Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEFinMASS

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 07, 2006, 10:58 AM
if Undertow and Aenima could meet halfways, plus have some new stuff thrown in... that'd be nice.

Perfect combination

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 11, 2006, 04:14 AM
is anyone else a bit disappointed that only 11 songs are appearing on this cd? 

i hope not more than 2 or 3 are going to be filler songs.

i don't think the number of songs really matters, read that review a few pages back.  i love long ass songs.  especially pushit live.  mmmm

fireflyry

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Mar 11, 2006, 06:23 AM
Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 11, 2006, 04:14 AM
is anyone else a bit disappointed that only 11 songs are appearing on this cd? 

i hope not more than 2 or 3 are going to be filler songs.

i don't think the number of songs really matters, read that review a few pages back.  i love long ass songs.  especially pushit live.  mmmm

True and with their song structures and timing you could consider one Tool track to actually contain at least 2 if not 3 movements which could really be considered songs in their own right.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

zee deveel 17

i feel more and more like the bandmembers are just playing a total prank on their fans and the media with the album title and track names.

don't be surprised it this is one big joke come april fool's day.

fireflyry

Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 11, 2006, 07:56 AM
i feel more and more like the bandmembers are just playing a total prank on their fans and the media with the album title and track names.

don't be surprised it this is one big joke come april fool's day.

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 08, 2006, 12:13 AM
When it comes to Tool I ain't believing shit till it's on the shelf.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

yeah, I discussed just that with my friend. it feels like Tool is that band who can really go to great lengths to fool their fans and media. but I dunno.... I'll simply just not care since the album is supposed to be out very soon anyways. all will be revealed by then.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

reimdaheim

possible album covers:

found this on www.amazon.de

and this on another forum.

Crazylegs

they don't look very "toolish" to me.

reimdaheim

yes i think the same.
the amazon one is strange. check this link. when you click on the song preview links you are directed to aenima. and the reviews are similiar to the aenima reviews. just some song names are changed....

zee deveel 17

actually, i like the second album cover

Fireal1222

reguardless of what the album title is, songs names are, and album cover looks like

we are gonna find out for sure in like 2 months, the album is right around the corner

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

zee deveel 17

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 11, 2006, 05:15 PM
reguardless of what the album title is, songs names are, and album cover looks like

we are gonna find out for sure in like 2 months, the album is right around the corner

you bet

i just feel that the possibility that the band is pulling a caper on us is likely.  but then again, this could all really be true

deathblow

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 09, 2006, 03:09 PM
He was (Maynard) without flaw on the two occasions I saw Tool live.Not one bum note and so much power in his voice.I would never be so bold or ignorant to criticise Chino but he has hit the odd bum note when I have seen him perform and I honestly can't say the same of Maynard.

I have always judged a vocalist by their live performance.

Obviously that's my experience only but I would'nt say Maynard is over-rated in the slightest.

this was from the phallucy thread, i thought it fit better here...

anyway dude, i completely agree with you... maynard pulls shit OFF live, he fucking aces everything, especially when i saw them for aenema,  eulogy , hooker with a penis, stinkfist ... everything done DEAD fuckin on, not a single error ever. i think he's up to his game and more.

fightclubche

I really hope it's a prank.  People fall for the shit Tool pulls every year, dumbasses.

deathblow

your av is really tripping me out

lostpilot

i`ve downloaded the fake album.
some fans or whatever recorded it.
stupidity.

4th Eye

Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 11, 2006, 05:21 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 11, 2006, 05:15 PM

you bet

i just feel that the possibility that the band is pulling a caper on us is likely.  but then again, this could all really be true

Maybe all this being true is their joke. Some people believe so strongly the titles and cover being fake when they might just be what we're getting. I dunno, we'll see...

There was some interesting (over)-analyzing on TDN. Some are just hilarious.

zee deveel 17

if you look on one of the topics in the message forum, one of the administrator's recieved a message from adam jones saying that the title and track names are correct.

so, that just may be the verification we need.

deathblow

ya i saw that too... hmm

adam is funny. cussed the guys on that board good.haha

Jerry_Curls

Speaking of live, where has everyone seen them before?

Saw them in Long Beach at that Verizon place like in 01 and then at the Great Western Forum in 02. I'm not sure if those are the correct years, but those were some amazing shows nonetheless.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.