Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theshadeisatool

He's definitely ditched the synth sound.

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

kalhan

oh god the slip sucks!

same old formulated crap over and fucking over again, don't you think? the first few tracks start with a drum beat and have, say, one or two riffs throughout... the rest of the tracks have the piano thing...

aaaaaaargh!

i think he's over-doing the put-out-albums-asap thing... take your time, rezzman, you blew it this time... i loved with teeth btw

devilinside

lol....to me,this album is alot better than W_T.

Frankz0r

I don't like NIN but I like The Slip... hahah yeah sounds weird.

NIN is ok to me, just ok... they're underated... and all the songs are the same (for me) the same formulae, introchorus, beat, few words, chorus again, beat again.. blah

moonlapse vertigo

Quote from: Frankz0r on May 24, 2008, 03:39 PM

NIN is ok to me, just ok... they're underated... and all the songs are the same (for me) the same formulae, introchorus, beat, few words, chorus again, beat again.. blah

i think you mean overrated, but if you didn't more power to ya buddy.

The Slip is really growing on me. its a pretty balanced record.

Frankz0r

Quote from: moonlapse vertigo on May 24, 2008, 05:56 PM

i think you mean overrated, but if you didn't more power to ya buddy.

The Slip is really growing on me. its a pretty balanced record.

You're right I was kinda sleepy this morning when I posted that ;)

devilinside

Rich Fownes will be playing bass with NIN this year.

wither-I

im not a bbig fan of NIN either anymore, i hardly listen to them at all these days... BUt to say that "the downward spiral" and or "the fragile" is formula, is far wrong.

no bug to you though man.

but those albums are sheer brilliance.

bless trent on heroine.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

devilinside

kalhan

*sigh*

i can't repeat that because it's so true.

E-Money

i also agree....  the drug years for nin are over and so is the amazing music.   i dont really like the slip but i thought ghosts was pretty cool.  but the downward spiral and the fragile are their master pieces.

kalhan

well, when with teeth came out i was glad he was off the drugs because a] he put out music quicker and b] he'd put out more music because he wasn't dying anytime soon

but, come to think of it, all good music was made on drugs

the beatles - cannabis/lsd
jimi hendrix - lsd
bob marley - cannabis
pink floyd - lsd
red hot chili peppers - heroin

the list is endless...

devilinside

goldpony

*cough* what about all that great music by all those straight edge bands *cough* ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

uuuh.....LOL Glassjaw is straight edge

goldpony

i meant those other straight edge bands
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devilinside

oooh...those OTHER ones....lol

kalhan

oh yeah that straight edge music is some killer shit

pfft

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"I am proud to announce the final personnel lineup of NINE INCH NAILS for the foreseeable future. We've added, we've subtracted and we've wound up with unquestionably the strongest lineup I've EVER had. Joining me onstage will be Robin Finck, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Freese and Justin Meldal-Johnson.
"We've been working on something really special for these shows and so far I couldn't be happier with the results. We'll be revealing some live performances shortly here on nin.com "
"Meanwhile, I assume some of you may not be entirely familiar with the acts I've chosen to join us on various legs of this tour, so we've compiled a sampler EP for you. Click here to download this for free. If you like what you hear, be sure to show up early to the show (and please remember to support them by purchasing their music, if so inclined)."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who the F.... is that last dude? :S Im glad Finck is back but I will miss North and his crazy stage fury. Also why didnt he call Danny Lohner?
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn