Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Makes fun of Fred Durst at Family Values Toronto Show? You Decide...

Started by NYGANG_EDDI, Aug 29, 2006, 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: Subliminal on Aug 29, 2006, 03:06 PM
Haha Chino rules.

Just like Stef said, He don't care what anyone says, Fred Durst copied Chino.

what a waste you are man. by saying that, you actually bash Chino; as if he ain't unique and you can just copy the guy.

by the way Fred sucked becuz of some lame lyrics and for being a sell-out.. that doesnt make his voice, melodys and especially the rest of Limp Bizkit bad. They sound nothing like Deftones. If you hear their music it's very obvious, so I guess some folks are talking shit without knowing shit.

DrGonzo

I remember downloading an mp3 of a certain somebody coming out to help the band on 7 Words a few years back.  Seems when LB was selling it was cool to be Fred's friend, but now it's cool to hate.  White Pony and Around The Fur are way better than anything Bizkit could ever write, but hating on Fred Durst in 2006?  Three years ago called, it wants it's trend back.

geriatrictones

Quote from: DrGonzo on Aug 29, 2006, 08:57 PM
I remember downloading an mp3 of a certain somebody coming out to help the band on 7 Words a few years back.  Seems when LB was selling it was cool to be Fred's friend, but now it's cool to hate.  White Pony and Around The Fur are way better than anything Bizkit could ever write, but hating on Fred Durst in 2006?  Three years ago called, it wants it's trend back.
I think it will just be the eternal trend of everyone at first loving, then despising white rappers. For example, Vanilla Ice, Fred Durst, Eminem. All except VI deserve respect for pushing the envelope. What I wouldn't give to see that kind of passion in music again.

DrGonzo

Fred can't rap, but the only people who have real reason to feud with him are Slipknot, Creed, Trent Reznor, and Richard Patrick.  He always spoke highly of Deftones, Tool (Maynard has taken shots at him on many occasions), Nine Inch Nails (Fred did make the song mocking Closer after the Starfuckers video so their feud was fairgame), Eminem (ripped him because of something Lethal said), Korn (Munky apologized for giving the world Limp Bizkit). 

Today I consider Tool and Pink Floyd (along with Deftones) to be my favorite bands, but in 2000 at the age of 13 I bought White Pony partly because Fred Durst was jocking the album and I thought rap metal was the shit back then.  Hell, he even wore a Worldwide Pony shirt at that infamous VMA performance with Christina Aguilera.  Nobody asked Chino to jock Limp Bizkit, but it seems he could avoid straight up bashing when Fred repeatedly lists Deftones amongst his favorite bands.  Quite frankly old LB was better than most the bands on Taste of Chaos.

beLIEve

fred makes 2 references to deftones on their albums

i wonder if he thinks hes tryin to help the tones out?

Frankz0r

Quote from: justaphase on Aug 29, 2006, 02:33 PM
hey u spelled his name wrong it's fred durst

;) thx

Quote from: beLIEve on Aug 29, 2006, 10:37 PM
fred makes 2 references to deftones on their albums

i wonder if he thinks hes tryin to help the tones out?

No he doesnt help. And maybe he thinks so...

Azwethinkweiz

i honestly hate every single limp bizkit song i've heard.

utter, utter shit.

tarkil

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 29, 2006, 10:46 PM

utter, utter shit.

Well everyone and their mother already know you didn't have any taste, so it's useless saying it again...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

flydarkpony

i have a very guilty soft spot for 'Eat You Alive'. not so much the verses (kinda dumb), but the rest of the song.  I actually listened to $3 before I had listened to any Deftones albums.  After I listened to Adrenaline I was like "Oh so this is what Fred was trying to do."  He fell a bit short of the mark.

The Captain

Chino will bash Fred one minute and talk about him like an old friend the next, I think he changes his mind on Fred more than Jon Davis.

Fred Durst mentioned B-Sides & Rarities being released on LB's site last year; whether you like him or not, he's a true fan and I think it's cool that he uses what little fame he has left to promote a band who has infulenced him personally and musically.

skinnypuppy

I personally don't think Chino was dissing on Fred with the original post, but I can't really judge since I wasn't there.

deathblow

chino owns the fuck out of fred durst.  its like comparing a brick of platinum to a pile of horse shit....

dangerass

It sounds like he put on a red basball cap and made fun of wiggers.

stoneFeD

i remember seeing chino at that party fred had on mtv for chocolate starfish and hot dog flav. water....i belive thats the album he was promoting...but he was only infront of the camera for a sec then he bailed

bloody_liver

it's sad that fred gets disrespected the way he does especially from chino because he's always been vocal about his admiration of the deftones ....

"Everlast for the tour on St. Patty's
Chino, man we had a blast with ya Deftones"

"This world can make you sick to your stomach so i
Put on my headphones, listen to the deftones"

the day b-sides and rarities was released if you were on limpbizkit.com you'd see a blog displayed on the main page saying how much fred loved the album and thought everyone should listen to it

deftool

utter, utter shit.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait??? being aswethinkweiz probably means u like incubus, another band with a possibly gay, definately a poser, singer

sphynx

Quote from: deftool on Aug 30, 2006, 12:44 AM

utter, utter shit.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait??? being aswethinkweiz probably means u like incubus, another band with a possibly gay, definately a poser, singer

LOL!!!

deftoolsys07

Quote from: deftool on Aug 30, 2006, 12:44 AM

utter, utter shit.

yeah.... uhh... i don't think so... brandon is a fucking great singer, and he's not gay. sorry.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

geriatrictones

Oh yeah, this is a little of the subject, but I was wondering if anyone knows if Chino is in the Counterfeit video. There's a dude playing cards in it that bears a striking resemblance. Sorry I don't have a link.

The Captain

Quote from: geriatrictones on Aug 30, 2006, 01:38 AM
Oh yeah, this is a little of the subject, but I was wondering if anyone knows if Chino is in the Counterfeit video. There's a dude playing cards in it that bears a striking resemblance. Sorry I don't have a link.
It's the Counterfeit remix video (there's a video for the original version), and yes, it's Chino.