Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wifeparty

Quote from: Malpractice on Jun 12, 2006, 08:21 AM
Corrections

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 12, 2006, 07:18 AM
They need to get Sammy Seager back on the drums. larry Goodman is alright, I know Sammy only played on ETYWTKAS as a favour to ross Robinson...but fuck, the drumming on Piano (i still jam out that part on the 2nd verse where we has that random fill) is insane.

it's Larry Gorman not Larry Goodman and he dosen't play drums in Glassjaw anymore. Durijah Lang (Classic Case) now plays drums in the band when they do play shows/record. He use to be in  glassjaw a long ass time ago too for a short period of time. And yes you are right Sammy did play on EYEWTKAS as a favor to Ross but he did actually join the band for a short period of time and did a few shows with them but then decided to do Rival Schools fulltime and that's where Larry Gorman came into the picture.

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 12, 2006, 07:18 AM
Beck is an amazing musician (he played most of the drums on Worship), but Todd is very underratted
Beck didn't play drums on Worship And Tribute. session drummer Shannon Larkin (Amen) played drums for the whole album. Beck might of written some of the parts though. Beck did play drums back on the old Kiss Kiss Bang Bang-era stuff though

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 12, 2006, 07:33 AM
I would have loved to see them on the ETYWTKAS tour supporting Deftones! daryl singing headup with Chino. That would have been pricesless

I am not too sure Daryl did Headup with Deftones i know Daryl and Beck did Right Brigade with Deftones and i think Daryl sang on BQAD with them once or twice

Wow. You have a wealth of information about Glassjaw. Daryl did do headup with Chino! I have a shitty as bootleg of it.
Durijah was (one) of the original drummers. ross robinson talked the band into getting rid of him as he thought he didn't do them justice.

I am glad Daryl is doing HA. he needs to get that shit outta his system. popaganda is pretty forgetable though. I did like the first album though

defskull

Quote from: BigDave on Jun 12, 2006, 10:38 PM
i listened to w&t today.  i seriously forgot how amazing the album is.

I've been listening to it a lot lately.

wifeparty

Quote from: defskull on Jun 13, 2006, 02:34 AM
Quote from: BigDave on Jun 12, 2006, 10:38 PM
i listened to w&t today.  i seriously forgot how amazing the album is.
I've been listening to it a lot lately.
I like Daryls little race commentry at the end of The Gilette Cavalcade of Sports
'and my heart stays in the lead'

defskull

One of my favorite songs on that cd.  You know the mellower songs on that cd totally own the heavier songs on that cd.

I absolutely love "Trailer Park Jesus"

Put the needle to the record...

wifeparty

Quote from: defskull on Jun 13, 2006, 02:57 AM
One of my favorite songs on that cd.  You know the mellower songs on that cd totally own the heavier songs on that cd.
Put the needle to the record...
and hit me with your style

Someone requested Oxycodone

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=407F72A903B7F1DD

Paint Your Lips

You speak the truth, man ! My two favourite tracks are TPJ and TGCS. And yes, the race track commentary thing is hella cool.

Again, i wish he would stop all those side projects and come back home to Glassjaw.

defskull

Does anyone know who wrote "The Number No Good Things Come Of"?

Oldnewtype

since Shannon Larkin was mentioned i wanna go ahead and yell out IF YOU HAVENT CHECKED OUT AMEN THEN YOU SHOULD

Fireal1222

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jun 13, 2006, 11:45 AM

You speak the truth, man ! My two favourite tracks are TPJ and TGCS. And yes, the race track commentary thing is hella cool.

Again, i wish he would stop all those side projects and come back home to Glassjaw.

eyewtkas > w&T

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

defskull

LOOKING AHEAD
Jun. 27, 2006 by Chrissy
Hey guys.

Keep eyes/ears tuned into our site for firm dates on the upcoming Head Automatica/Men Women & Children tour this fall.

Also keep eyes peeled for an upcoming father/son interview with Daryl and his Dad in a future issue of AP Magazine. We will let you know when it's out.

We also want to wish Head Automatica a safe and triumphant return to the road.

So this means that 3/5 of Glassjaw will be touring together? Interesting....

wifeparty

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 27, 2006, 04:22 PM
since Shannon Larkin was mentioned i wanna go ahead and yell out IF YOU HAVENT CHECKED OUT AMEN THEN YOU SHOULD
Good call Even though Amen has had major problems getting shit realeased, Casery Chaos is one of the top punk writers out there now.

Also because it features the better musicans from Snot (Shannon was the original drummer in Snot...but left to join Ugly Kid Joe).
Amen and We have Come For Your Parents are pure slabs of noise

Jerry_Curls

I love GJ and everything, but now I can't think of them without picturing Daryl's large penis.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Malpractice

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 28, 2006, 04:58 AMAlso because it features the better musicans from Snot (Shannon was the original drummer in Snot...but left to join Ugly Kid Joe).
Amen and We have Come For Your Parents are pure slabs of noise

Shannon was never the original drummer for Snot. It was some kid named Brent and then they got Cornfed who then later joined Ultraspank and then of course the great drum god Jamie Miller. The only time Shannon was the drummer was during the fall 98' tour. Shannon was the one to bring the band Snot together though and also played in a band called MF Pitbulls which had most of Snot in it, and was also the drummer for Souls At Zero which he later quit to join Ugly Kid Joe and Jamie Miller replaced him. Also none of the members of Snot have been in Amen since 2003 and i think they have changed lineups two or three times since 2003 also lol.  The new Amen album that casey is working on now though Shannon layed down all the drum tracks for it and for free too.

Oldnewtype

i guess i should get some Snot, Ultraspank, MF Pitbulls, Ugly Kid Joe, and Souls at Zero seeing as I've never heard any of them

Slacker

Malpractice

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 29, 2006, 05:16 AM
i guess i should get some Snot, Ultraspank, MF Pitbulls, Ugly Kid Joe, and Souls at Zero seeing as I've never heard any of them

there's one Snot song on that mix i sent you a few years back. i think it was the box but i can't remember. if you see me on aim just ask and i'll send you their album

lithium royalty

ALightOn

mono_cathartica

i want them back....pretty lush......pink roses...ape dos mil....siberian kiss...i saw chino wore a glassjaw shirt in the s/t recording sessions... dunno if im right....there one wicked band that i missed a lot
tragic than the first