Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassin

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 15, 2006, 02:12 AM
I live in Gävle, remember? we talked about that before ::)

you can use wax and it does help keeping the dreads together. and it also keeps water out of your dreads, if that's what you want. I think that's mainly why real rastafaris use wax. I was dumb enough to wax my dreads at first... they smelled weird and everytime I tried washing my hair I'd get lots of old grey wax crawling out of my dreads. it's a bad idea imo. and no, the longer hair the better. you lose a lot of length when making dreads.

Oh yeah, you told me you live north of Stockholm... sorry I forgot! There are too many Swedes on this board!

So, girls with dreads - hot or not?

Btw how do you keep them clean then?

fireflyry

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 15, 2006, 01:40 AM
I did at first, but got used to it fast. now I just miss having them... I miss how it looks and I miss what it represents, haha. but I'm getting new dreads soon enough.

I had dreads for 4 years.I loved having them but they were:

a.A pain in the ass

b.Hot

c.Itchy

d.Automatically entitled people to label me a rasta which unfortunatley in NZ atypically represents the sterotype of being being a broke ass bum.Although I had a girlfriend for 3 of the 4 years I found, once single, that females are'nt normally attracted to the stereotype of a broke ass bum and neither were potential employers.

Anyway I went out drinking one night and woke up the next morning with a jar beside me, full of my snipped off dreads.Initial devastation and anger towards the culprits (my still drunken friends) was soon replaced by the euphoria of shortly afterwards finding a job, a new girlfriend and also realising that without them I had a striking resemblance to Ricky Martin.

I have not looked back.

:)

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

hahaha. that's not quite my experience with dreads. I can honestly say that both my relationships have pretty much started with the fact that I had dreads. and generally, girls seem to be very attracted to guys with dreads.

girls with dreads can be really hot, but they should have really neat dreads that are always kept clean and perfect. the rastafari-look doesn't fit girls imo.

and you can wash them just like you wash normal hair. just make sure you get all that shampoo out. and it'll be a pain in the ass waiting for them to dry up. a hairblower is not a good idea since it makes the dreads loosen up a lot.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: fireflyry on Feb 15, 2006, 02:15 AM
I did at first, but got used to it fast. now I just miss having them... I miss how it looks and I miss what it represents, haha. but I'm getting new dreads soon enough.

a.A pain in the ass

b.Hot

c.Itchy

d.Automatically entitled people to label me a rasta which unfortunatley in NZ atypically represents the sterotype of being being a broke ass bum.Although I had a girlfriend for 3 of the 4 years I found, once single, that females are'nt normally attracted to the stereotype of a broke ass bum and neither were potential employers.

Anyway I went out drinking one night and woke up the next morning with a jar beside me, full of my snipped off dreads.Initial devastation and anger towards the culprits (my still drunken friends) was soon replaced by the euphoria of shortly afterwards finding a job, a new girlfriend and also realising that without them I had a striking resemblance to Ricky Martin.

I have not looked back.

:D hahaha!

Assassin

Quote from: fireflyry on Feb 15, 2006, 02:15 AM

a.A pain in the ass

b.Hot

c.Itchy

I have not looked back.

Dreadlocks: A Voyage Of Discovery. Directed by Steven Spielberg.

Nice story fireflyry - upped. 8)

Except for the Ricky Martin part. :P

fireflyry

Jeff Buckley....nice one.

hydroponic82

id get em since my hair is notty and thick enough already but im to lazy to do it. and i already get searched enough for drugs by police for the way i look.

"i dont nee that shitt in my life mane"

Assassin

Quote from: aenemic on Feb 15, 2006, 02:19 AM
hahaha. that's not quite my experience with dreads. I can honestly say that both my relationships have pretty much started with the fact that I had dreads. and generally, girls seem to be very attracted to guys with dreads.

girls with dreads can be really hot, but they should have really neat dreads that are always kept clean and perfect. the rastafari-look doesn't fit girls imo.

and you can wash them just like you wash normal hair. just make sure you get all that shampoo out. and it'll be a pain in the ass waiting for them to dry up. a hairblower is not a good idea since it makes the dreads loosen up a lot.

I like guys with dreads, but I once saw a guy on a bus who had cat hair matted into his. That wasn't a good look.

fireflyry

Quote from: Assassin on Feb 15, 2006, 02:21 AM

Trust me the ladies LOVE it and I do a mean reindition of Living La Vida Loca....

Anyway.....

...kung fu karma kick for you.....heeeya!!!

Assassin

Quote from: hydroponic82 on Feb 15, 2006, 02:22 AM
id get em since my hair is notty and thick enough already but im to lazy to do it. and i already get searched enough for drugs by police for the way i look.
[/img]

Hahaha. Well once your probation is over you should get them, they look hot. ;) And maybe lay off the weed for a while.

Assassin

Quote from: fireflyry on Feb 15, 2006, 02:24 AM
Quote from: Assassin on Feb 15, 2006, 02:21 AM

Trust me the ladies LOVE it and I do a mean reindition of Living La Vida Loca....

Anyway.....

...kung fu karma kick for you.....heeeya!!!

Hahaha, I'm sure. Maybe one day you can hook us up with a video of your 'rendition'.

Thanks for the karma!

hydroponic82

id give assassin and ry 1 Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllooooon karma donkey punches if i could.

TheProzacFairy

What about Dirty Sanchez?  :P

Assassin

Quote from: hydroponic82 on Feb 15, 2006, 02:29 AM
id give assassin and ry 1 Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllooooon karma donkey punches if i could.

:D

And I've give you the same number if I could too... damn 5 hour time limit...

fireflyry

Quote from: hydroponic82 on Feb 15, 2006, 02:29 AM

Your making me randy....stop it....

Assassin

Oh God. I feel a rendition of 'Livin' La Vida Loca' coming on. Control yourself fireflyry - for the sake of the children! Think of the poor children!

fireflyry

Quote from: Assassin on Feb 15, 2006, 02:41 AM
Oh God. I feel a rendition of 'Livin' La Vida Loca' coming on. Control yourself fireflyry - for the sake of the children! Think of the poor children!

Self....control....fading.....hips.....gyrating of.......their own.......accord......

Oh...here comes my boss better go.

Consider yourselves lucky...or unlucky.....ciao!

Assassin

Hahaha.

I'll go with lucky.

Ciao!

hydroponic82

"im sittin on a gold mine!"

Assassin

Is that your next-door neighbour?