Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithium royalty

schism and parabola?
if those are it, i have them... i posted the sticker that came with both, says new tool spring 2006

Sam

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 03, 2006, 02:44 PM
the name of the album is "10.000 Days" apparantly.

Sounds about right.  Since that's how long we've been waiting for the damn album to drop.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: comfortably_numb on Mar 03, 2006, 06:29 PM
on the band's official website

The last post I see on toolband.com is the one in which he confirms the falseness of the album titles floating around. Nothing mentioned about the confirmed title.

zee deveel 17

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Mar 04, 2006, 02:39 AM
Quote from: comfortably_numb on Mar 03, 2006, 06:29 PM
on the band's official website

The last post I see on toolband.com is the one in which he confirms the falseness of the album titles floating around. Nothing mentioned about the confirmed title.

that's weird

it was definitely on there earlier today

maybe the title is a fraud after all

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I wouldn't doubt it. I expect the new title will most likely follow the TOOL formula of a single word that most likely does not exist yet ala Aenima and Lateralus... I like when they make up words. It gives you so much to think about.

Jacob

you should all read the latest article on toolband.com... it's pretty clear that the album won't follow in the footsteps of Lateralus. and as for "10,000 Days", it was there earlier as the latest news but it's gone now. so my guess is that the band didn't like getting it out there just yet. or maybe it was just a joke, I dunno. but the post said that the cover artwork is getting pressed now and will most likely leak so they might as well reveal the title of the album.

in the end, I don't really care anyways... knowing the album title now won't make the music one bit better once it's released.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Breach Unborn

just curious...why is it that the Radiohead thread is sticky and the Tool thread isn't?

4th Eye

I'd say almost every information in toolband.com or concerning Tool anyway should be taken with a fair amount of skepticism.

I will wait the album to hit the stores and then see what it's called.

Gaz

Tool thread has now a sticky

Jizzlobber

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Mar 02, 2006, 10:53 PM
Quote from: Jizzlobber on Mar 02, 2006, 08:15 PM
ive heard what is apperantly a leaked version of some songs off the upcoming release. if they are legit, then its gonna be very fucking good indeed!

If your telling the truth do the right thing and upload them

well....i am telling the truth. a friend of mine picked me up one night, and said he has got some of the new tool songs that he got off the net. i was pretty blown away when he told me that, and he ripped them onto a cd and we listened to it in the car.

and they arent songs ive ever heard so they are definatly new. and they were pretty good. it had quite a bit of double kick drum action going on, and the guitars sound similiar to "aenima" and "laterelus...the vocals, are also typical of Maynard...but i expected that. the riffs sound very typical of tool actually. i cant promise anything about uploading them, but ill see what i can do...

i just dont see how anyone can get some of the new tool and it nOT being the new album...it makes sense to me that its definatly on the net somewhere, coz they are so close to releasing it....
<

Gaz

Hmm, maybe it is out there somewhere

Fireal1222

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Mar 04, 2006, 04:54 PM
Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Mar 02, 2006, 10:53 PM
Quote from: Jizzlobber on Mar 02, 2006, 08:15 PM
ive heard what is apperantly a leaked version of some songs off the upcoming release. if they are legit, then its gonna be very fucking good indeed!

If your telling the truth do the right thing and upload them

well....i am telling the truth. a friend of mine picked me up one night, and said he has got some of the new tool songs that he got off the net. i was pretty blown away when he told me that, and he ripped them onto a cd and we listened to it in the car.

and they arent songs ive ever heard so they are definatly new. and they were pretty good. it had quite a bit of double kick drum action going on, and the guitars sound similiar to "aenima" and "laterelus...the vocals, are also typical of Maynard...but i expected that. the riffs sound very typical of tool actually. i cant promise anything about uploading them, but ill see what i can do...

i just dont see how anyone can get some of the new tool and it nOT being the new album...it makes sense to me that its definatly on the net somewhere, coz they are so close to releasing it....

i smell bullshit

im guessing its the album undertow. or APC. its def. not from the new album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

defskull

Or maybe one of the million other bands trying to sound like Tool.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: defskull on Mar 04, 2006, 11:14 PM
Hey, are you the dude who uses that same avatar on The Comatorium?

Jacob

there's a band called Spinning Black Circle with a singer who must be a Maynard clone. if someone has heard any "new" songs my guess is that they're bythat band or a similar rip-off band.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

defskull

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Mar 05, 2006, 01:09 AM
Quote from: defskull on Mar 04, 2006, 11:14 PM
Hey, are you the dude who uses that same avatar on The Comatorium?

The Comatorium? Can't say I've heard of such thing.  I'm assuming it's Mars Volta related though.

Jizzlobber

its definatly not undertow, ive got it and its not that......i doubt its a 'copy band' either.

i can here Danny Careys drums in an instant...ive studied his drumming for years and i can hear if its not him.

and what i heard was definatly TooL..no doubt.  from the various descriptions ive read quoted from the band members based on the sound of the album, and comparing their quotes to what i heard....it fits together.

ill try and get it uploaded this week...
<

Fireal1222

the reason i thought it was undertow, is cause undertow is basically the blueprint of lateralus.. they sound very much alike at times

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lithium royalty

JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...
The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10, 000 days '

... so there it is.

sent to me in an email after it was posted in toolband.com

Fireal1222

im really not feeling the title 10 , 000 days. then again, i never would have thought one of my all time favorite albums would be called "white pony". so i dont know

maybe after i hear the tool album ill enjoy the name

im gonna wait for the day of the release to buy and listen, i cant wait to see the artwork, then hear the MUSIC

it seems like this album is going to have a very early feel. like back when the indians still roamed what is now north america.. its going to have a very tribal feel, from what that reviwer said after hearing the album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.