Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

so i was able to download all 4 of them and i'm on ghos III of IV and so far i all sounds amazing.

devilinside

It really does...reminds me of the Still album but without words. Kind of like Adrift and At Peace.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Is an amazing album and I have already order the 300 dollars edition
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Deftonesaddict

are there more instrumental songs than the regular 36 song NIN cd called Ghosts I-IV ?

if so can someone please upload them ?

thanks in advance

ignore the fashion

Quote from: Deftonesaddict on Mar 04, 2008, 05:24 PM
are there more instrumental songs than the regular 36 song NIN cd called Ghosts I-IV ?

if so can someone please upload them ?

thanks in advance

i think thats all there is for now

Oldnewtype

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

mr.sinister

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Mar 05, 2008, 01:53 PM
megadeth rulez

yes they do. they are fucking insane.

but back to the topic. i like Ghosts - I a lot. I'll have to wait till April to hear the rest though. i don't want to listen to it right now, i want the suspense to build up for me.

ignore the fashion

ghost III had some really cool stuff on it

mr.sinister

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Mar 05, 2008, 11:30 PM
ghost III had some really cool stuff on it

i read a review on sputnik that each disc has a distinctive feeling from each other. for example, Ghosts - IV is more upbeat and dancy.

whodunit?

the only reason I downloaded it it's adrian belew on some of the tracks

Yasiu

Inkblades

I <3 Ghosts Song #1, disc #1.

whodunit?

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 09, 2008, 09:40 AM
I <3 Ghosts Song #1, disc #1.

haha, actually that's the only good one  ;D

devilinside

www.nin.com

13 March 2008:   film festival
Hello-
First of all, a sincere THANK YOU for the response to Ghosts. We are all amazed at the reaction for what we assumed would be a quiet curiosity in the NIN catalog. My faith in all of you has been restored - let's all go have coffee somewhere (my treat)!

Today we announce the expansion of the Ghosts project into the visual world. This record began as an experiment with us using sound as a means to describe visuals. Early in the project we thought it would be interesting to see what the community could create / collaborate on as a reaction to the music we were making. We wanted to keep the canvas as blank as possible for you, hence the lack of descriptive song titles and the primarily textural artwork and packaging.
So here's the plan: we've teamed up with YouTube to host a "film festival" around Ghosts. The concept is for you to take whatever tracks you feel inspired by from Ghosts and create what you feel should accompany them visually. You will be able to see all of the submissions, and a team of us (including me) will be sorting through them and setting aside ones we feel are exceptional. Eventually (within a couple of months?) we will present a virtual "film festival" with me and some special guests presenting selections of your work.
This isn't a contest and you don't win elaborate prizes - it's meant to be an experiment in collaboration and a chance for us to interact beyond the typical one-way artist-to-fan relationship. We've discussed some interesting ways this could go, including multiple installments of the online "film festivals," to broadcast TV specials, to a one-time live performance of the entire Ghosts record with your visuals involved. It really depends on how this progresses and develops.
We are all very much looking forward to what you come up with, and hope you enjoy the experience. Visit our YouTube channel later today for information on how to participate.
TR

posted by Trent Reznor at 10:42 AM pst, from los angeles.

White Wrist

trent is so sweet... ::)

goldpony

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 13, 2008, 06:53 PM
www.nin.com

13 March 2008:   film festival
Hello-
First of all, a sincere THANK YOU for the response to Ghosts. We are all amazed at the reaction for what we assumed would be a quiet curiosity in the NIN catalog. My faith in all of you has been restored - let's all go have coffee somewhere (my treat)!

Today we announce the expansion of the Ghosts project into the visual world. This record began as an experiment with us using sound as a means to describe visuals. Early in the project we thought it would be interesting to see what the community could create / collaborate on as a reaction to the music we were making. We wanted to keep the canvas as blank as possible for you, hence the lack of descriptive song titles and the primarily textural artwork and packaging.
So here's the plan: we've teamed up with YouTube to host a "film festival" around Ghosts. The concept is for you to take whatever tracks you feel inspired by from Ghosts and create what you feel should accompany them visually. You will be able to see all of the submissions, and a team of us (including me) will be sorting through them and setting aside ones we feel are exceptional. Eventually (within a couple of months?) we will present a virtual "film festival" with me and some special guests presenting selections of your work.
This isn't a contest and you don't win elaborate prizes - it's meant to be an experiment in collaboration and a chance for us to interact beyond the typical one-way artist-to-fan relationship. We've discussed some interesting ways this could go, including multiple installments of the online "film festivals," to broadcast TV specials, to a one-time live performance of the entire Ghosts record with your visuals involved. It really depends on how this progresses and develops.
We are all very much looking forward to what you come up with, and hope you enjoy the experience. Visit our YouTube channel later today for information on how to participate.
TR

posted by Trent Reznor at 10:42 AM pst, from los angeles.

thats actually pretty cool. i love it when artists have their fans create things for their work. like how the yeah yeah yeahs had people make flags for Show Your Bones
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

ignore the fashion

without re-quoting the entire post again, what devilinside posted about the "film festival" seems like a pretty good idea. that would be pretty cool i think.

ignore the fashion

I've been a fan of NIN for sometime now and many many years ago had a really bad VHS copy of this short film, I was excited to find what was labeled a high quailty dvd.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3586323/Nine_Inch_Nails_-_Broken_High-Quality_DVD

I have already downloaded and burned a copy of it and its AMAZING quality.

Quote from: ThePirateBay.org
NINE INCH NAILS: BROKEN
Original "release": 1993

Unofficial DVD Release [halo 5 dvd]

In 1992, Nine Inch Nails released the "Broken" EP.  It was followed in 1993 by a short film, roughly 20 minutes in length, known as the "Broken Movie."  Filmed and directed by Peter Christopherson, the movie wove Broken's four music videos together via a violent "snuff film," and included its own video for the song "Gave Up" as its conclusion.  Due to its extreme graphic content, the Broken Movie was never officially released (and likely never will be), but was leaked as a bootleg which became heavily traded on VHS in the 1990's, and in recent years via the internet.

This release contains the Broken Movie, in its uncensored entirety, in DVD format with the highest video quality that will likely ever be available.  Enjoy, and happy new year's.

More about the Broken Movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_%28film%29

Track listing:

intro
pinion
wish
help me i am in hell
happiness in slavery
gave up

WARNING: THIS FILM CONTAINS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC CONTENT!

This disc is distributed as a .img disc image file (essentially the same thing as an iso file).  It can be opened from your computer and played back like a physical DVD.  It can also be burned as a DVD with programs like Toast (Mac) or Nero (PC).

skinnypuppy

Supposedly, this is an official 'illegal' NIN release, since the label would never approve it issued on DVD.