Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yossarian

Quote from: Roidragee on Jul 08, 2020, 12:55 AM
Did the album name ever get leaked for Gore before it got officially announced? I wonder if they'll just announce the name soon since some people already have an idea of the title name.

As far as I remember it did, week before or so, though people here wasn't all convinced that it is legit.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Penicks

Quote from: Thanatos on Jul 07, 2020, 10:21 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Jul 07, 2020, 09:17 PM
when it leaks u best share it here first nigga

As a black man I find this offensive

it's okay homie we all black here

kurtone

Did the album name ever get leaked for Gore before it got officially announced? I wonder if they'll just announce the name soon since some people already have an idea of the title name.

Yeah it did. And then Chino had fun with it and posted a picture of Martin Gore on his Twitter.

Thanatos

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 08, 2020, 01:21 AM
Quote from: Thanatos on Jul 07, 2020, 10:21 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Jul 07, 2020, 09:17 PM
when it leaks u best share it here first nigga

As a black man I find this offensive

it's okay homie we all black here

Preach

sharinglungs

I believe it was..

Anyone remember the guy who posted a screen shot of his early copy of gore? It showed almost all the names of the tracks except for Rubicon I think and everyone was trying to guess what it was? I think that might have had the album title in it as well?

Frankz0r

Is that time of every 2/4 year again. I'm back here looking for information IYNWIM. I  know there is not at leak and I'm not looking for it as it is illegal. I'm just looking for information. I saw a name but not sure what else is around.

Hi to all the very old members from here!

Yossarian

Quote from: Frankz0r on Jul 08, 2020, 07:21 PM
Is that time of every 2/4 year again. I'm back here looking for information IYNWIM. I  know there is not at leak and I'm not looking for it as it is illegal. I'm just looking for information. I saw a name but not sure what else is around.

Hi to all the very old members from here!

I felt that man. Gravity of this place pulls me too with every album since SNW.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Vesanic

I don't remember who suggested to secure the place to prevent the usual wave of "pm leak plz" from randoms? Anyway I asked Nuno a while back, he said we'll see what happens.

Nice to see you back Frank!

Thanatos

Honestly this waiting shit is old. It is JULY! Album supposed to out in September? My ass. They would need to start promoting it today basically. Anyone else sick of this? Suspense to build hype is one thing. But this is straight up obnoxious

Roidragee

Yeah if we don't get anything about the new album this month it's not coming out in September.  They started teasing Gore like in late January and then it eventually came out early April. We should be getting something about the new album by now if its really coming out in September

sharinglungs

They only need 6 weeks from announcement/single to release.. Chill guys.. still lots of time..

Vesanic

^

It's not even mid-July yet. Abe said the plan before the pandemic was to release the album at the end of this month. Maybe that's when we'll get an announcement!

God

They promised a new album in 2019, Nobody needs to tell you that it's 2020. It is already late, wait for it

nicklav

I heard Chino reads this board so I'm sure if we post more about it the band will move up the date just for us!

Inkblades

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 10, 2020, 02:14 AM
They only need 6 weeks from announcement/single to release.. Chill guys.. still lots of time..

Looking at their last four album releases, it's more like eight to nine weeks. We still have the rest of July though, so we all just gotta hang tight.

Sunbath

Well a lot has changed in the world and the music business since 2016. No point in referencing to earlier release schedules. I think especially now with covid19 it's totally possible we see quick moves.

Also that instagram post was not a promise. To me at least.  It's a picture of a studio / rehearsal space and can be interpreted to mean that they're working on new music in 2019. Which they did.

Prty

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 08, 2020, 03:00 AM
I believe it was..

Anyone remember the guy who posted a screen shot of his early copy of gore? It showed almost all the names of the tracks except for Rubicon I think and everyone was trying to guess what it was? I think that might have had the album title in it as well?

Yep, seemed a mystery for a bit.

I know the tracklist made people pretty skeptical as you'd expect but reusing an old team sleep song name was what threw me off the most.

Thanatos

Quote from: Sunbath on Jul 11, 2020, 11:18 AM
Well a lot has changed in the world and the music business since 2016. No point in referencing to earlier release schedules. I think especially now with covid19 it's totally possible we see quick moves.

Also that instagram post was not a promise. To me at least.  It's a picture of a studio / rehearsal space and can be interpreted to mean that they're working on new music in 2019. Which they did.

While I agree with most of this. To act like they haven't been overly optimistic about releases dates is revisionists history,  I think. They routinely predict albums will be finished and will  come out way sooner than they ever do. As far as COVID speeding up things? It's possible. Maybe even likely. But it can also be the exact opposite. The label may see no point in releasing an album they can't tour on. I don't think it's very profitable to do it that way for a rock band is it? I really don't know.

geraavl08

Inkblades

Quote from: Sunbath on Jul 11, 2020, 11:18 AM

I hope you're right, but there's something about Reprise/Warner that strikes me as very traditional with their rollouts. We'll see, I guess.