Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypayton

white pony is 13 years old, they've been playing a majority of songs from that record every tour since then..i would say bury all the songs from that album and play more S/T and SNW....problem is the setlists are catered to all the new fans, so you get DE/KNY and all the singles...I await the tour that doesnt give a fuck about new fans and caters to the hardcore fan...but i think that tour happened in fall of 2004....and never again

samson simpson

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 20, 2013, 05:20 AM
Nosebleed's cool it's just the rap metalish stuff  like 7 word and Engine #9 that's been overdone ,those are my two least favourite adrenaline songs and I think alot of other people feel the same way about them it's like those are the two songs you grow out of on Adrenaline, the rest are timeless.

some of the best songs from Adrenaline and Around The Fur are full of the whole " rap metal " thing....
for more or less, most of their records that has been fan fav's that is the style the base of their fans like somewhat ( on record and live)..

WGTB ( which everyone creams over live) is just as rap/metal as 7 words
i hate that stigma with this band

but I agree that 7 words needs to be put down..cause when they play it ( except when they add the weezer cover) it seems they are just going through the motions..

jaypayton

random setlist from an october 2004 show

1. Hexagram
2. Feiticeira
3. Change (In the House of Flies)
4. My Own Summer (Shove It)
5. Bored
6. Birthmark
7. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
8. Damone
9. Lotion
10. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
11. Digital Bath
12. Minus Blindfold
13. 7 Words
14. Engine No. 9
15. Can't Even Breathe
16. Around the Fur
17. Minerva
18. Bloody Cape

DeftonesNZ

It's not that Chino kind of raps in those songs it's that it's just constant the whole time there's no cool melody in those songs they're are more one dimensional then their other work where Chino's rapping is only one element of the song not the whole thing and it also looks kind of stupid seeing a 40yr sing a song he wrote as a angry teen even he doesn't like it. Also I'm interested how is WGTB rap metal?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 20, 2013, 06:41 AM
random setlist from an october 2004 show

1. Hexagram
2. Feiticeira
3. Change (In the House of Flies)
4. My Own Summer (Shove It)
5. Bored
6. Birthmark
7. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
8. Damone
9. Lotion
10. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
11. Digital Bath
12. Minus Blindfold
13. 7 Words
14. Engine No. 9
15. Can't Even Breathe
16. Around the Fur
17. Minerva
18. Bloody Cape
Great set list but they only had like half of the albums they have now so there's not much room for covers and rarities which is a shame considering the quality of those other songs.

samson simpson

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 20, 2013, 06:47 AM
Also I'm interested how is WGTB rap metal?

hes rhyming to a beat with a heavy guitar over it until the chorus kicks?

lol man not saying its like 7 or birth but it has the same element just switched up ( IMO) shit birthmark has some pretty cool melodys and to me doesnt sound that "rap metalish " as you put it to me.

i see what youre saying though

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 20, 2013, 06:47 AM
and it also looks kind of stupid seeing a 40yr sing a song he wrote as a angry teen even he doesn't like it.

well a good % of Adrenaline is probably that...and to me it looks just as silly as doing some material off some other albums they do 

but hey..

samson simpson

ohh shit HIGH alert ..listening to birthmark and totally got your comment mixed with engine...lol

Danny Keyes

is it just me or do i hear chino's voice getting kinda "tired" in some of the new songs.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Feb 20, 2013, 08:45 AM
is it just me or do i hear chino's voice getting kinda "tired" in some of the new songs.
He's struggled to hit the high notes for a while now but apart from that he sounds good

TheShade1989

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 20, 2013, 06:38 AM
white pony is 13 years old, they've been playing a majority of songs from that record every tour since then..i would say bury all the songs from that album and play more S/T and SNW....problem is the setlists are catered to all the new fans, so you get DE/KNY and all the singles...I await the tour that doesnt give a fuck about new fans and caters to the hardcore fan...but i think that tour happened in fall of 2004....and never again

Being a new fan doesnt mean you're not a hardcore fan, just means you had the misfortune of not hearing of them until later on. Like myself, I love KNY, but my favorite albums are WP and ST, I've only been a fan for 3 or 4 yrs, but they're my favorite band of all, and I wish I'd heard of them earlier so that I coulda seen them live during other eras, heard songs they dont play much now.

Eh, I think part of it is that DE and KNY are their two newest albums so they get more play now, but also the other part is their mindset. They said that SNW songs remind them of bad times they dont wanna relive, I assume the same about ST too, so perhaps that has something to do with it. 7 Words really needs to go though, even Chino is sick of it.

slyartwork

Chino is ill, has pneumonia so that's why he has trouble singing all the high notes etc...
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

luisch

2013-02-19 - O2 Academy, Birmingham, UK

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Poltergeist
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Rosemary
Rocket Skates
CMND/CTRL
Sextape
Feiticeira
Passenger
Entombed
Tempest
Swerve City
Dai the Flu (dedicated to Chi Cheng)
Headup
Rivière [Full outro played for the first time]
Change (In the House of Flies)
Bloody Cape

Encore

Engine No. 9
7 Words
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

slyartwork

Wow, thanks for this post. This must go on now Ves stopped doing this for us.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

DJR

Im currently uploading my footage of Diamond Eyes from Manchester to youtube, will post when uploaded.
Anything off DE is probably my least favourite, hence i didnt mind not dancing to those tracks and filming instead.
Not great quality, but i thought id share. Gimme about an hour haha

Martin

Quote from: WithoutMyJade on Feb 19, 2013, 08:05 PM
Quote from: Martin on Feb 19, 2013, 08:13 AM
Quote from: WithoutMyJade on Feb 19, 2013, 03:40 AM
In my top 10 albums, Worship and tribute stacks up to #6 I'd say:

Deftones - Around the Fur
Dredg - El Cielo
Letlive. - Fake History
Tool - Lateralus
Earthtone9 - Arc'Tan'Gent
Glassjaw - W&T

For something completely different; awesome choice! Not people are aware of this great band and great record. Are you in (pledged) for their new record 'IV'?

Thanks man. Imported from the UK to my local record store over a decade ago and have been listening to them since. Such an incredible disc.

Have NOT actually pledged yet. I should do that.

You're welcome! Incredible album indeed.
And, from what I hear from the new disc, it's going to be a whole new level (https://soundcloud.com/earthtone9/march-of-the-yeti for instance, loads of clips on the pledgepage).

DJR

nineteen

Quote from: luisch on Feb 20, 2013, 03:30 PM
2013-02-19 - O2 Academy, Birmingham, UK

Setlist:

Diamond Eyes
Poltergeist
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Rosemary
Rocket Skates
CMND/CTRL
Sextape
Feiticeira
Passenger
Entombed
Tempest
Swerve City
Dai the Flu (dedicated to Chi Cheng)
Headup
Change (In the House of Flies)
Bloody Cape

Encore

Engine No. 9
7 Words

They're getting a lot of flack on here these days. Seriously, that set list is fucking great!

ishootgigs

luisch

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 20, 2013, 03:36 PM
Wow, thanks for this post. This must go on now Ves stopped doing this for us.

Your welcome, I'll try to do my best. Ves asked me if I can do it and well, here we go.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DJR