Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Pre order will happen on Black Friday if not before. Release on Dec 1.

Washed Up Emo streamed it a couple days ago and it's incredible. Kinda out there and very EYEWTKAS-ish. A perfect balance between heavy and soft.

Vesanic

kurtone

I was creeping on the glassjaw.info site and saw you on there Ves lol  Can't wait until next Friday. I saw there was a leak going around but I'm holding out until the official release.

Vesanic

It's not a leak, more like someone recorded the stream and passed the recording around. It's great but it's like a handycam shot of a new great movie played at the theatre. Not worth it.

Drums were recorded with Billy Rymer (Dillinger Escape Plan), Justin Beck probably performed both bass and guitars. I miss Manny and Durijah's groove but Chad Hasty and Travis Sykes really slay it. This band was always really Daryl and Beck, just wish they'd hire a second guitarist for live shows again.

kurtone

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 20, 2017, 05:49 PM
It's not a leak, more like someone recorded the stream and passed the recording around. It's great but it's like a handycam shot of a new great movie played at the theatre. Not worth it.

Drums were recorded with Billy Rymer (Dillinger Escape Plan), Justin Beck probably performed both bass and guitars. I miss Manny and Durijah's groove but Chad Hasty and Travis Sykes really slay it. This band was always really Daryl and Beck, just wish they'd hire a second guitarist for live shows again.

I debated on going and seeing them in Denver a couple weeks ago but didn't get to unfortunately.

Vesanic

New song is out, "Shira". A couple people said they sounded like Deftones but I disagree. It's not the first time though, I heard someone compare John Fucking Lennon to Headup.

"New White Extremity" from two years back will also be on the record. Comes out Dec 1st, pre sales are up and they got a release show happening in New York. Judging by the teasers they keep throwing out on Instagram, they could have a documentary being released.

It's pretty cool how they're really getting back in the circuit, now just announce the vinyl and the fucking European tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsmRYan062E

ANattyRat

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 26, 2017, 12:53 AM
New song is out, "Shira". A couple people said they sounded like Deftones but I disagree. It's not the first time though, I heard someone compare John Fucking Lennon to Headup.

"New White Extremity" from two years back will also be on the record. Comes out Dec 1st, pre sales are up and they got a release show happening in New York. Judging by the teasers they keep throwing out on Instagram, they could have a documentary being released.

It's pretty cool how they're really getting back in the circuit, now just announce the vinyl and the fucking European tour.

I definitely think Shira sounds like Deftones, I thought it on my first listen. Obviously not in the sense that it doesn't sound like Glassjaw, it's just got a sound that makes me think of Deftones. But I've never felt that way about their other songs. I've never managed to see Glassjaw yet, hopefully they'll come to the UK/EU soon and I can cross that off my list.

Martin

Am I seeing it right: the pre-order are either options for packages or a digital download...no option to buy a CD or just the vinyl?

Bifrost

I think if you heard Shira by itself you could make that comparison, with the heavy dissonant guitar sound, groove and crooning but really glassJaw has been honing in on this sound since Coloring Book. I like it, but live it doesn't always translate so well. Last time I saw them Beck's guitar just sounded awful - I knew the songs and could barely make them out. I agree, they really need to have a second guitar player to properly play their older stuff but I don't see that happening.

I am genuinely stoked to hear this album (already pre-ordered it), I really like the track so far, it will be a nice early Christmas gift :)

ANattyRat

Quote from: Bifrost on Nov 30, 2017, 07:41 PM

I think if you heard Shira by itself you could make that comparison, with the heavy dissonant guitar sound, groove and crooning but really glassJaw has been honing in on this sound since Coloring Book. I like it, but live it doesn't always translate so well. Last time I saw them Beck's guitar just sounded awful - I knew the songs and could barely make them out. I agree, they really need to have a second guitar player to properly play their older stuff but I don't see that happening.

I am genuinely stoked to hear this album (already pre-ordered it), I really like the track so far, it will be a nice early Christmas gift :)

The album has leaked, if that's something you're interested in.

nicklav

This album is excellent.

ALightOn

I can t wait to see them on Sunday night in Chicago. This will be my 5th time seeing them and My 1st Time Ever in Chicago...I hope they re on point!!

Knucklestones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow4METNfH1k&feature=youtu.be Not sure if this will show up since it immediately got copyright claimed, but this is the revised version of the Cosmopolitan Bloodloss video ripped straight from the master tape.

Martin

Watching/listening to this, because of the vinyl and streaming release of 'Colouring Book'.
I swear the first time I saw/heard this live performance, it didn't sound as good as it does here;
https://youtu.be/sLjy8N8lt4U

LG95

Did you manage to pick up one of the vinyls?
I could float here forever