Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

what do u guys think of it?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

jbmp1390

I love Radiohead, but I'm still a little annoyed by the way they ripped off The Beatles on Karma Police.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

no name cola

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 31, 2006, 04:26 PM
what do u guys think of it?
its really good after many listens, but its definately a grower. i didnt find it mind-blowing on first listen.

and its pretty poppy... not too much like Radiohead at all.

black coffee

it is really reduced music, electronical, poppy, these words would fit pretty well. not the easiest listen you can get, especially not for the first time, but i am getting into it slowly. at least when it comes to the usage of electronics/effects and maybe also the piano, you get the feeling that it sounds a bit like radiohead here and there, but not all of the time.

Fireal1222

i must admit.. i usually wait for albums to be released before i listened, but i burned the cd already and plan on listening in a few hours

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

sleeptraveler

I can *gasp* wait until July. 

raynor

am i missing something here? has it leaked?!

black coffee

no, not the radiohead album.

it's thom yorke's solo output. you should get it ray.

Fireal1222

i just listened to the eraser for the first time

it was fucking amazing... it was exactly what i had hoped for.

favorite song on first listen was, skip divided

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Phoenix

Thom Yorke solo album is really fantastic, I was kinda hoping for something rather small to listen for a week, but this is just great!

Harrowdown Hill was my favorite on first listen.
Listen to my music at

no name cola

my favorite is the eraser right now.

black coffee

favorite tracks so far are the eraser, the clock, harrowdown hill and black swan.

Fireal1222

the whole thing is good to be honest... i love the way the piano turns all haunting midway through the eraser

this album is absolutely brilliant i must admit. but it will probably grow old after some time.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Eraser is a pretty good album. Not mindblowing, and the fact that he sings "this is fucked up" turns my off, i like more subtle lyrics / poetry. I listen to a lot of electronica, and this is very minimalistic. I prefer a soundscape with a bigger variety of sounds, rythms and noises, so this seemed kinda easy to listen to. however, his vocal is amazing. I fucking love it. It sounds so beautiful. This music really fits it.

My favorite song is The Clock. The Eraser being second. Followed by Cymbal Rush.

Overall a pretty great album.

I must admit i prefer him in Radiohead. :) Hehe

black coffee

i thought the line where he sings "this is fucked up. fucked up" is pretty cool actually.

Corleone

Some of it is alright, when I heard about a solo album though my first thought was "acoustic?", but that wish didnt come true.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jun 01, 2006, 04:19 PM
Eraser is a pretty good album. Not mindblowing, and the fact that he sings "this is fucked up" turns my off, i like more subtle lyrics / poetry. I listen to a lot of electronica, and this is very minimalistic. I prefer a soundscape with a bigger variety of sounds, rythms and noises, so this seemed kinda easy to listen to. however, his vocal is amazing. I fucking love it. It sounds so beautiful. This music really fits it.

My favorite song is The Clock. The Eraser being second. Followed by Cymbal Rush.

Overall a pretty great album.

I must admit i prefer him in Radiohead. :) Hehe

the album is exactly what i expected. its like a raw version of radiohead. nothing added to give that dreamy soundscape you think of..

this album gives me an amensiac type of feel. but like a demo version

i really think this album is great. and each song was perfect in length, except i wish skip divided was longer

favorites are

skip divided

the eraser

analyze

fuck it, i like every song

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 01, 2006, 07:02 PM
i really think this album is great. and each song was perfect in length, except i wish skip divided was longer
Good for you, Jarad. Glad you like it. I like it too, but, in terms of electronica he is by far surpassed by other artists such as: Xiu Xiu, Efterklang, Khonnor.
But, my God, his voice ... Amazing. He is by far my favorite vocalist. I can just listen to Eraser and get lost in the vocals.

The album reminds me more of songs like The Gloaming and parts of Backdrifts. In terms of the speed of the electronic beats and the more minimalistic expression.

I just got back from lying on my bed listening to Hail to the Thief, that album is so fucking amazing. I can't express it much clearer ! listening to Amnesiac now. Woah ...

Fireal1222

well if people like the sound of garbage being peed on by a homeless man. then id recommend xiu xiu to anyone

personally, i think "air" blow all of your "electronic" bands out of the water

for anybody who refutes listen to

air - run

(no name cola) > everyone

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Are we a little touchy today? I would take Efterklang, Xiu Xiu and Khonnor over Air any day. And i had expected more of you than to deny the talent and amazing music of Xiu Xiu.