Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

White Pony or Self Titled?

Started by There Will Be Blood, Dec 15, 2007, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

hobbette

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 15, 2007, 05:56 PM
White Pony was their best.  S/T was their worst.  Easy choice.

That's probably true actually.

mr.sinister

Deftones-argentina

The pony. I couldn't live without hearing knife prty again in my life.

thesongyousang

Quote from: hobbette on Dec 15, 2007, 10:05 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 15, 2007, 05:56 PM
White Pony was their best.  S/T was their worst.  Easy choice.

That's probably true actually.

Grow  a Pair and expand.

"The Nigger that crime follows, Im hitting fine models
and stabbing punks with broken wine bottles..
I beat chumps til their head splits
then break'em like breadsticks
I sex chicks
I'll even fuck a dead bitch..."

deftonekid

WP just cuz digital bath is my favorite song, but i really like S/T

theshadeisatool

I would pick White Pony out of the two. But even so, I would find being on a desert island with no Around The Fur not worth living for.

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Timmy666

Probably the pony but thats a pretty difficult question. I think all of their albums are wonderful in their own way.

fallon

no saturday night wrist was their worst..white pony was the best..self titled was pretty good. bloody cape..come on now that has to be one of my favorite deftones songs. especially when they play that song live..awesome shit.  :)

Penicks

Deftones for sure. For Battle Axe, Deathblow, etc.

Starz

Yes I don't think I could continue life without ever hearing Battle-Axe, Minerva, When Girls..., Lucky You, Needles & Pins etc again. For me, this album has changed my life more than White Pony has. I feel I can relate to Self Titled album more with regards to the anger and emotion of the album,... I think what I love most about this album is the subtlety of the emotion in which it is transformed on the record. Minerva is about the Earth but when I listen to that song I try and relate it to something which has happened to me in my life and this makes the whole album that much more special, like the album was dedicated to me or something. No other album has ever done that to me and this is why I love Self Titled album so much... God bless you Deftones.

New Murderer

i love s/t and all, but this is not even close. white pony. honestly, i really do like s/t, but white pony just absoutely blows it away in my eyes.

el perro

im just listening to self titled. i wont say it's their best or worst cos i dont even consider that. to me it's all about appreciating the sound. stef playing power chords with open strings and his tone giving a guitar style i havent heard before by anyone. frank's more noticeable contribution to the melodies. chino's vocals etc it's a beautiful album, well thats my take anyway. and not forgetting the bside 'lovers' and their covers of sleep walk and sinatra. timeless

Corleone

snw777

Shaye

Oh man....I'm getting anxiety just trying to pick one.  :-\

How about I make one big mixed CD with all my favorites from each album ok?

wither-I

Quote from: Starz on Dec 16, 2007, 08:57 PM
Yes I don't think I could continue life without ever hearing Battle-Axe, Minerva, When Girls..., Lucky You, Needles & Pins etc again. For me, this album has changed my life more than White Pony has. I feel I can relate to Self Titled album more with regards to the anger and emotion of the album,... I think what I love most about this album is the subtlety of the emotion in which it is transformed on the record. Minerva is about the Earth but when I listen to that song I try and relate it to something which has happened to me in my life and this makes the whole album that much more special, like the album was dedicated to me or something. No other album has ever done that to me and this is why I love Self Titled album so much... God bless you Deftones.

i feel the exact same way! my brother was killed shortly after it was released and he loved the album (i listened to it once but nothing more at first). the first time i ever even heard deftones was with my brother in 95' when adrenaline came out-- he was 13 and i was like 10 or 11 years old at the time. we were up in the den with my cousin who had brought the cd over for us to listen--all i thought was- WOW.... we grew into deftones together and still adore them now. S/T holds a dear dear place, i couldnt even listen to anniversary for nearly three years... snw was a big leap for me as a person but musically a let down if you know what i mean. WP also holds alot of memories and such as well just not as profound. i do truly adore this band, and like i have said before i feel distantly close to them, like stars said-"its like they are singing to me"

"coming into the nearness of distance"

sickened

White Pony for me. It's the first album I heard  from them and the one I love the most.

pissedandpierced

Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 16, 2007, 03:42 AM
WP just cuz digital bath is my favorite song, but i really like S/T

I like your thinking.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007