White Wrist

it looked real. and great, too!

Jacob

official video?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

mascara87

tool is da shit!!!just recently saw them and they blew my socks off!! started off with my favorite..jambi & ended with VICARIOUS!! fkn awesome!

lostpilot

I have the video in really great quality, that looks just awesome.

mr.sinister

this band is great. lateralus remains to be my favorite release by them.

lostpilot

White Wrist

Jacob

hm, weird video. and not good weird as their other videos.... just weird. I'm not sure if I like it yet. it looks kinda cheap compared to the others.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Alvar

Quote from: aenemic on Dec 25, 2007, 02:59 PM
hm, weird video. and not good weird as their other videos.... just weird. I'm not sure if I like it yet. it looks kinda cheap compared to the others.

after i first watched the video i didnt know what to think lol, so many different things are happening, so many impressions, and so perfect metaphors, the embryo in the skull, the eye of the storm in the end, the alien-snake-thing breaking into the big black sun (did it only remind me of one certain biological process? ;)

hm... for me it looks like best animated video that i have ever seen, but yes its really weird... and i didnt get the message of the video yet...damn tool pwned me once again

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Fireal1222

is the download posted above the entire dvd. or just the video

because i plan on buying the dvd tomorrow if its not the whole thing

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Dec 26, 2007, 12:16 AM
is the download posted above the entire dvd. or just the video

because i plan on buying the dvd tomorrow if its not the whole thing

i uploaded just the Vicarious video.

Deadradio

what an awesome video, thanks

Fireal1222

i bought the dvd today.. the booklet is the same type of deal as 10000days..

i havent watched the dvd yet. i will later tonight

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

i lied in my last post. i just today watched the dvd after buying it last week.

the video was absolutely amazing. here was my take on it

the beginning and first half was basically a mind fuck. but the last part. where the guy dies. this is when it got amazing to me

when the guy died and then his brain formed the baby. i think it was basically trying to show a reincarnation type of belief

but when the guy's soul goes into the sun. it seems like they are basically trying to show you what death is like. and i guess that insane place at the end ( an alex grey painting in a 3d ) is basically representing some type of heaven. basically where we go for a short time only to come back to our galaxy

all i know is that the video is amazing. and the first time i watched it i was completely overwhelmed by that ending.. really amazing stuff. there best yet.. although some parts are quite gay

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

funk_brother

song of the day: reflection.....this is amazing

White Wrist

that song...that album...

this band...

Fireal1222

i just read the first page of this thread. this board is fucking awesome. i'm gonna go back and read some of the first pages on some threads. remember some of the old members and see how long some of u have been here

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Law

probably too long :P

sixner

i was really disappointed with the DVD imo.
For those that havent seen it, all it is..
-Video for vicarious
-2 audio comentarys (which suck, imo.. same guy for both)
-making of the video (boring to me, i'm not into film making stuff)

as i recall, that is it. Unless i missed something.