Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalhan

he's the guy who'd play bass guitar for beck... he's pretty good.

and all this bullshit about this being the "strongest lineup ever"... seriously, i bet he'd kill to have the fragility tour members back. finck, lohner, vrenna... *that* was the strongest lineup ever.

i think aaron's a great live guitar player, but again, he's like maynard. i hate it when musicians are aware of their awesomeness and they turn into big cocks. i remember the buddyhead forum where he'd bash all these bands and in the end he left his own band to be a session player for nin. i'm glad he's off, his balls must've shrunken... ps. i love the icarus line and their music, it's just the attitude i can't stand.

trent's turned most of his ex-bandmates against him because of the music he's doing, and because he was being an elitist bitch too. serves him right, the slip sucks... i do not like.

and i think trent and lohner fell apart. lohner's hanging out with axl rose nowadays...

devilinside

Wow,Trent kicked Rich Fownes off the lineup super quick!  I agree that Robin,Danny,Chris AND Charlie were his best lineup ever. Though I do like Josh now,he's pretty funny and a great drummer.

Aaron on the other hand...I saw him first when they kicked Alex off the tour,and was really impressed. Then after a few more shows,he started to suck TERRIBLY! He was missing chords,and too worried about hanging upside down on speakers and jumping into the crowd. I was supposed to have one of his guitars,but the guard took it away from me..I was pissed. I still have the knob from it,but thats it. NIN was the biggest run Aaron will ever have. I met him in Atlanta,and the dude had some serious stiff hair...grooodeeeee.

Despite Danny not coming back :(,I'm super happy to see Robin again!

theshadeisatool

Chris Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrenna

devilinside

He was playing for Gnarls Barkley on SNL...you see him?

kalhan

i wanted to listen to finck's writings instead of his work as a solo artist. the only reason i was looking forward to the guns n roses album... now i won't be looking forward to it, it'll save me time anyway

Jerry_Curls

It's gonna be funny how three bands that I really like are opening up for NIN. Knowing his fans, they won't appreciate what music sounds like nowadays.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

The Pulse of Radio reports that NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor is working on a cable TV series based on his 2007 concept album, "Year Zero", according to a lengthy profile of Reznor in the Sunday edition of the New York Times. The article does not go into much detail about the project, except to say that Reznor is working on it with producer Lawrence Bender, who is Quentin Tarantino's partner and also produced the Oscar-winning Al Gore documentary "An Inconvenient Truth".

"Year Zero" takes place approximately 15 years in the future, with the U.S. a religious dictatorship and the world on the brink of environmental and social collapse. Reznor has indicated that he'd be interested in a film version of the story, and has also hinted at a recorded sequel at some point.

The rest of the Times interview, which took place at Reznor's home "on the outskirts of Beverly Hills," touches on his abandonment of the major label system, his recent online album releases, and his own struggle to reinvent himself in the age of music downloading.

At one point Reznor explains, "I don't agree that (music) should be free, but it is free, and you can either accept it or you can put your head in the sand." He also says he doesn't want to participate in the way music is marketed these days, adding, "I don't really want to be on the side of a bus or in a BlackBerry ad hawking some product that sucks just so I can get my record out."

A brand new NINE INCH NAILS album called "The Slip" was posted online last month as a free download at nin.com. The band's previous effort, "Ghosts I - IV", was issued in March in a variety of digital and physical configurations.

Reznor hinted in the Times article that more free music, and possibly new software applications, will be coming soon.

NINE INCH NAILS will begin a North American trek on July 25 at British Columbia's Pemberton Festival.

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

kalhan

yeah, never gonna happen

devilinside

Ooh...maybe i'll be in it since  i'm part of the "resistance network"

lol

oooh yeah

TheWatcher

Echoplex is Good!

im listen to there songs on there myspace.

kalhan

echoplex is probably the only good track off the album...

maybe some of those piano songs are good, don't know... didn't have the patience to listen to them

theshadeisatool

I do like Head Down and the Four of Us Are Dying very much too.

White Wrist

devilinside

Quote from: theshadeisatool on Jun 11, 2008, 10:24 AM
I do like Head Down and the Four of Us Are Dying very much too.

I fucking LOVE head down!!!

devlin

letting you is my favorite, very chaotic sounding i love it.

kalhan

head down is good... yes

White Wrist

Quote from: kalhan on Jun 12, 2008, 02:38 PM
head down is good... yes

yup. echoplex too.

i am expecting a world tour!

kalhan

you mean the usual places... yeah, i'm expecting that too

shine down unshy

First time I heard The Slip I liked Echoplex, Head Down and Lights in the Sky.  Those songs hit me hard.  Some bands start to suck after a few albums but NIN is getting better after each one it seems.

White Wrist

http://ninlive.com/2007-current.htm

here you can dowload some bootg from the WT tour 2007. I checked the first one, the show i was and it´s pretty cool.

enjoy.