Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sigur Ros

Started by KingCrimson, Apr 05, 2006, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

this video at their website was just posted on facebook. http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/

No idea what the hell it is, but it must mean something new is coming out. Looks like it could be another DVD.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Hmm, i'm intrigued.

bright lights, big city

Either way, in the last 4 hours it's gotten me back into a major Sigur Ros kick.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

DERP

bright lights, big city

new album, Valtari, out May 28!!!

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/
DERP

Crazylegs

Crazylegs

Anyone heard the new ep. I like it after the first listen.

bright lights, big city

definitely a new direction, but I like it too. I'm impressed they're releasing another album so soon after Valtari and becoming a 3-piece.
DERP

Crazylegs

yeah i hadn't even heard of it before i downloaded it yesterday. Sounds like som Tim Hecker'ish shit at times.

lostpilot

Crazylegs

Zantera

Really excited for their new album. Seeing them in November.

Crazylegs

Loving the new album after the first listen. How about you guys?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jun 13, 2013, 04:10 PM
Loving the new album after the first listen. How about you guys?
Yeah I'm really enjoying it, I think the instrumentals have a bit more weight to them on this album then previous albums, sometimes in the past the instrumentals had a tendency to be really quiet almost like they were afraid to ruin the ambience, but on this album they are really big and epic sounding I think it works to they have managed to do it so it sounds really atmospheric but at the same time they don't overwhelm the soft vocals. Alot of their past stuff would sort of lose my attention after a while because it was so fragile and ambient,even though it was beautiful it had a habit of becoming white noise to me, but the new stuff really pulled me in and grabbed my attention through the whole album.

Zantera

Their best since Takk for me, I'm really loving it.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jun 14, 2013, 01:11 AM
Quote from: Zantera on Jun 14, 2013, 12:34 AM
Their best since Takk
totally agree.
i'm with you both. kind of has a more epic sound to it compared to valtari and the previous couple albums, i love it.
DERP

pinkmaggit69

The title track is heavy as fuck (for Sigur Ros).  Love it!

Drinks won't stain this birth!