Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Interesting stuff right here.  I have no doubt there will be more songs...

http://thekingoflimbspart2.blogspot.com/

Jerry_Curls

Been listening to TKOL as I go to sleep, this is when I really listen to music. Anyways, I love the stark contrast in sound/production between In Rainbows and TKOL. IR is live soundings, they're in your room playing for you and only you, you can hear every instrument, everything is leveled, loud and lush at the same time. On TKOL, it's more of an experience. Layering of vocals, some instruments fade out then fade back in, they're in the forest jamming out, not so much guitar, more groovy bass and non-stop drumming, romantic. I can't wait to hear these songs live.

Feral is my favorite song because it really doesn't go anywhere and is more of an experiment of sound.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

mr.sinister

Yeah how to disappear completely is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.

But back on the new one. morning mr magpie is my favorite right now.

Fireal1222

seperator would have to be my fav track

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Just got done with OK Computer.

Great album, but I was surprised by how "easy" it was to listen to...at least compared to Kid A, Amnesiac and The King of Limbs. So far In Rainbows is probably my favorite.

Best song on the album: Let Down

theis

Starz

Quote from: theis on Feb 23, 2011, 10:46 PM

that's my favourite song on there too

Slacker

Great album, but I was surprised by how "easy" it was to listen to...at least compared to Kid A, Amnesiac and The King of Limbs. So far In Rainbows is probably my favorite.

i would respect that.

the accesibility of ok computer its a 90's classic.

White Wrist

brilliant yorke in slayer! AHHAHAH

Corleone

Haha it's easy to listen to because it's so good. I think you'll find the same with the bends, maybe.

Slacker

not directly related but, two years ago what happend at 04:30 on... can only be described as magical. be a part of it

Radiohead - Paranoid Android (Live in Chile 2009) [SOUNDBOARD]

Jerry_Curls

hahahaha @ the breakdown, everyone looks and sounds like zombies!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

from_musings

Quote from: Corleone on Feb 22, 2011, 01:17 AM
Going backwards with this band is a trip, because 'the bends' is so different, but still sooo radiohead. Love that album

yes trippy. but if someone else wants to do a similiar radiohead trip, please start from the first and continue to the last record.. that way you will travel and evolve with radiohead

Crazylegs

You could also just skip the first two

from_musings

hehe well personally, I'm not digging the first two records (rather bland records with little to discover i think) but for the journey's sake,i think the two should be in there.not all trips are sliding down hills...a trip can also have a part when you wander through swamps. that way you would appreciate the good parts even more + that "traveler" can be even more fascinated by radiohead as a band when he see the twists and turns they took as a band. kid is great itself but i think it's even more amazing looking back on pablo honey n bends

Corleone

you people are fucking crazy, there is so much to 'the bends', you're just not listening.

great lyrics, great song progression.. :( Maybe try it while driving

theis

The King of Limbs is a great album overall, but those last 4 songs REALLY hits the spot. They're just beautiful.

bright lights, big city

so is the consensus here that Pablo Honey sucks? shame.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

It's so unbelievably not interesting.

mr.sinister

Yeah Pablo Honey only has a few good tracks the rest are just bland rock songs. So your not missing much if you ignore this album.

The Bends is a great record though. Lots of really great stuff in there. Street Spirit, Just And Fake Plastic Trees to name a few.