Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitesvera

Quote from: vinsanity on Jul 25, 2012, 08:25 PM
Quote from: luisch on Jul 24, 2012, 04:08 AM
available, once again

DEFTONES - Hole in the Earth (Chi Cheng Benefit show)

is there anymore of it? why haven't they released this before?

Shaun Lopez posted this before, and Warner Bros took it down, so he posted it again, and said "the man(with link to WB website) took this down last time so here it is again. " I asked Shaun yesterday if he knew if the DVD from those shows would be released, and he said he really had no idea but that we would like to see it released because the footage was awesome and he would like to see more of it. So we at least know they proshot both shows, now whether or not it ever comes out it up to Warner Bros and Deftones....

sing blue silver

available, once again

Nope. They don't release it because they're Deftones and they do this shit all the time. There are MANY proshot things we will never see.

Vesanic

They released that a while ago. They didn't release more 'cause they don't have the permission.

Far away

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
available, once again

Nope. They don't release it because they're Deftones and they do this shit all the time. There are MANY proshot things we will never see.

they are all shy.

bewareofrats

The end of this video has got to be some of the best screams Chino has done for this song live.  I am amazed how good 3:45 and on sounds based on the rest of it.  Because the whole vocal performance is very competent for live but it is weaker than the cd.  But the end, man alive, the end is excellent.  I'm going to be so bold as to say the end is every bit as intense as the cd version, if not more so.  What are y'alls thoughts on this performance, particularly the end?

Deftones - When Girls Telephone Boys (Live @ Area4 Festival, Germany 21.08.2009) 12/14
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Vesanic

Always loved the end of that performance. Too bad the echo hides a bit of Chino's screamings power. That being said, it's way too far from being as intense as the CD version. Chino's screams tone on the CD is unmatchable, he could reproduce it on live performances from 2003 but he was easily getting exhausted. This is the most solid performance of WGTB I've heard from him

Deftones - When Girls Telephone Boys [Best live version ever]

jv_

can anyone upload right brigade at cactus club 12.01.1996?
i cant find my harddrive with the whole set and only a few selections are on youtube
thx

bewareofrats

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 05, 2012, 01:23 PM
Always loved the end of that performance. Too bad the echo hides a bit of Chino's screamings power. That being said, it's way too far from being as intense as the CD version. Chino's screams tone on the CD is unmatchable, he could reproduce it on live performances from 2003 but he was easily getting exhausted. This is the most solid performance of WGTB I've heard from him

Deftones - When Girls Telephone Boys [Best live version ever]
Man, do I know you on this matter or do I know you :P?  I was expecting you would agree it was very good but that you would have something negative to say about it (over-doing it with "it's way too far from being as intense as the CD version").  I also expected you to point to 2003 like it was so much superior then.  Say what you will, but there is no way the end of this Area 4 performance is far away from the cd version at all.  At worst it is very very close.  Give me a break.

Vesanic

Haha, hey, relax dude. It's just my opinion.

bewareofrats

Yeah I want to apologize for my attitude and tone.  There was no call for that, so sorry.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

jv_

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Best thing I love about Chi is his ability to disregard all seriousness whenever possible..lol Abe too. Guy is mad funny :)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Slacker

snw9

Deftones - My Own Summer(live soundcheck) 09/11/97

An old gem from the ATF days. I searched the board before posting this video so I apologize if it has been renamed and posted...
Code: [Select]

snw9

snw9

Quote from: Slacker on Aug 07, 2012, 08:56 PM
Deftones - Roller Derby (Live at the Troubadour 2012)

i improved the audio

this song, rocks my socks.

I dig the bass and heavy thrash riff intro a lot but I think if they remove the mellow verse before the chorus or the chorus and just keep 1 or the other instead of both, this song would be amazing.

snw9

snw9

We The Thousands meet the Deftones (Singapore)

We the thousands meet Deftones in Singapore. Nothing fancy but it features our boys