Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: theis on Mar 31, 2011, 10:32 PM
Quote from: raynor on Mar 31, 2011, 10:28 PM
seriously, is it good the new EP? is it like the first time you heard worship and tribute?

I think the two new EP's are incredibly boring, but hey, that's just me.
You think everything sucks at first.

theis

Haha.

Nah. I'm assuming you're talking about Radiohead again?

Memo to self: Don't badmouth Radiohead, Converge or Glassjaw or else Paint Your Lips will get butthurt.

ben

Don't worry Theis, I think all of Glassjaw is garbage now.

the same sound

E-Money

I've really enjoyed the coloring book ep.  I saw them on March 22nd and had a good time.  Maybe they weren't quite as intense as they used to be.  Manny and Beck still killed it and Black Nurse sounded just as good live as any of their old shit. 

Paint Your Lips

Theis and Ben, you're not listening. The new Jaw stuff is amazing, dig in there, guys, with an open mind. The best music is that which continues to grow on you.

Vesanic

I've gotta admit that I miss the " in-the-face " effect of the old Glassjaw, and I miss Todd as well. But their new sound is pretty interesting, Coloring Book's a great EP.

Nebontha

Quoteseriously, is it good the new EP? is it like the first time you heard worship and tribute?

should I download this?
Yes.  Better. 
Yes, or buy it off iTunes or whatever.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

ALightOn

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 05, 2011, 02:22 AM
I've gotta admit that I miss the " in-the-face " effect of the old Glassjaw, and I miss Todd as well. But their new sound is pretty interesting, Coloring Book's a great EP.

this

wither-I

fuck everyone! and fuck me! i love this new ep.

yeah its not so volatile and punishing but i love the snappy drumming and the just the general-badassery of each song. it makes me wanna run

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Vesanic

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 11, 2011, 04:27 PMyeah its not so volatile and punishing but i love the snappy drumming and the just the general-badassery of each song. it makes me wanna run

+8784584564847

ALightOn

another tour please!

kurtone

According to a recent interview conducted by Kerrang!, Glassjaw aren't likely to release a new full-length album anytime soon. Instead the band are moving more towards their recent approach of EP's and digital releases with band frontman Daryl Palumbo offering the following:

"People are so hung up on us not having a full-length out that they're overlooking the fact that record labels are becoming increasingly irrelevant, that full-length records are becoming irrelevant and the whole album/tour cycle is pretty irrelevant."

He went on to add that that the group would rather "put music out as it occurs and not bore people with 15 songs"

bright lights, big city

fine by me. as long as glassjaw continues to make music, i really don't care how they release it.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 13, 2011, 06:55 AM
fine by me. as long as glassjaw continues to make music, i really don't care how they release it.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 13, 2011, 06:55 AM
Amen.

glassdomino

oh yeah daryl, getting 15 new songs is incredibly boring.  i can't believe we've let it go on for as long as it has.   ::)

receiving new music as it occurs would be great, but then i remember that it's Glassjaw and my bullshitometer starts going off.

Vesanic

Hey guys, I'd like to have your opinion on this one... Which do you prefer between Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence and Worship & Tribute and why ?

Caín

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 08, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, I'd like to have your opinion on this one... Which do you prefer between Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence and Worship & Tribute and why ?

Worship & Tribute.

Why? Focus on groove, great drumming and guitar work. No childish FUCK YOU BITCH!!! antics.

bright lights, big city

Worship & Tribute, because of what Cain said. And better songs overall.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?