Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Soundgarden

Started by Jacob, May 06, 2007, 12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

sadly, no... it's from his new album "Scream".

It's produced by fucking Timbaland. They've been laying down some fat beats, yo.

::)

Truly pathetic. the rest of soundgarden (and audioslave for that matter) must be shaking their heads.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Crazylegs

What's up with his beard and hair. He looks fucking greasy.

Jacob

I don't mind his looks, he looks more grunge now than he did with the short hair.

but yeah, I really don't understand what he's doing. rock music in general has made such a huge comeback lately and lots of old bands are reuniting (for better or worse). even grunge has sort of been brougt back from the dead. this should be every old rock god's dream. but this man goes ahead and records a fucking r'nb album with fucking Timbaland? *shakes head in disgust and disappointment*

oh, and from wikipedia...

QuoteDescribing the album as a whole, Cornell compared it to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon and Queen's A Night at the Opera, citing the psychedelic elements that Timbaland brought into the production.[

wtf, chris?

theis

hahahahhahahhahaha wow...

dude needs a wake up call.

Crazylegs

QuoteDescribing the album as a whole, Cornell compared it to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon and Queen's A Night at the Opera, citing the psychedelic elements that Timbaland brought into the production.[

i'm pretty sure that's blasphemy.

Nebontha

Quotethis has to be a joke.
if it is, it's a really bad one, and no one's laughing.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Jacob

the more I think about this, the more depressed I become.

deafnotes

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 06, 2008, 11:43 AM
Speaking of Chris Cornell...what the FUCK happened to him?

[youtube=425,350]oJ2SzGsrduU[/youtube]

What an embarrassment...

is this what they called post-grunge?

theis

Quote from: aenemic on Dec 07, 2008, 09:31 PM
the more I think about this, the more depressed I become.

same.

listening to Soundgarden now... really sad how he turned out. goddamnit he used to rock so fucking hard.

Nebontha

It's stupid because one of my best friends is really obsessed with Chris Cornell nowadays, and became even more so after seeing him in concert a couple weekends ago... me, I lost respect for CC when I found out that it was his fault Soundgarden went soft/more mainstream and broke up, and when he canceled his own shows to play at Walmart/etc. just because it was more profitable (or something stupid like that) to do so... what a sell-out douche, and that stuff with Timbaland is crap, nothing new just more stupid drunkin dancing music...isn't there enough stuff like that out there already? shit...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Jacob

Chris is one of the biggest sellouts ever, simple as that.

theis

new  video...  :'( >:( :-[ ??? ::)

[youtube=425,350]pBjBFEByEDE[/youtube]

lithium

goddamn this idiot must be smoking crack!
💩

dictatesofreason

theis

This is just awesome. Cornell's still got it:

Soundgarden Beyond the Wheel

Jacob

I'm speechless to say the least.

if this is how the Soundgarden reunion is gonna sound, I will temporarily forgive Cornell for all his downfalls and the fact that this is just another moneygrab for him.

theis

From now on, whenever people say that Chris Cornell can't sing anymore I'll use that video as an example to prove them wrong.

It's fucking mindblowing.

Crazylegs

is it? I'm not impressed, but to say he can't sing is just wrong.

theis

Chris Cornell - Call Me A Dog (acoustic) @ Hollywood Bowl

He has not sounded this good since the 90's. Incredible.

Just come to fucking Europe, Soundgarden!