Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Soundgarden

Started by Jacob, May 06, 2007, 12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebontha

QuoteFor the song "Room A Thousand Years Wide" it sounds like Cornell sings "I walk in the corpse of heroin...", but the lyrics I've looked up claim it's "He walks in the cold sun and wind" which is bullshit because he clearly says "I" not "he".  But am I the only one that hears him sing "I walk in the corpse of heroin..."??
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Nebontha

I'm really into this band as of late.  Especially the Badmotorfinger album.  I really want to learn "Room A Thousand Years Wide" on guitar, but I can't seem to find complete tabs for it...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Jacob

that riff is awesome. dunno how to play it though, sorry.

listening to Down on The Upside right now. it's not often bands quit while they're still kicking ass.

Louder Than Love is still my favorite Soundgarden album though. it's so raw and powerful. and very different. in a good way.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Nebontha

Yo I figured out that riff, and like 'oly fuck, is it the easiest thing in the world!  But I just can't get it out of my head  :D
and anyways, could someone listen to Room A Thousand Years Wide and CONFIRM for me that Cornell is NOT singing "I walk in the corpse of heroin..."...wait nevermind, that IS what he's singing, I'm bloody sure of it! AND NOT A SINGLE SITE ON THE NET HAS IT RIGHT! HAHAHAHA
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Inkblades

I bow down to Jesus Christ Pose.

theshadeisatool

Amazing song, metal/rock classic I'd say, nevermind the grunge label...

Jacob

the video is awesome too. such great grunge vibes.

check this out, I Awake live from the Louder Than Live video (one of their best songs imo):

[youtube=425,350]jT4lcsW9iAg[/youtube]
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theshadeisatool

theis

Slaves & Bulldozers is probably my favorite Soundgarden song.

that song is just fucking huge. best Cornell scream ever.

Crazylegs

[youtube=425,350]VMZaT6rt4Qs[/youtube]

Slaughter of a song right here. Not for weak hearts. What the hell is this knob of a vocalist trying to do?

Nebontha

QuoteSlaughter of a song right here. Not for weak hearts. What the hell is this knob of a vocalist trying to do?
Oh god that sounds like the vocalist of band Rise Against after smoking blunts and shit load of cigs all weekend. Even worse than D.E.P.'s cover of the same song.
EDIT: oh shit it IS the vocalist of Rise Against, lol.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

tarkil

wow, he's indeed murdering this song.... pretty sad !

Awesome song though when from Soundgarden....  :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

ronnie dobbs

For those who haven't heard this, check it out, one of my favorite covers.

Soundgarden - Come Together
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rusrstKjAJk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rusrstKjAJk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Muzic Junkie

I'm quite liking " Blow up the outside world" at the mo

Even though its an old song

i kill for fun

loves the viedeo when it came out, but i always wonder what kim is doing now....
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Crazylegs

[youtube=425,350]BuhOHXkKyrs[/youtube]

this song has to be my favourite these days. It just sounds so right. Don't mind the video, it just had the best audio

deafnotes

i saw a new video by chris cornell, the video looks like disco sh!t.

tarkil

Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 30, 2008, 02:08 AM
[youtube=425,350]BuhOHXkKyrs[/youtube]

this song has to be my favourite these days. It just sounds so right. Don't mind the video, it just had the best audio

Yeah, Head Down is probably one of my favourite songs ever too... Such a magnificent one...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

Speaking of Chris Cornell...what the FUCK happened to him?

[youtube=425,350]oJ2SzGsrduU[/youtube]

What an embarrassment...

Crazylegs

this has to be a joke.