Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fuck winter, you guys

Started by alvarezbassist17, Feb 15, 2008, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I have been living in a dirt little but with a thin wodden roof and tons of holes all over the place for the wind to blow through.  And we have one little itty bitty heater.  I dont wana hear it from you guys

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
Winter is the most overrated season ever. No idea why. It's fucking cold and wet. Hooray for global warming.

it's kind of true, because everybody knows that Autumn is the best season. But I do really like some parts of the winter.

lostpilot

I hate winter. I'll now be stuck in this cold weather for more than a month, and since october the weather was pretty fucked up, so I'm really waiting for spring to finally show up.

Of course, I enjoy snowy evenings out with Formant or Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event, but still, I hate winter.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Variable on Feb 17, 2008, 11:43 AM
I have been living in a dirt little but with a thin wodden roof and tons of holes all over the place for the wind to blow through.  And we have one little itty bitty heater.  I dont wana hear it from you guys

no wonder you troll so much, it must make you feel all warm and shit inside lol

tarkil

Winter is awesome cause you can go snowboarding... I just went back yesterday from 7 full days in deep powder snow... Was awesome !

I can't wait for next year to come, and do the same again... w000000000t

My cold apartment sucks ass though...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

alvarezbassist17

yeah, i love boardin too, but it's so much less fun when it's like 2 degrees Fahrenheit out and it's all windy, icy and shit.  unfortunately most of the winter here has been just that.

tarkil

Go to Japan man, winter there is like 1 meter of fresh snow everyday... Well, nearly... It's crazy unbelievable shit... For real...

Variable

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Feb 18, 2008, 06:11 AM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 17, 2008, 11:43 AM

no wonder you troll so much, it must make you feel all warm and shit inside lol
psh I dont troll.  I just let my charming personality roam free.  But im back in civilization now so maybe I will be nicer. 

seriosly though, I dont mind winter.  I mean if you have a house with a heater, there really is not so much to be cold about.  Just dress properly when you walk outside.  No problems

sickened

I have always liked winter but because of the global warming winters aren't what they used to be. I really miss the snow.

13hourstoparadise

I live in Seattle and almost hitting cold is too cold for me... But -55... Holy crap. I just got back from Colorado yesterday and it was like 16 degrees. That wasn't fun...

< - I'm moving to Oahu next year!!! Can't wait,

fireflyry

We've had the best summer for years in New Zealand.

Rock over.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Variable

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 20, 2008, 04:28 AM
I live in Seattle and almost hitting cold is too cold for me... But -55... Holy crap. I just got back from Colorado yesterday and it was like 16 degrees. That wasn't fun...

< - I'm moving to Oahu next year!!! Can't wait,
I was in oahu last summer for a school.  Had a blast.  I was thinkng about getting stationed there but people on the island kind of talked me out of it.  Said that the island just got really small after a while.  But if I dont get pendleton then I say fuck it and I probably will do oahu.

13hourstoparadise

Yup, if you get cabin fever then you won't like Oahu. However, if you can learn to use the small island for all needs, then it's the best place to be. For instance, camping on Diamond Head, trips to North Shore - I don't surf there, maybe once I move and get more experience under my jock strap.

weakcure

We had a high of 72 degrees yesterday and an expected high of 28 today.

I don't even hate winter; I just want it to feel like one season.

alvarezbassist17

i've never ever had so many severe weather alerts on my forecastfox in so little time.  seriously, it's been a wind chill advisory for the past like month minus a couple days.

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
Go to Japan man, winter there is like 1 meter of fresh snow everyday... Well, nearly... It's crazy unbelievable shit... For real...

i wish going to japan was just like an easy option for me anytime, like shaun white in that one commercial or some shit.

13hourstoparadise

Fuck Shaun White...

God damn I'm a hater.

tarkil

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Feb 20, 2008, 07:45 PM
i wish going to japan was just like an easy option for me anytime, like shaun white in that one commercial or some shit.

Wait... Are you a hippy like Che only traveling in a van ?   :)

And who's Shaun White ?

Shaye

I think Shaun White is the red-headed snowboarder who always wins the x-games. I don't know, to me he looks like one of the Children of the Corn. It's creepy...    :o

tarkil

Quote from: Shaye on Feb 21, 2008, 06:43 AM
I think Shaun White is the red-headed snowboarder who always wins the x-games. I don't know, to me he looks like one of the Children of the Corn. It's creepy...    :o

Indeed you're right :
Quote from: Wikipedia
At Winter X Games XII, he landed a 1260 at the end of his final Snowboard Superpipe run, locking up his seventh Winter X Games Gold, and his third in the event. He also won Bronze in Snowboard Slopestyle.

1260 !!!!!!!!!
Fucking hell !!!

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 21, 2008, 06:24 AM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Feb 20, 2008, 07:45 PM

Wait... Are you a hippy like Che only traveling in a van ?   :)

And who's Shaun White ?

nah, i'm just a poor college student that really only has a budget for eating and getting fucked up.  it's rather limiting in the context of international travel.  but i am most likely going to spain in the fall for a semester, so that should be a good change of pace to say the least.