Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Album nine

LG95 · 437 · 75798

Offline RaptureWS

• Passenger
I tuned in to almost every live stream for the first few weeks, but I've been back at work for a while now. Any sliver of news helps keep me satiated and hopefully. I am really, really curious to know what was said that  made  Ves say it was "imminent". I know it's not the album of course, but a new song? Album title/artwork? If someone could be kind enough to PM me what I've missed, I would appreciate it more than you know. You have my word that I'll keep it to myself. Life just kind of sucks right now and any reason to be hopeful about anything regarding the new album would bring me a lot of joy. Thanks guys.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Offline kurtone

• Passenger
Summer tour is officially postponed.

Offline mono

• Passenger
  • scl
    • Deftones Latino
Summer tour is officially postponed.

Right...at least they shared some information. Probably we will have the new dates near the end of may.

Offline ponyx

• Teenager
  • you're so sweet, your smile...
    • My tumblr
I kinda wish I wouldn’t read all this so I can live life and let the days fly by and be surprised by a new song or the album. But I cant stay away.
nightsofviolence.tumblr.com

Offline Matthewtheloser

• n00b
I kinda wish I wouldn’t read all this so I can live life and let the days fly by and be surprised by a new song or the album. But I cant stay away.
Yeah, us Deftones die hards really torture ourselves every new album cycle by constantly checking in here just to be met with no new updates lol. I remember shortly before Gore dropped, someone had some leaks from a vinyl rip and they were DM’ing them to people here. The leak wasn’t even reported on hasitleaked yet, so we were first grabs for leaks as far as I could tell. So I just keep checking in hopes that I am here if something like that happens again. I’m just waiting for that day I come on and the page number on this thread has spiked haha
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:46 PM by Matthewtheloser »

Offline Vesanic

• Never had the makings of a varsity athlete
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • I can't believe I ate the whole thing
    • DeftonesLive YouTube channel
I repeat:

Do not post on here anything you may have heard from the members' personal stream pages. They're easy to find if you want to set notifications and check out their stuff when they're on. Just don't echo on here what they said on there.
DEFTONESLIVE: the Deftones footage archive
http://www.youtube.com/c/DeftonesLiveChannel

Offline sharinglungs

• Passenger
I wonder when we can start talking about the new album, in the new album thread?

Offline Penicks

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
you don't get it man

the band is gonna get house arrest and no dessert after dinner and the fbi will execute us together will julian assange

Offline sharinglungs

• Passenger
you don't get it man

the band is gonna get house arrest and no dessert after dinner and the fbi will execute us together will julian assange

Offline Vesanic

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
I wonder when we can start talking about the new album, in the new album thread?

Chino asked on his mixlr to not spread what he said/shared on there. You may think what you want about it, that was his request anyway. Whatever other info that's leaked or been published is okay to discuss here.

Offline DeftonesNZ

• Elite
It sucks those streams can't be more casual, I miss most of them now but it's always a cool opportunity to discover new music. Some people can't help but fanboy out and  they make it really weird, they just start spamming "I love you Chino" or asking if every  unknown song was new Deftones, Must be exhausting for them.

It feels weird to even try talk to them on a personal level like that, we're still strangers at the end of the day. I just like their music and want to hear what their influences are, the streams can be pretty cool sometimes though when it's just a bunch people with similar tastes talking about the music being played.

Offline Inkblades

• Elite
  • I think you know the truth.
I propose SL becomes a private forum. This place is going to be crawling with dipshits when the album comes out anyway, so lets nip that in the bud now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 12:13 PM by Inkblades »

Offline kurtone

• Passenger
I propose SL becomes a private forum. This place is going to be crawling with dipshits when the album comes out anyway, so lets nip that in the bud now.

“Long time lurker but I decided to make an account. Can I get a link?”

I vote it becomes private as well.

Offline nicklav

• Passenger
  • No more gold lights
Just grandfather everyone now and that’s it.

Offline buddyboy101

• Elite
Just grandfather everyone now and that’s it.
I'm w/ that.  There's the DT subreddit for everyone else...quite a strange place already but not as bad as some of those obsessed groups on facebook.

Offline Vesanic

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
We'll see what happens then

Offline Inkblades

• Elite
EDIT: Download has made the stream video private but here's the pertinent info from Abe's interview:

- The new album is mixed and now in the mastering phase.
- Abe says the "core sounds" that they developed with Terry are back.
- Abe throws September out as a tentative release month but isn't sure. At this point, we'll know when we know.
- They've talked about maybe releasing a condensed version of Eros, maybe as an EP. He also says it has some good songs but isn't very good as an album.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2020, 02:06 AM by Inkblades »

Offline Vesanic

• Global Moderator
  • Elite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaILAtpcmM

@inkblades Thanks for the sum up!
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2020, 05:05 AM by Vesanic »

Offline kurtone

• Passenger
God it has to get old being asked about Eros every fucking interview.

Offline Inkblades

• Elite
Should be a big week for news with the 20th anniversary of White Pony almost upon us. Also, I found this interesting:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBc4jGqASbL/
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2020, 10:24 PM by Inkblades »