Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino Makes fun of Fred Durst at Family Values Toronto Show? You Decide...

Started by NYGANG_EDDI, Aug 29, 2006, 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

333tone

Following the feud between Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit, in their 2000 song "Hot Dog" returned the lyrics of Closer, stating "You wanna fuck me like an animal/You'd like to burn from the inside." Ironically, this attempt at "bashing" Trent Reznor only forced them to give him a co-writing credit on the song for the usage of his lyrics, and therefore earning him money from sales and airplay. "Hot Dog" also mentioned "A nine inch nail/I'll get knocked the fuck out" and two NIN song-titles "A Perfect Drug" and "Closer".

haha, fred is a complete retard.

and writes TERRIBLE lyrics

Check!
Shut the fuck up! You shut the fuck up!
Who the fuck are you? Who the fuck are you? (I ain't nobody)
That's the question, the question at hand.
Oh, man, fuck this. Fuck this! (I ain't nobody)

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

geriatrictones

yeah you do have a point, but the worst has got to be "red light green light" with snoop dogg.

New Murderer

i dunno if i'd say chino was definitely making fun of fred by doing that, just because it happened to be a red hat thrown on stage... i mean he was already talking about gangstas so i wouldn't assume he suddenly decided to bash fred... unless i missed something here or read it wrong. that being said, chino has said things in the past so i wouldn't doubt it. and i'l admit, i like limp bizkit.

Hidalgo

i like the first 2 LB albums, though i haven't listened to them in 5 or 6 years. sig other was alright. maybe 2 songs for unquestionable truth were ok (mainly that "imagine excepting the truth" song. that's rockin)

these hopes fall

"Limp Bizkit is definitely a band that I think will be the Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin of this generation and that, 20 years down, people will be saying "Yeah, they were awesome!"

- Chino Moreno

and for the record, i still love limp and even if a band loses it and gets progressively worse (even though i thought the unquestionable truth was a good ep) especially with the changing of times and style, i can't deny how they were one of my favorite bands at one point along with the tones, korn and all those dudes, i miss the days where everyone was like a family and didn't talk so much shit.  Hate Fred or not or whatever it is, they've done some good stuff in their time.  If people can like Fall Out Boy, im not afraid to admit that when it comes up i'm still an LB fan at heart, i wont abandon a band that made me feel a certain way even if i DID grow out of some of the shit.

I love you Francesca

Infector

I'm going to put this simply for you all:

Limp Bizkit were good, they got worse.... and at this point are dead, but from what i have been reading they are coming out with something late 06 early 07 and are trying to strip themselves back to the basics. So maybe a change for the better.

I like limp bizkit, mainly their old stuff (Not Results may Vary, that just sucked), so not more hating ay? This is the deftones section, keep it on them.

And i'm not arguing with anyone who quotes me on this.

DefGuy

i liked LB when i was in high school... i still hear Breakstuff and Leech

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno

snw777

Quote from: these hopes fall on Sep 07, 2006, 12:12 AM
"Limp Bizkit is definitely a band that I think will be the Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin of this generation and that, 20 years down, people will be saying "Yeah, they were awesome!"

- Chino Moreno

Chino was wrong.

Inkblades

The thing with LB is that they were a decent band with a horrible singer.

Fireal1222

cmon. we all know chino is fred durst with a mask on

dolla dolla bill yall

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

- Chino Moreno

fuck i thought deftones were off heavy drugs

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ALightOn

Let it fucking go please...if Fred likes DefTones, let the motherfucker like DefTones...he sucks either way

kalhan

i'm guessing everyone read the little story and noone pointed this out: chino didn't really say anything about fred durst... only people who associaten him with a red baseball cap

Quote from: aenemic on Aug 29, 2006, 06:19 PM
I've always hated them but I've discovered a few pretty good songs here and there afterwards. I'm a bit ashamed to like those songs though...

liking songs and being ashamed of liking them... that's not a guilty pleasure, that's just closet denial

Timmy666

3 Dollar Bill is a sick fucking album. And they had some good songs from then on. There is way worse music on the radio waves nowadays for people to consistently bash Limp Bizkit and Durst.

nyquil addict

I think some of LB's music is great; but I can't get past Fred's arrogance. I wouldn't even mind the retarded lyrics if it wasn't for his self-grandizing.

kalhan

i missed the self-grandizing part... when did that happen?

and aren't some of fred durst's lyrics really good? or are you so headstrong you'll only notice the "retarded"?

deftonekid

Quote from: Timmy666 on Jan 11, 2009, 10:33 PM
3 Dollar Bill is a sick fucking album. And they had some good songs from then on. There is way worse music on the radio waves nowadays for people to consistently bash Limp Bizkit and Durst.
So true.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: snw777 on Feb 25, 2008, 09:58 PM

- Chino Moreno

Chino was wrong.

- no i guess he was talking about 3 dollars album......
- i agree with wes borland was the reason of lb

Quote from: ALightOn on Feb 27, 2008, 06:41 AM
Let it fucking go please...if Fred likes DefTones, let the motherfucker like DefTones...he sucks either way
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

VictorPL

i wont lie, lp (significant other) was the band that got me into rock in the first place. before that i was a strictly hip hop head. i still am with the exception of deftones, team sleep and nirvana. kind of weird.