Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Ask Trey/WWTD Thread!

Started by devilinside, Nov 14, 2008, 10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

omg.   lolz, us women are not that stupid.  But nice story anyway.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

I don't think that most of you have an appreciation for exactly how improve all of my post are.  If I actually took the time to think about shit before I started typing.....hmmmm

Variable

wow.  I just noticed that I totally just misquoted the diabetes question and posted the cheating on girl answer.  I wrote up a big ass thing about diabetes too.  I guess I accidentally deleted it.  God dam it

But I fucking got called into work for an Emergency.  And because I was recently made the boss , I had to go in and handle some shit forever.  I have had two hours of sleep in the past 24 hours.  And I have to be back at work in about 5 hours.  So the rest of this will just have to wait for the weekend.  Later peoples.

devilinside

Ummm HERRO!!

Quote from: devilinside on Nov 20, 2008, 03:49 PM
Ok I got one....why when you're fighting back crying do you get that lump feeling in your throat?

Variable

Um, I don't understand why you would think I would possibly know that.  When I fight, I am fighting first, not back.  And I never cry.  No lumpy throats here...... ;)

Variable

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec02/ch007/ch007e.html

"globus sensation may be a symptom of certain mood states (eg, grief, pride); some patients may have a predisposition to this response."

I realize that this article is full of medical terminology that might be a bit over your head because you haven't been working with these words for 5 + years like me.  But I am at work and don't have time to describe it in my own words.  And you seemed eager for an answer, so I just looked up "globus sensation" for you in the Merck manual.

But be careful before you read this.  I read this article from the actual book when I was in Afghanistan and shortly after I started to have major problems with swallowing my food.  I could just be being paranoid....or maybe not.

devilinside

Hellz yeah...I totally stumped you! haha

Variable

did you read the article?  The first post was a joke, the second was my real answer.

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Nov 21, 2008, 04:27 AM
omg.   lolz, us women are not that stupid.  But nice story anyway.
omg , you would be surprised

lostpilot

what was first - an egg or a hen?

Variable

Contradictio In Terminis

this statement is false

but is it really?
I can taste your pale blood flowing from the moon. I can feel your anger breaking your cocoon. Twisting from the graveyard your final place of rest is the light of nothing forming at the crest. I will break your memory and I will break your name. I won't let your body be place inside a grave.

Variable

indychinoluv

Should I propose to my girlfriend?

We've been together for about 11 years ( living together for 8), and is about to drop my heathen spawn (our soon to be emily)

We're both catholics (but don't practice) and Kirsty's family is giving her assholes about getting married. The money we spend on a wedding would be better used to help get our mortgage down and be a better help while Kirsty's off work.

And don't suggest a registry office. Kirsty's a girly girl. IF we get married, it will have to be a proper one (don't think in a church...)

I suppose my main question is more open. Does marriage really matter anymore?

lostpilot

Quote from: indychinoluv on Nov 22, 2008, 06:24 PM

even though I am not Trey, you should propose to her, but you should make your wedding just the way you want.
Not the whole typical huge thing..

White Pwny

Marty, I'd say yes.   I mean, it's been 11 years... you are more or less married now.   Ask her!   And then, like Darius said... have the wedding the way ya'll want it.   It don't have to be a huge wedding to be a great wedding.

Variable

Quote from: indychinoluv on Nov 22, 2008, 06:24 PM
Should I propose to my girlfriend?

We've been together for about 11 years ( living together for 8), and is about to drop my heathen spawn (our soon to be emily)

We're both catholics (but don't practice) and Kirsty's family is giving her assholes about getting married. The money we spend on a wedding would be better used to help get our mortgage down and be a better help while Kirsty's off work.

And don't suggest a registry office. Kirsty's a girly girl. IF we get married, it will have to be a proper one (don't think in a church...)

I suppose my main question is more open. Does marriage really matter anymore?
I need to know both of your ages, education levels, career ambitions, and any other life ambitions to properly answer this question.

Here is my thing.  Getting married just because of a baby is a really, really bad idea.  I'm not saying this is why you want to marry her.  But if it is a heavy influence, I think you should put that aside and think more in terms of compatibility between the two of you.

I don't think it is a good idea to get married young.  Everyone matures differently.  But for all of you over 30, how much did you as a person change between the age of 20 and 30?  I would say that as a general rule, with plenty of exceptions, getting married before age 25 is not a good idea.  You need to live and have fun and not wonder what life would have been like.  You need to settle down a bit and be ready for this sort of thing.  If you want it to last that is.

I don't think getting married before your education ambitions are over is a good idea.  You have a good chance of dropping those ambitions and never accomplishing them.  You also have a very good chance of putting a lot of unnecessary strain on your relationship if you follow through with those ambitions.  

If you, or her, has a life ambition that a spouse would hinder or make harder.  Just wait.  I meet so many guys who wanted to go try out for the special forces.  But didn't because of some chick they "love" and have been with for years.  Then he ends up breaking up with her after 5 years and totally isn't happy with his life because he didn't do what he wanted.  Thats obviously a military example, but still, you can apply it all around.  If you have to sacrifice a dream for this girl, she better be dam worth it, and you better be dam sure.  

Also, if you are not financially ready to support a family.  Don't get married.  Financial responsibility is probably one of the hardest lessons to learn in life.  It is also probably one of the most important things you can learn.  I don't care how many zeros are in your pay check.  I care about how much money you have in long term savings.  If you live pay check to pay check, or close to it.  Don't get married.

Which brings us to the cost of your wedding.  I am all for sentiment.  You need to make the day special for her, it is important.  But by no means what so ever should you break the bank for this event.  Don't rent out and expensive place.  Use natures beauty and hold it outside at an affordable location.  Keep it small with close family and friends only.  This will make it more personable anyways.  Also take the wal-mart- ikea approach.  You can buy really nice things for really cheap prices.  More expensive doesnt mean better.  So fuck all these expensive ass wedding stores and planners with inflated prices.  Get out and hustle a bit.  Craigslist it, and find a good deal.

But does marriage matter today? that depends on your personalities.  How seriously you take your faith.  How your family will react and all that.  I personally don't think that it is important to rush.  But I think most of the married folk here will say that no matter how long you are with someone.  It is different when you are married.  So just take it slow man.  Be sure you are ready

White Pwny

They have been together for 11 years, and have tried for a baby for QUITE awhile.   They are also both quite mature enough to know what they want to do, and are not just into their 20's.   I say go for it MARTY!

Variable

exactly.  They have been together for 11 years.  If he is not sure, what is the rush now?  Also, maybe in another 11 years one of them will realize that they spent their whole youth with this person and never went to just go be themselves out on their own, or try to see if there is someone better.  The divorce rate is 50% in America because people don't think about this stuff before hand.  He obviously has doubts or questions or else he would not be asking.  So, as I said, Take your time and think real hard. There is no rush.

Variable

Quote from: i kill for fun on Nov 19, 2008, 06:33 PM
"would you, or more appropriately women in general consider it intrusive and stalker-ish to ask out a woman you occasionally see walking down the street yet never talk to?"

"No.  This is how a lot of people meet.  You just need to find an uncreepy way to say hi and run into her.  "

well yea, thats the obvious part. i guess maybe i should refrase and say "how would you go about doing that specifically?"
Sorry, I think I was really busy when I answered that.  You just need to bull a fletch moment.  Notice a book that she is reading in starbucks and learn something about it then strike up a conversation about it.  Notice what kind of dog she has.  Notice whatever it is that you can, then grab your nuts and fine a casual way to say hi to her and talk about it. I mean, you didnt give me a whole hell of a lot to work with here.  But this is how people meet.  If you are interested in her, you are just going to have to walk up and say hi to her.  Thats the best I can do unless you want to throw down some details.