Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShade1989

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 11, 2012, 09:48 AM
Wasn't he straightedge or something ? Though I did see him drinking beers ....

He was, but he hasnt been straight-edge for...quite a long time. But I remember an interview with him and it made it sound like he never took a lotta drugs or whatever, so I cant see that messing up his voice really.

Vesanic

He broke his edge quite a while back... Wasn't it in 2006 or something ?

Anyway, he sounded better at their latest gig, at which they had to open for Rise Against and A Day To Remember (lol)

GlassJaw-You Think Your John Lennon 2/3/12 Nassau Coliseum

But he's still not as good as in the one I've posted.

Vesanic

Yup, I think I am. If so, I'll be there for Sunday only. Would be ideal to have the Tones in there as well, but I doubt this very much. If they tour on Summer, which I doubt just as much, they'll probably do Reading/Leeds or Download again.

Nebontha

QuoteWasn't he straightedge or something ? Though I did see him drinking beers ....
WAS is the important word here, he gave up on straight edge in his late teens/early adulthood when he realized that he wanted to experience things and that holding onto the ideals of his early teens was kindof stupid.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

Rumors of them touring in South America are going on.

black coffee

Rumors confirm I couldn't afford the trip there even if I wanted to

Nebontha

QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

Sonisphere cancelled.

seogkeoktohtkohdpkqepherphiph

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Vesanic on Mar 29, 2012, 11:22 AM
Sonisphere cancelled.

seogkeoktohtkohdpkqepherphiph

Wonder why they cancelled Sonisphere?

But then again I'm starting to think they really don't have the funds to do much anymore. 

Vesanic

Yeah, apparently, tickets sales weren't high enough.

Robotsatemygrandma

So the Worship and Tribute thing is still on.

It's now at Irving Plaza, NY on July 8th. Lucky New Yorkers.

Vesanic

Still wondering why they didn't do this for EYEWTKAS.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
Still wondering why they didn't do this for EYEWTKAS.

Oh man that would be intense, and luckily I've been witness to it (seen them back in 2000). But from what I've gathered (set lists for Reading and a few 2011 shows), they seem to really only play stuff off of Worship and Tribute and the 2 new EPs now.

Vesanic

Yeah, I know... I saw them in London on March 2011, the only song they played off EYEWTKAS was, not surprisingly, Siberian Kiss.

So you've heard every song from EYEWTKAS? The title track as well? That's one of the most emotional songs I've ever heard.

Gnosticality

Quote from: Nebontha on Mar 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
QuoteQuote from: Vesanic on Oct 31, 2011, 09:07 AM
I've said that a couple of times but how do you go from this:

Glassjaw - You Think You're John Fucking Lennon - Dublin

To that:

glassJAw - You Think You're (John Fucking Lennon) @ Stoke Sugarmill 26/08/11

?

This is how

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn%27s_disease
a combination of Crohn's, and age... and possibly drugs

I'm ridiculously confused. LOL.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 19, 2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I know... I saw them in London on March 2011, the only song they played off EYEWTKAS was, not surprisingly, Siberian Kiss.

So you've heard every song from EYEWTKAS? The title track as well? That's one of the most emotional songs I've ever heard.

I should rephrase my statement. I saw them open for Deftones back in 2000, so I'm guessing the 6+ songs they played was just from EYEWTKAS. Not the whole album. My bad.

Vesanic

Haha, alright. I've heard the 4 (I think) pro tracks from that show, such a mess haha.

Vesanic

GJ at Hevy Fest.