Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

i only trust myself when it comes to listening to a certain cd.

raynor

ok so i've listened to the eraser 3 times now and i'm not feeling it. cymbal rush is my favourite.

Fireal1222

i like every song on the eraser and i think it flows perfectly

the only song i dont like is the first half of, it rained all night

all that click click clack bullshit is just dumb

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

manic_bastard

eh, its an alright album. i was hoping for an acoustic album of some sort. i enjoy The Clock a lot.

Fireal1222

i was hoping for something just like this.. i really like how it has an amnesiac like feel to it

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Muempire

If you were hoping for acoustic from Thom its a lost cause lol i cant count the amount of interviews ive heard him say "id love to make a dance record". So the eraser being a majorly electronic record didnt suprise me one bit
aka. TeamTones

Fireal1222

if they do play acoustic its not gonna be "the bends" type of acoustic your looking for.

listen to, go to sleep, on hail to the thief.. its acoustic, yet its just completely brilliant and doesnt sound remotely human.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Love "Go to Sleep". "Over my dead body ... ".

Well, the entire album is ace to me. My fave song must be "We suck young Blood". Followed closely by "Sail to the Moon".

Oldnewtype

I just burned and played The Eraser yeseterday ad  I have to say....wow.

I wasn't feeling it at first but after about the first two tracks I started loving it, mostly the lyrics. HTTT has also been growing and growing more roots in my cd player.

Phoenix

I had stopped listening to Radiohead. But now with all the things hapenning, I found myself rediscovering every album. And watching live performances, they are albsolutly the best band in the world!
Listen to my music at

manic_bastard

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 08, 2006, 03:52 AM
if they do play acoustic its not gonna be "the bends" type of acoustic your looking for.

listen to, go to sleep, on hail to the thief.. its acoustic, yet its just completely brilliant and doesnt sound remotely human.

yeeah that would of been good still. i guess they've evolved so much from their earlier sound. i remember listening to this Thom and Jonny acoustic set and they sounded amazing. very surreal

Thom is such a good songwriter though. Gagging Order, I Froze Up, Good Morning Mr.Magpie. if he made a solo album full of those type of songs, it'd be insane.

MyRibItsBroke

i'm gonna put it out there-
everything in its right place is the best song to listen to high.

no name cola

yeah, thats a really dancey song when youre high.
its the constant bass beats that does that.

MyRibItsBroke

or those little "chickadamona" guys

it sounds like they're in the car with you

Fireal1222

Quote from: MyRibItsBroke on Jun 08, 2006, 03:35 PM

fuck no, sit down stand up

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Muempire

Does listening to Lucky remind anyone else of listening to Pink Floyd ?
aka. TeamTones

Fireal1222

subterranean homesick alien reminds me of pink floyd

lucky is an amazing song

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: manic_bastard on Jun 08, 2006, 02:36 PM
i remember listening to this Thom and Jonny acoustic set and they sounded amazing. very surreal
You guys can get that show Here

sleeptraveler

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 08, 2006, 10:40 PM
Quote from: MyRibItsBroke on Jun 08, 2006, 03:35 PM

fuck no, sit down stand up

The live version maybe.

Depends on the drug but...kid a, amnesiac-era B-sides will send you into another universe.

Fireal1222

the end of everything in its right place live.. they sometimes have this crazy computer voice of thom (the voice is saying, there are two colors in my head), that johnny keeps looping and looping and it sounds insane, you can actually hear the people in the crowd who are on on lsd begging to be let out

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.