Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

'Clutch' recommendation?

Started by vadimo, Aug 09, 2008, 08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadimo

i heard lots of good things about Clutch, apparently every album sounds different - different style and different energy, anyone can recommend me a starter album? Im looking to hear their rockiest album.

any ideas?  ;)

Crazylegs

it's all rocking and rolling. you can't go wrong with any of them.

Battle-Axe

YESSSSSSS Clutch are fucking mint! I personally started with Blast Tyrant.

Awesome band - saw them live last April and I have Neil Fallon's setlist on my wall ;D

phil for real

I honestly never have been able to dig Clutch for some reason.  You guys should check out there drummers other band though, King Hobo.  Sweet bluesy stuff, also has the keyboardist from Opeth on vocals, unlikely pairing.

bright lights, big city

Blast Tyrant is a great one...
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

mr.sinister

I just ordered their 1995 self-titled CD. The one with the Earth and the moon on it. Any good? I heard a song on Youtube and I dug it so I bought it brand new for 5 bucks.

goldpony

Quote from: mr.sinister on Aug 11, 2008, 03:47 AM
I just ordered their 1995 self-titled CD. The one with the Earth and the moon on it. Any good? I heard a song on Youtube and I dug it so I bought it brand new for 5 bucks.

the best clutch album imo
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

mr.sinister

Quote from: goldpony on Aug 11, 2008, 09:25 PM

Really? Oh man, can't wait to listen to this shit then!

platp116

They're all good, but my personal favorites are pure rock fury and blast tyrant

bright lights, big city

Quote from: mr.sinister on Aug 11, 2008, 09:56 PM
Quote from: goldpony on Aug 11, 2008, 09:25 PM

Really? Oh man, can't wait to listen to this shit then!
IMO probably 2nd behind Blast Tyrant...but it's got some amazing stoner rock/metal riffs
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

i kill for fun

yea..i hate to be one to break up this little agreement festival but all the clutch fans ive met claim clutch is harder than most badns, including deftones, which is bullshit(my opinion). They seem to have this mentality that they slam harder than most, but personally i think its southern hard rock with an edge, but i can names dozens who would make their shit sound like disney land.sorry..
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Battle-Axe

Clutch are one of the coolest bands ever IMO but I've never been one to say they're heavier than X band or whatever. Heavy isn't limited to just metal bands though.

goldpony

i have never heard that clutch is harder than anyother band. ive never head the band had this mentality. where do you get your info???
do they rock harder? if you've seen their live sho, then you know its true.
harder in terms of heavier? no
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Battle-Axe

Clutch are fuckin awesome live. Saw them last April and it was one hell of a show, and Neil gave me his drink ;D

skinnypuppy

Clutch = ear cancer.
Do you want ear cancer?

theis

if Clutch is like ear cancer...well, then i'd love me some ear cancer.