Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Daryl was born with that shit. He sang awesomely from 06 to 09 and then all of sudden he would sing like shit because of a disease he's always had ? Dude, you know it doesn't even make sense.

lucidnoise

sounded like terrible recording equipment to me but ya

Electron§

Man, GlassJAw, another fucking killer band who went from awesome unorthodox post hardcore, then evolved into more poppy sound crap. Sounds familiar doesn't it? I just cant put my finger on who im referencing right now.......

Vesanic

I have to disagree, man. I do think Coloring Book needed some violence but I also think it's a brilliant EP, with a very interesting sound.

Electron§

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 02, 2011, 12:09 PM
I have to disagree, man. I do think Coloring Book needed some violence but I also think it's a brilliant EP, with a very interesting sound.

My favorite song on it was "Gold" which I think is one of the best tracks from them, but other than that, Idk, I don't think it sounds enough like GlassJAw. Or what used to be Glassjaw. At least theres the new full length their planning to release at some point... should be good....

Vesanic

The Don Fury sessions... Nice shit.

It's interesting to hear Daryl without his sarcastic exaggerated tone, like on the Don Fury Sessions version of Ry Ry's Song for example:

GlassJAw - Ry Ry's Song (Don Fury Sessions)

Vesanic

New date: February 3rd 2012 - Nassau Coliseum, New York (supporting Rise Against, A Day To Remember and The Menzingers)

defskull

Quote from: Electron§ on Nov 02, 2011, 08:18 AM
Man, GlassJAw, another fucking killer band who went from awesome unorthodox post hardcore, then evolved into more poppy sound crap. Sounds familiar doesn't it? I just cant put my finger on who im referencing right now.......

You make it sound really obvious but I don't know which other band you're referring to.

TheShade1989

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 01, 2011, 11:51 PM
Daryl was born with that shit. He sang awesomely from 06 to 09 and then all of sudden he would sing like shit because of a disease he's always had ? Dude, you know it doesn't even make sense.

People with Crohn's disease have flare-ups, they dont stay the same severity throughout their life.

As for the Coloring Book EP...I can understand a lotta ppl not really into it or, at the very least, thinking it's a radical change frm Worship & Tribute and EYEWTKAS, because they've always had this really raw and aggressive style, but hey, this is another band that isnt afraid to go in different directions. I love the EP, especially Daytona White, but I'd love to hear some new music frm them that gets back to their roots, so to speak.

Vesanic

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 20, 2011, 02:30 AM
People with Crohn's disease have flare-ups, they dont stay the same severity throughout their life.

Well yeah, but it's not like the dude lost any energy, he's the same, he can pull off awesome high notes and sing like a fucking master but he just doesn't.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 01, 2011, 11:51 PM

He probably had surgery before 06 to help his condition.

My best friend has Chron's, has had 2 surgeries due to it (where they remove the inflamed portion of the intestine). The other day he mentioned he is missing about 3 feet of his small intenstine (or large I forget which).

During flare ups (which can last months or years following a period of relief), which this one to date is the worst, he is bed ridden, cannot move, and cannot sleep due to the insane amounts of pain he experiences. He lost his job due to it. He could have another surgery, but he doesn't want to be put on a bag (poop bag) by the time he's 40.

Imagine food or liquid going through a few feet of ulcerations and trying to squeeze through a swollen connective tissue junction that binds your intestines together.

No thank you.

That's only touching on the eating portion of the disease.

I'd sing like shit too if I experienced that.

Vesanic

Mmh, my bad, I guess I needed some more informations. Still, I find this very weird... It happened in such a quick moment.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 26, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mmh, my bad, I guess I needed some more informations. Still, I find this very weird... It happened in such a quick moment.

All good dude! You didn't know. I believe it does spring up overnight with no warning and it is life long, there is no cure what so ever. I couldn't imagine doing any singing using my diaphragm during a flare up... it'd suck.

If Daryl's plight is anything like my friends (everyone is different)... I'm really surprised he tours at all. I just have a tremendous amount of respect for the dude, it really shows his dedication to music.

Robotsatemygrandma

Nice. Funny the news was on released 3/6/12. Damn GJ and their cryptic loving asses.

Wonder if they're going to tour any this year?

Vesanic

And they're playing on 7/8 haha.

I doubt this very much but who knows...

TheShade1989

I'd go, but I dont have the money :\ damn being unable to save up money. Ah well, maybe some other time.

Nebontha

QuoteQuote from: Vesanic on Oct 31, 2011, 09:07 AM
I've said that a couple of times but how do you go from this:

Glassjaw - You Think You're John Fucking Lennon - Dublin

To that:

glassJAw - You Think You're (John Fucking Lennon) @ Stoke Sugarmill 26/08/11

?

This is how

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn%27s_disease
a combination of Crohn's, and age... and possibly drugs
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

tarkil

Wasn't he straightedge or something ? Though I did see him drinking beers ....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.