane easly.
Then he stays in a cave like prison and eats almost nothing and drinks a few drop water for 3 months  with a broken spinal cord (what recovered by a punch!)
Then he beats Bane with that condition.

Also that oxygen (or whatever) pipes on his mask..
Batman punches and it go out. Bane acts like ''aaaw noo, im deaad, heeelp, ooow'' instead of putting it back.
Then that Miranda girl comes and put it back easyly.
How stupid is this?

Anyways, im dissapointed with this. Still cool but its on shadow of the other movie.

(also..Morgan Freeman in every movie? Seriously?..)

Did we watch the same movie?

The film itself was close to three hours, and the dialogue never felt fast paced. Nolan is known for a lot of things in his films, but fast paced dialogue is not one of them. I will admit from time to time Bane was hard to understand. The first act of the film was rushed, but the first act is mainly meant to set up the characters and story and move on. Nolan needed to get in and get out with the way he outlined the script.

There weren't too many subplots, but the side stories were interesting and had lots of conflict that helped moved the plot forward. They worked together to make a cohesive ending. There were some stories I was more interested than others, like Catwoman's and Blake's.

[spoiler]If you remember, Bane was not beaten easily. It took Batman a few tries before he got to the point where he could catch Bane off guard to destroy his mask. Not to mention the prison scene where he just struggled to stand (Remember, Bane gave him that spinal injury) before he struggled to get out of the damn hole. There was quite a bit of conflict before that moment, so it wasn't an easy battle. Half the film is Batman trying to get the strength to even go up against Bane.

And the fact that Bane struggled after Batman's initial blow is plausible. I hear in the comics his mask was how his steroids were injected, but in the film it's used for something else completely. I would imagine it would be the equivalent of getting the wind kicked out of him. Even though he's a strong and very big dude, no one could recover from that easily. So yes, Miranda helping him put it back together isn't stupid. It's plausible.
[/spoiler]

Morgan Freeman helps move the Batman plot, so no, he's not a throw away and yes, he's useful.

rock_n_frost

Total Recall  (1990)
9/10

Such a great sci-fi.
I've just watched it for fun. It was more than fun.
I barely remembered some scenese from the past..

bright lights, big city

Totall Recall is so good. Fuck the new one.

Funny that the remake didn't go to Mars like the original, yet in the same weekend it released we actually land a goddamn robot on Mars.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

rock_n_frost

Did you watch the new one?
How was it? (without any spoilers)

Edit: yeah i heard about that,too. I heard the robot took some colored photos of Mars for the first time ever. Any link for the pics?

bright lights, big city

DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Aug 08, 2012, 11:14 PM
Total Recall  (1990)
9/10

Such a great sci-fi.
I've just watched it for fun. It was more than fun.
I barely remembered some scenese from the past..

Bulging eyes! I saw it as a kid like thousand times.My mom was so tired of me watching the same movie every time it pops on HBO

Corleone

rock_n_frost

watch it again..it will make you feel great
i watch every classic movie this summer
i watched alien 1-2 after watching prometheus
blade runner, tron, return of the living deads, blade

this night im gonna watch.. The wizard OZ   :D

rock_n_frost

Total Recall   (2012)
7/10

It is a ''total copy'' of the 1990 movie.
You can do 100 different stories with concept of the Total Recall movie.
Instead, they just copy it.
1990 one  has WAY MORE sci-fi elements/characters /ideas than the new one.

This movie is full of fuckin LENS FLARE effect..
Lens flares are everywhere, even if there is no light.
Its the cheapest special effect (which can be done in adobe after effects so easyly) and they kept using it.

The action was good, little bit platforming jumps like mario game..but still this is just a copy on storybase.
Im angry.

blixa

watched monster yesterday. after young adult and this movie, i freaking love charlize theron now.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Aug 13, 2012, 02:30 AM
watched monster yesterday. after young adult and this movie, i freaking love charlize theron now.
so i've got this plan. it involves me somehow weaseling my way into charlize's inner circle. and i have sex with her. you want in?
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The Bourne Legacy 8/10

Pretty solid film.Is Jeremy Renner the new Bruce Willis? :P Norton stills one great underrated actor.

The trailer of OZ looks fucking amazing indeed!

roflestiltskin

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 13, 2012, 03:27 AM
Quote from: blixa on Aug 13, 2012, 02:30 AM
so i've got this plan. it involves me somehow weaseling my way into charlize's inner circle. and i have sex with her. you want in?

yes. i'm definitely in! i just want her to hold me.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I saw The Expendables 2.
Pretty cool movie,Van Damme still kicking ass!He has not aged well tough :/ Pretty cool movie

blixa