Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Grand Theft Auto IV

Started by jbmp1390, Jun 11, 2006, 09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

That physics engine is awesome in the fact that it has AI that reads the physics and reacts to it. So it's like a ragdoll with a mind that can think for itself. It doesn't want to fall over.

Check it out.

Mike21

Yeah, I noticed that in the video.  I thought it was player controlled though.  Physics like this will not only make games like GTA more awesome, it'll also help sports games massively.

Can't wait for GTA4 anyway.  Gonna be some good shit.

Corleone

cool video, can't wait for the trailor

cyppe101

Subliminal

Quote from: You Fail Me on Mar 11, 2007, 01:33 AM
GTA 4 is going to use the Euphoria physics engine...which means HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKphYfUk-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3fgj2x1aI
Oh, and one more thing...we can confirm that all footage in the trailer Things Will Be Different was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real-time in Rockstar's RAGE engine on a next-gen gaming console.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4509/Things-Will-Be-Different-QT/

Well there it is, The trailer, I must say, It looks fuckin' amazing.

Very nice looking game so far and it's based in New York!!! whooo!!

Let the media coverage begin.

Moz La Punk

No, its based in Liberty City (same city as GTA3) which is a parody on NYC. So its basically NYC, yes, but still Liberty City.

Great graphics, great space, great main character. Can't wait.

Subliminal

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Mar 29, 2007, 11:26 PM
No, its based in Liberty City (same city as GTA3) which is a parody on NYC. So its basically NYC, yes, but still Liberty City.

Well no shit man.

But i'm talking about Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, all that shit, So it's based in New York yes..but could be Liberty City gamewise. I really doubt any of the places in Liberty City from GTA3 will show up.

There's an obvious debate over where the GTA IV trailer shows the game will play out: The distinct NYC landmarks are too hard to ignore, but there isn't a clear sign that that's where Rockstar Games has set it—it could be a fictionalized New York, as hinted by the real MetLife building being portrayed in the video as the "GetaLife" building.
When we asked Rockstar Games for a clarification, a spokesman told TeamXbox: "We would like to let the trailer speak for itself. However, we can confirm that all footage in the trailer "Things Will Be Different" was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real-time in our RAGE engine on a next-gen gaming console."

Gaz

Wow, amazing graphics!, I can't wait for this game!

Corleone

Quote from: Gaz on Mar 29, 2007, 11:44 PM
Wow, amazing graphics!, I can't wait for this game!

yeah i cant wait to hear more about it!

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Wowowowowowowwoooooooooowwwwwwwww!

Mike21

I want to masturbate with the GTA4 disk.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 29, 2007, 11:44 PM

Well no shit man.

But i'm talking about Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, all that shit, So it's based in New York yes..but could be Liberty City gamewise. I really doubt any of the places in Liberty City from GTA3 will show up.

There's an obvious debate over where the GTA IV trailer shows the game will play out: The distinct NYC landmarks are too hard to ignore, but there isn't a clear sign that that's where Rockstar Games has set it—it could be a fictionalized New York, as hinted by the real MetLife building being portrayed in the video as the "GetaLife" building.
When we asked Rockstar Games for a clarification, a spokesman told TeamXbox: "We would like to let the trailer speak for itself. However, we can confirm that all footage in the trailer "Things Will Be Different" was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real-time in our RAGE engine on a next-gen gaming console."

Yeah, but obviously they will make it Liberty City (you can see the name pop up tons of times  in the trailer) to ensure they dont have to remake NYC to the smallest detail.

Mike21

What they should have done is try to have leased the PGR3 engine from Bizarre Creations.  Although the game looks quite good, it doesn't look amazing graphically.

Moz La Punk

I do think it looks amazing, especially if you count in the usual freedom you mostly have in GTA games.

cyppe101

Looks better than I thought it would, definetly a must have..

Mike21

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Mar 30, 2007, 10:01 AM
I do think it looks amazing, especially if you count in the usual freedom you mostly have in GTA games.

I have a tendency to nitpick over graphics in games.  I spotted quite a few low resolution textures, and the pedestrians weren't very detailed.  Yes Yes, it's being very petty, I know.  But like you said, with the amount of freedom in the game along with the size of the game, this can be forgiven.

Mike21

Quote from: cyppe101 on Mar 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
Looks better than I thought it would, definetly a must have..

Agreed, it looks MILES better than I thought it would.  The PS2 games were ugly, this time the game looks good.

Subliminal

Quote from: Mike21 on Mar 30, 2007, 11:14 AM

I have a tendency to nitpick over graphics in games.  I spotted quite a few low resolution textures, and the pedestrians weren't very detailed.  Yes Yes, it's being very petty, I know.  But like you said, with the amount of freedom in the game along with the size of the game, this can be forgiven.

Yeah, GTA has never ever been about the good graphics, But now it looks stunning!

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Mar 30, 2007, 09:04 AM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 29, 2007, 11:44 PM

Well no shit man.

Yeah, but obviously they will make it Liberty City (you can see the name pop up tons of times  in the trailer) to ensure they dont have to remake NYC to the smallest detail.

It looks like they did.

Mike21

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 30, 2007, 03:48 PM
Quote from: Mike21 on Mar 30, 2007, 11:14 AM

Yeah, GTA has never ever been about the good graphics, But now it looks stunning!

I agree.  San Andreas is an awesome game, but looks pretty fucking horrible.  I think this is a good looking game for sure, just not "wow" good.  I was expecting a lot worse graphically.  I can't wait for this game to come out.