Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

"Gold" might be one of the most annoying songs ever.

Vesanic

Daryl's vocals grow on you with time, usually. If it never does, I won't blame you though. His sarcastic tone ain't for everybody.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: theis on Aug 29, 2011, 02:50 AM
Quote from: iceache on Aug 29, 2011, 01:58 AM
God damn glassJaw are fantastic.

Really?

Those performances were horrible.

God, I can't stand this band anymore.
You're overreacting, Theis.

Cool down and take the performace for what it is, not what you want it to be. They are not here to please you, and that's what I like about them.

Maybe you're just not cut out for Glassjaw.

theis

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Aug 30, 2011, 01:17 AM
Quote from: theis on Aug 29, 2011, 02:50 AM
Quote from: iceache on Aug 29, 2011, 01:58 AM
God damn glassJaw are fantastic.

Really?

Those performances were horrible.

God, I can't stand this band anymore.

Maybe you're just not cut out for Glassjaw.

Maybe they're just not that good.

skinnypuppy

defskull

Or maybe you guys just have opinions that differ...

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: theis on Aug 30, 2011, 01:47 AM
Maybe they're just not that good.
Yeah, that's it. You nailed it. I'll stop listening to them right now.

Stop trying so hard to undermine a band and just go listen to your music and enjoy it, and let us enjoy ours.

Quote from: defskull on Aug 30, 2011, 06:04 AM
That's the basic premise, and that's how it'll always be. End of story.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: defskull on Aug 30, 2011, 06:04 AM

Caín

Fuck. What a terrible performance. Nobody in the band can keep up with their own material (save the bassist). This is the sound of a band overwhelmed by their own songs. That's what you get for pro tooling the living fuck out of you songs.

Deftones-argentina

I think the studio songs sound quite natural. I think it might be just a lack of rehearsing.

Caín

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Sep 01, 2011, 06:23 AM
I think the studio songs sound quite natural. I think it might be just a lack of rehearsing.

Natural? There's programmed drums all over that recording! Only a fragment is done live.

Deftones-argentina

the only one that has drums programmed all over the place is Junkies, the rest might have something background with some stuff, but that's it. Furthermore, I don't think they are programmed drums, but Durijah's overdubs (which still ain't that nice for drumers, but if guitarists can, why drummer don't?)

Vesanic

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Sep 01, 2011, 06:07 PM
the only one that has drums programmed all over the place is Junkies

Junkies is on Our Color Green, though. I think Caín was talking about Coloring Book.

Vesanic

One thing is sure though: Daryl fucking SUCKS live. Why does he feel the need to modify his own structures and why does he replace his screams with annoying high notes when he doesn't even make the effort the hit the real high notes themselves ? I don't get it. He's got the talent, he's got the skills, and still he fucks it up.

Vesanic

Caín

I was talking about Coloring Book though. Also, Manny confirmed on the glassjaw.net forums that Durijah an he MAY (sic!) have played on one of the songs on coloring book, the rest was Beck and Daryl in the studio.

Deftones-argentina

you're right V, It was colouring book. I read something like what you say from the same source Caín, and I think it  cassually alluded to Junkies (the bridge, which was taken from a live bootleg).
I remember also a fragment where they said durijah recorded  the bridge to VSPoltergeist hours before being sent to replicate. What I understood is that beck writes everything, and then manny & durijah learns the material and gives it a bit of their touch ("Precise surgery"), but I guessed that It wasn't Beck who recorded everything. Do you have the source somewhere handy? i'd like to reread it.

Caín

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Sep 01, 2011, 11:23 PM
you're right V, It was colouring book. I read something like what you say from the same source Caín, and I think it  cassually alluded to Junkies (the bridge, which was taken from a live bootleg).
I remember also a fragment where they said durijah recorded  the bridge to VSPoltergeist hours before being sent to replicate. What I understood is that beck writes everything, and then manny & durijah learns the material and gives it a bit of their touch ("Precise surgery"), but I guessed that It wasn't Beck who recorded everything. Do you have the source somewhere handy? i'd like to reread it.

that's all I have for you right now. it's Durijah confirming he did not play on Gold:
http://forum.glassjaw.net/post/221028/#p221028

Also, he is quoting Manny who said that he only played on the bridge, just like Junkies.

theis

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 01, 2011, 06:34 PM
Glassjaw at Reading Festival 2011

They're still hilarious though.

"Drowning Man? No, Drowning Pool."

"Is Enter Shikari an Indian restaurant?"

Okay, that was pretty funny.

Deftones-argentina

thank you, you are right then