Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

I'm gonna hear half these when I fucking see them anyway

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 11, 2006, 04:34 AM
but then again, thom said he doesnt even know how they are gonna be able to play some of the new songs live, so they must be complicated and complex
Sounds great ! Please don't let it be an OK Computer 2, please, please, please !

Corleone

I hope its less beat driven, HTTT only had a couple good tracks IMO.

sleeptraveler

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 11, 2006, 04:34 AM
dude you guys are so dumb for ruining the album when it actually comes out.. most of you have already heard some of the deftones cd as well

You do know Radiohead is known for roadtesting new material which inevitably changes between touring and studio?

Fireal1222

Quote from: Corleone on May 11, 2006, 04:11 PM
HTTT only had a couple good tracks IMO.

you should go to radioshack and buy new ears

hail to the thief is everything i could have dreamed of in a new album. it would be mind boggling if there new album surpasses it

can people describe me there obsession with Kid A. its not nearly my favorite radiohead album, yet everyone loves it.. some of my favorite tracks are on it, but its not my fav. record

oh and paint your lips, you must be nuts to think radiohead can still create anything remotely close to ok computer.. they have changed into a completely different band,  i doubt they are even gonna use many guitars on this record, but im probably wrong

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

sleeptraveler

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 11, 2006, 07:20 PMcan people describe me there obsession with Kid A. its not nearly my favorite radiohead album, yet everyone loves it.. some of my favorite tracks are on it, but its not my fav. record

I guess you would have to had been following their career from Pablo Honey to fully appreciate that masterpiece.  It was the next evolution in their sound that everyone was expecting, but had no real idea exactly how it would come out.

That was a real exciting time to be a Radiohead fan, and I miss those days of hearing early live versions of "How to disappear completely and never be found" and "National anthem" and putting my ear up to the computer speakers to hear the first stream of Kid A while my dad watched the tube in the other room.

Everything about that album is genius.  How it came about, the anticipation leading up to it's release, the artwork, of course the music itself, and the tour...

Brilliant times man.  The best memories.  Can't be described really.

Corleone

They said in an interview that this one will be more like OK computer. Which I think is their most complete album they have put out, followed by the bends.

which really gives me hope and so do these live recordings.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Corleone on May 12, 2006, 02:58 AM
They said in an interview that this one will be more like OK computer. Which I think is their most complete album they have put out, followed by the bends.

which really gives me hope and so do these live recordings.

nah man, they said lyrically its as horrifying as ok computer, didnt say it would osund like it

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Jarad, i just meant that i don't hope it will be as mainstream-ish as OK. I love HTTT just as much as you do, i love the diversity of that album so much. And i hope they keep it that way.

Oldnewtype

when are you all going to stop judging the future by the past, it doesn't really work that way.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 13, 2006, 07:45 PM
when are you all going to stop judging the future by the past, it doesn't really work that way.
The day i stop caring about music and have got no expectations left in my bones and all the blood stiffens in my body and my heart stops pounding.

Oldnewtype

I'm not telling you to deny your expectations at all, I'm telling you not to base you're judgement on new materials by what they've already done. I thought I explained it in the Tool thread haha. Radiohead is also a band that constantly changes.

Paint Your Lips

Because all we have to base or expectations on are what they have done in the past.

But .. Alright ... I think the new album will be some sort of 68 minute tribal drum session. (just messing with ya Cory ;))

Azwethinkweiz

Someone tell me why Radiohead are so fascinating? This is a serious question and i'm not trying to act like a dick.

I just find them quite boring and Yorkes voice does nothing for me at all.

yeah...

Paint Your Lips

If you have heard either Pyramid song or Sail to the Moon, and you still haven't fallen in love with his vocals ... Then there's no hope for you. The way he uses the high notes are sublime. I love it when he does that.

Azwethinkweiz

Haven't heard those songs. I'll give them a try then.

raynor

http://www.glennlindberg.se/feb.mp3 <- this song really explains what i love about them

Fireal1222

radiohead when you first listen to them may not do much for you

they dont have anything in there songs that catches you right away

but after time you listen to the songs and it seems to click

listen to the drumming and bass playing in, Where I End and You Begin

if it doesnt click, then just keep listening until it does

my fascination with radiohead, is that i can put on any of there songs, and be taken back to a moment in my life, there album can make me feel so inspired, or it can make me feel totally depressed. i love them in every way, and the first question i seem to ask people anymore is, do u smoke weed, or, do u like radiohead

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Muempire

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 15, 2006, 01:15 AM

my fascination with radiohead, is that i can put on any of there songs, and be taken back to a moment in my life, there album can make me feel so inspired, or it can make me feel totally depressed.

Thats exactly the same for me. Whatever i was going through at the time of first listening to each of there albums, i relive it all over again which hasnt happened to me with any band albums.
aka. TeamTones

no name cola

so, Thom Yorkes solo album, The Eraser is going to be released in the US on July 11th.

should be cool shit.

http://www.theeraser.net