Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zevaka

heh, yeah^^ i first thought it was playing in repeat-mode...

wheresmysnare

Hey, the new Glassjaw song.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I_61lPWRENw

I think its the best metal song i've heard in a while, screaming towards end is up there with the big c

**Ok i just realised this has already done the rounds on this board, *gets coat*

lostpilot

the new song seems decent.
but just somewhy this kind of music does not pleasure me too much.. and yes, I found many similarities with Deftones

Nebontha

QuoteAm I the only one that kind of likes the longer intro.  It really builds up anticipation for the song to begin.

i'd like some of the intro to be there, but not the same length as on the website.
Same. Agreed. Indeed. Amen.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

indychinoluv

Quote from: defskull on Dec 01, 2008, 11:09 PM
Am I the only one that kind of likes the longer intro.  It really builds up anticipation for the song to begin.
I like the long intro too. The antipation is awsome. I thought Shannon Larkin was playing drums on the album again (he played on some on worship and tribute), but it sounds like Durijah. It would be awsome if Sammy Siegler would step back up again, but we all know that will never happen...

Wicked song though. Im glad Darryl is venting again!

Zevaka

i want them to play with two guitars

Nebontha

QuoteWicked song though. Im glad Darryl is venting again!
Fuckin 'a'!  I could never really get into the metro-sexual type stuff of Head Automica (and never will), makes me think of The Killers and Maroon 5 but even gayer, glad Daryl is re-discovering his roots again...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Slacker

i still not that hooked by the new song, it seems to flat for glassjaw.

endoeleven

I like that studio version, sic guitar

wheresmysnare

after listening to it for a while, i gotta say its a bit dull now, its very 'cool' and very respectable in terms of metal, but it's missing something, don't think the melodic part is good enough to be that short inbetween the chugging metal. I like the guitar though yeah, really simple to play, but a lot of thought gone into the tone and delivery n the recording.

endoeleven

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence (Reissue) (Roadrunner)
Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence (Vinyl) (Reissue) (Roadrunner)

on March 24th

theis

yeah, not interesting.

GIVE US A FUCKING NEW ALBUM INSTEAD DAMMIT.

raynor

Okey, that "new" song is quite boring if you ask me. And they anticipation of this album is a fucking joke.

I like the music this band puts out, but can't stand the way they treat there fans.

defskull

What do you mean?  As far as I'm concerned, they don't consider this their main priority, which is ok with me.  Why should they do what we want them to do when they can do what they want to do.  If it so happens to be the same thing, good deal.  If not, oh well.  It has been a long fucking time though.

Zevaka

Quote from: endoeleven on Mar 15, 2009, 11:51 PM
Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence (Reissue) (Roadrunner)
Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence (Vinyl) (Reissue) (Roadrunner)

on March 24th
i hope there will be some bonus tracks

skooks

Quote from: raynor on Mar 16, 2009, 12:33 AM
Okey, that "new" song is quite boring if you ask me. And they anticipation of this album is a fucking joke.

I like the music this band puts out, but can't stand the way they treat there fans.

Palumbo is a dickwad and so is Justin Beck so I'm not surprised they couldn't give a fuck about their fans. Though saying that, they have no obligation to anyone to make another album just because they have a fanbase.
http://www.last.fm/user/skooks
http://skooks.tumblr.com/

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

defskull

Is it really worth it?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: defskull on Mar 22, 2009, 08:13 PM
Is it really worth it?
Not really, I've listened to it, and compared it to the original, there really isn't that big a change. :-S Don't know why they remastered it in the first place, sounds great to me as it was.

ben

Roadrunner just loves money.