Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Grand Theft Auto IV

Started by jbmp1390, Jun 11, 2006, 09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subliminal

Yeah obviously based in New York. Whether it's called Liberty City or if every corner of NYC is covered is another matter.

But it's not impossible.

Fireal1222

cant wait for this game. seriously, can not wait

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ToneDef

Doesn't look as though they've pushed the envelope too far this time. It'll be a fun game no doubt, but I was expecting a re-invention.

Mike21

Trav, they haven't shown any gameplay yet, mate. ;)

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Mike21 on Mar 31, 2007, 08:06 AM
Haha

Anyways, if that's the character we're playing... Then i'm a bit disapointed. He looks like a menapaused old mexican? They could've atleast make him younger and a better dresser. :)

Crazylegs

he's russian. Listen to the accent man

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Crazylegs on Mar 31, 2007, 08:51 PM
he's russian. Listen to the accent man
I am hoping for a in depth Create-your-own-character option. :)

ToneDef

Haha, I kno man. But I mean look at it.. It's just GTA. This is next generation gaming man, I was expecting Rockstar to change it up again.. Do something different.

It just looks like GTA with slightly better graphics. I know if it ain't broke don't fix it and that, but I guess I was expecting more. Let's hope the gameplay has taking a dramatic turn and it ain't just do this mission, do that mission.. Oh and now this mission.

cyppe101

Quote from: ToneDef on Mar 31, 2007, 11:46 PM
it ain't just do this mission, do that mission.. Oh and now this mission.
Yes please, unless they make it feel as fresh it was during GTA3..

ToneDef

Exactly.. The top down look went on for a few games, then GTA III changed it up for the next few games. Now's the time to give it a kick up the arse again.. Hopefully it's in the gameplay.

Mike21

Quote from: ToneDef on Mar 31, 2007, 11:46 PM

Haha, I kno man. But I mean look at it.. It's just GTA. This is next generation gaming man, I was expecting Rockstar to change it up again.. Do something different.

It just looks like GTA with slightly better graphics. I know if it ain't broke don't fix it and that, but I guess I was expecting more. Let's hope the gameplay has taking a dramatic turn and it ain't just do this mission, do that mission.. Oh and now this mission.

Yes, it does actually from the looks of just the trailer.  I'm disappointed by the fact it's set in New York myself.  I wanted Tokyo. 

I hope they change the gameplay too.  I think it should have controls similar to GRAW, and an in-depth fighting system like Virtua Fighter.  That would be fucking awesome.

Subliminal

Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas changed everything interms of Sandbox gaming. Infact, all GTA's always do, So don't be dissapointed by a flimsy trailer..this happens everytime.

So no doubt they will do it again, Despite what the game looks like, It's never been about how the game looks, Ever.

If they did worry about how it looked all the time, It would probably be a shit game with good graphics! I'm actually grateful for how it looks because it's never looked so good before.

Look at Driv3r and the graphics on that, GTA could of went that direction but they didn't because it would mean they didn't focus on gameplay, which is why Driv3r is shit.

The only thing i'm kinda dissapointed at is the fact that it's set in NYC (or Liberty City for all you tight arse fucks) A whole new new city would have been alot more fun. But i spose everyone is finally getting their wish. I just hope the planes and the flying engine is still going to be in it.

Crazylegs

vice city owns old liberty city.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 02, 2007, 12:21 PM
vice city owns old liberty city.

Yep.

I know nobody wants to go running around in Seattle shooting people and throwing dudes off the space needle, but it would have been fun for me since I already know the city like the back of my hand.

Moz La Punk

They shouldve made this in Amsterdam :p

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Apr 06, 2007, 08:57 PM

there'll still be weed in it i'm sure...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Jesus Costelluccio

They should make one set in seatlle or like jamaica.
People just pretending - thats a let down
Undercover lover - thats my heart now
struggle just in living - thats the realm of
accept me as im not and thats a shitfit

Moz La Punk

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 06, 2007, 09:44 PM

Who cares, Id rather use it in real life than in a game. Its just that it would be a more original setting that differs greatly from the cities the usual GTA game is settled in.

BTW, Saints Row gave you the option to smoke weed. Didnt make any sense.

Gaz

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Apr 06, 2007, 09:53 PM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Apr 06, 2007, 09:44 PM

BTW, Saints Row gave you the option to smoke weed. Didnt make any sense.

lol, it was probably included for people who have never touched weed in real life to feel like they are gangsters or something, you know the type of people i'm talking about, they go on and on about weed and how good it is and have never smoked it themselves.