Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Its so fucking good.  Just listened to it for the 2nd time and damn.  Stations of the New Cross is probably my favorite GJ song ever. 

E-Money

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 14, 2011, 08:00 AM
thanks man! so between this and the 5 singles, does this make up the new album? or are these b-sides?

no one really knows.  its just something there giving away for free on their new US tour.  hopefully we'll still get an album in the future, but this rocks for now.  I couldn't be happier.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: E-Money on Feb 14, 2011, 08:34 AM
Its so fucking good.  Just listened to it for the 2nd time and damn.  Stations of the New Cross is probably my favorite GJ song ever. 
song is the titties.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deadradio

Wow, didn't expect this kind of EP. Different, but cool!

E-Money

I've given it 5 spins so far and my god I love it.  Black Nurse, Stations, and Daytona White are my favs!

Slacker

scene biatches, not shure how legit though. check it for yourself.

Paint Your Lips

Thanks, Slacker !

Slacker

Glassjaw – Coloring Book (2011) [FLAC]
FLAC(Tracks) + LOG + CUE | 2011 | 200.98 MB | Hardcore

1.) Black Nurse (3:51)
2.) Gold (4:43)
3.) Vanilla Poltergeist Snake (3:21)
4.) Miracles In Inches (3:41)
5.) Stations Of The New Cross (6:55)
6.) Daytona White (5:21)

get it before hotfile starts acting gay and put it down.

defskull

I'm just waiting until Monday when I get it in person :)

Slacker

Quote from: defskull on Feb 19, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'm just waiting until Monday when I get it in person :)

suit yourself :)

this one was such a grower. i cant get enough of this shit.

Paint Your Lips

Seriously, Stations Of The New Cross is becoming one of my favourite Glassjaw songs ever. It's so catchy and melodic, yet strangely aggressive in its vibe. I love it. A great EP and a great step for the Jaw.

They are the Radiohead of Punk.

Slacker

yeah...it was about time to get some new proper GJ material.

Slacker

Quote from: Slacker on Feb 20, 2011, 10:46 PM
yeah...it was about time to get some new proper GJ material. although im not sure if im convinced of the mastering yet...

JVell

I don't know guys, I have very recently gotten into Our Color Green. I loved the amount of screaming that was present on those songs and with Coloring Book, there's very little of it. I am afraid this is going to take a lot of getting used to for me.

One crazy theory I heard was the both of these ep's formed the overall full length that the band keeps hinting at. Remember how Beck stated that the album has a bunch of noisy stuff and a bunch of softer, more experimental material? Well apparently some think that these two eps - Our Color Green being the noisier and Coloring Book being the more experimental - make up the entire album.

Hopefully this isn't the case.

Slacker

Quote from: JVell on Feb 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
I don't know guys, I have very recently gotten into Our Color Green. I loved the amount of screaming that was present on those songs and with Coloring Book, there's very little of it. I am afraid this is going to take a lot of getting used to for me.

One crazy theory I heard was the both of these ep's formed the overall full length that the band keeps hinting at. Remember how Beck stated that the album has a bunch of noisy stuff and a bunch of softer, more experimental material? Well apparently some think that these two eps - Our Color Green being the noisier and Coloring Book being the more experimental - make up the entire album.

Hopefully this isn't the case.

yeah, the lp thing is quite a mistery...

whatever happens, at list we have 11 "new" song now...

and some pretty decent ones.

still...im not into the mixing/mastering they have

chick de la lynch

I'm currently listening to Coloring Book and I think it's my eighth time today? I'm in love with this new sound--very Glassjaw, but not Glassjaw all at the same time. It's heavy and experimental. To be honest, I kind of like the fact that this EP doesn't have as much screaming as Our Color Green. This EP relies more on the music than the vocals, which is refreshing. "Gold" is my favorite song off the EP, but I have a feeling that will change in the coming days. Can't wait for a full length album. All these EPs are such a tease.

E-Money

I'm loving this EP, its Glassjaw at their best IMO.  Love that jazzy vibe on Black Nurse.  Beck and Manny are the shit. 

defskull

I saw Glassjaw last night and got my Coloring Book EP.  Pretty fucking sweet concert.

They played all of Our Color Green, they did all of Coloring Book as the encore, played Siberian Kiss, Convectuoso, El Mark, and about half of W&T.  Good set list that could have used a little more EYEWTKAS.

Through a few listens of Coloring Book I agree with what chickdelalynch said about it sounding like Glassjaw while not sounding like them at the same time.

Everyone in the band sounds like they are from Glassjaw and what they are playing sounds like a part from a Glassjaw song but the song itself does not sound like typical Glassjaw.  This definitely sounds more like a cohesive whole than Our Color Green.  I can't wait to hear more from these guys.

Slacker

they'd been pretty consistent with the same tracklist set for some time now.