Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

White Pony or Self Titled?

Started by There Will Be Blood, Dec 15, 2007, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoRnudo

I Like To hear Self titled when im depress but my  Fav Is WP

bebo

I listened to ST four times today while screwing around on photoshop. Great stuff.

Breach Unborn

White Pony > ST.

Now, if it were White Pony vs. Adrenaline....then we'd have a problem

AK457

gotta be white pony.  even after listening to them literally 100s of times, battle axe, bloody cape, moana, good morning beautiful, and deathblow really dont have any individuality to me and im not sure i could tell them apart if i had to other than GMB and AoaUI is too chill for me.  On the bright side, hexigram is a fucking awesome song, minerva is real good too.  i think WGTB is the only song that is consistantly on another level live.  they really shoulda brought out the synth in the album version. (if you dont know what i'm talking about, watch http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDH7Fx1APR8 especially the breakdown, it's money) it's probably my favorite on the album still.  and i think needles and pins is good, i just dont really feel the chorus.  lucky you is pretty sweet, i kind of see it as a pink cellphone except good kinda song

now with white pony, elite is definitely their hardest rocking song, but what i like most about it is that it doesn't sound like theyre putting its hard hittingness as their top priority (as in they didn't just say aight lets start with this hard as riff and work a song into it) and it definitely beats WGTB.  digital bath is an awesome song, and so is feiticeira.  street carp is probably my least favorite on the album but its still pretty good, and teenager is a chill song that changes it up but in a way that doesn't seem boring kinda like AoaUI (imo).   i think that change is their best overall song, even though its overplayed, overhyped, cliche etc.  if you step back and listen to it, its like ok that songs on another level.  its got a feel to it that is unmatched by pretty much any song i've ever heard. i think chino's ghost vocals are fucking awesome on knife prty too.  korea's got either  my favorite or second favorite breakdown (ATF is really good too) and passenger is just the shit.  and they close it with an epic song.  i liked back 2 school a lot too even if they thought it was selling out or whatever

damn that was a long post

Atomic

yea, cudos for yor effort *claps*
i still havnt heard white pony :P
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Jrag2288

Gotta go with S/T..........im getting kind of tired of the pony songs except for Korea

Death101

White Pony since I heard a lot of their songs from that album... :P