Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

I might get shit for this but does anyone else think that some of Daryl's vocals on "Stations of the New Cross" sound like Chester from Linkin Park?

theis

I don't get the fuss about these two new ep's. They're so boring.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: defskull on Feb 24, 2011, 02:03 AM
I might get shit for this but does anyone else think that some of Daryl's vocals on "Stations of the New Cross" sound like Chester from Linkin Park?

I didn't get that vibe, but I do think that's the weakest song off the EP.

Slacker

Quote from: defskull on Feb 24, 2011, 02:03 AM

by no means

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Feb 24, 2011, 02:36 AM
I don't get the fuss about these two new ep's. They're so boring.
go listen to radiohead, you snob ;)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Haha!

Not a glassjaw hater though. I love EYEWTKAS and WAT, but these Eps haven't been doing much for me.

bright lights, big city

yeah I see what you mean, none of these songs are on the Cosmopolitan Blood Loss or SIberian Kiss level. But they're pretty bitching nonetheless.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Menos el Oso

I'm jamming to the Coloring Book EP right now. I normally don't listen to these guys, but I'm digging some of the songs. I tried listening to their 1st album awhile back, but I couldn't get into it.
My favorite song is Black Nurse.

Oldnewtype

i feel like an idiot because this whole time i was seeing coloring book i was thinking of our color green....so im just now listening to coloring book. Its pretty good.

Slacker

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Mar 01, 2011, 11:28 PM
i feel like an idiot because this whole time i was seeing coloring book i was thinking of our color green....so im just now listening to coloring book. Its pretty good.

bout time you got your ass on that shit.

Oldnewtype

yeah i love it, played it through a few times yesterday. i really like the new glassjaw sound.

Nebontha

I'm trying to figure out if the song "No Way Out" on one of the Don Fury demo sessions is the same song as the "No Way Out" Daryl did for the Roadrunner Reunited shiz...
...or is the listing of it on that specific Don Fury demo session a mistake, and it's actually the track for the Roadrunner Reunited collab?
All the links for that specific Don Fury Session i have seen are dead, otherwise I would not be asking...

Anyways, really liking the bass (and pretty much everything else) on several of the songs on the (new) OCG and CB, good stuff
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Deftones-argentina

yup, it's the track for theRR comp, must be a mislabel your file has.

Vesanic

Saw them live yesterday in London, had a blast, but I miss their oldschool hardcore style. They still put on a great live show but You Think You're John Fucking Lennon is not the same song.

The gig was being filmed by 6 cameras or something, Daryl told the crowd to say hello to them, and one guy from the filming crew told me it would probably end up on DVD, so I guess there's a...

Live DVD coming up soon.

Nebontha

Quoteyup, it's the track for theRR comp, must be a mislabel your file has.
No, the Don Fury Demo Sessions* I have has these songs:
When 8 Becomes 2 Zeros
Motel Of The White Locust
Harlem
Matchbook Blackbook
Flagburning Dakota
Last Kiss
Major
String Of Pearls (Pre-Production)
Harlem (Pre-Production)
Family Of Five (Pre-Production)
          *got this copy from jotexmetal.blogspot.com
I acquired the track "No Way Out" seperately, not sure where from though...
I just got confused because some people list a Don Fury Demo Session with a song called "No Way Out" as the first track...
when my internet stops lagging like a retarded motherfucker, I'll show an example...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

raynor

seriously, is it good the new EP? is it like the first time you heard worship and tribute?

should I download this?

theis

Quote from: raynor on Mar 31, 2011, 10:28 PM
seriously, is it good the new EP? is it like the first time you heard worship and tribute?

I think the two new EP's are incredibly boring, but hey, that's just me.

theis

That's the only song I think is decent. But goddamnit, that's a terrible performance.

Vesanic

Well this video has the studio version of the song but the actual performance is weak, indeed.

This one is awesome

Glassjaw You Think You're John Fucking Lennon 12/23/06 Show2