Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Ask Trey/WWTD Thread!

Started by devilinside, Nov 14, 2008, 10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Quote from: lukas989 on Aug 06, 2011, 12:41 PM
A fairly run of the mill q this - but Im just curious as to your fave bands outside of the obvious (the 'tones) and the one band Ive seen you mention (Isis).  Apologies for the lack of meatiness...I'll endeavour to muster up something moreso in the near future.
Eh, I'm about as loyal of a fan as they come. I could probably answer this question with "Deftones, Tool, and NIN" and not be lying for the rest of my life. But I listen to a lot of other bands casually. I just don't LOVE them like I do the previously mentioned bands. I listen to a lot of Foo Fighters and Smashing Pumpkins too though.

Variable

Quote from: blixa on Aug 07, 2011, 12:40 AM
TREY

i've met someone quite awesome but he makes me so nervous that i can't look him in the eyes. what do i do?
Mariam, my dear,

How silly of you to ask me advice about boys. Don't you know that I want you all for myself? ;)

This is simple. You have to realize that you're amazing and that YOU have more to offer to him than he has to offer to you. Just follow my example; artificial arrogance can be quite useful for courage, at times ;)

Seriously though. Special people or "the one" are supposed to make you feel like this. But you also have to realize that they are supposed to feel the same way about you. Which leads to a weird paradox. You are supposed to think that he is out of your league, while accepting that he feels like you are out of his league. AKA you both think youre shit, but think the other person is amazing.

So, if it works out like this, then it's amazing. If not, fuck him anyways. Hes not really special and amazing if he doesn't think that you're special and amazing too.

It's odd, how often Einstein's Theory of Relativity can be applied to everyday life. But if this guy is really as amazing as you say he is, but he doesn't think you're amazing back, is he really amazing? I say no. And I say that him being amazing is all relative to the observer. But if he doesn't reciprocate the feeling to the observer, then he's shit anyways.

Look him in the eyes. Be yourself and give-it-a-go. The worst that can happen, is that you realize that he's a douche and you're still the shit. Just go out and be yourself and try to have a good time. Ill still love you no matter what.

Or....you could just try fucking him. That usually gets rid of the awkwardness of dating.

spitfire

Trey should i try to enter a photography contest, with my akward photos?
Getting drunk on my own on a sunday evening, makes me an alcoholic?

Variable

I have not seen your photos. I supposed I could go look in the Pic Thread and probably find them?

But I think you probably should. I also don't think that drinking by yourself makes you an alcoholic, but then again, I did it last night.

I think that maybe an article can answer this question best. It's by Hunter S. Thompson; a very accomplished man who certainly would not think drinking alone was a bad idea. The article is called "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved" It's famous because it is supposed to be the first piece of gonzo journalism. It is kind of long, but its very entertaining and both of the men are drunkards but brilliant artist. So I though maybe it would have so me relevance here? And maybe you could gain some inspiration from it? It's also REALLY funny.

But I think YOU might like it, because it is the first time that Thompson meets Ralph Steadman. Ralph and Hunter would become life-long friends after this. Ralph also did most of the art work for hunters books and even for the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." The point is that his style is....unique. Often grotesque and people didn't always appreciate it or understand it. But SOME people DID, he just had to get his work out there for people to see.

So if it means something to you, if it really is art to you, then yes you most certainly should. If its just an experiment to feel different or whatever, but the pics don't really mean all that much to you, then you should probably scrap them and go after something that means more to you. But I have a feeling, that because you obviously care about if they will be received well or not, that they do matter to you. So throw it out there man. I think thats a really had first step that all artist, actors, musicians, writers,poets, dancers, and photographers have to make.

alvarezbassist17

This thread is amazing.  You guys mind all of that advice Trey dispensed about chicks back there; it took me a long time to figure all of that out myself, but everything he said about closing the deal is straight gold.  Just chill out, don't let individual people's opinions influence your confidence or your opinion of yourself, and that flies for chicks as well.  People, as a whole, don't know shit about shit.  Always remember that, and don't let their bullshit get to you.  Just move on; if you get rejected by someone in any capacity, it's their loss, and dwelling on it doesn't help your outcome at all.

spitfire

Trey does a wonderful job, like i said before, hes like doctor Phil (not in a bad way, if you know what i mean). im pretty fuck up right now. im out of alcohol atm, only got one cigarrete atm, will have to wait 1 hour and 11 minutes get  more, but this guy makes things more sense.
i think im in a chaotic moment right now, dont know where to go or where im headin, listening to  team sleep, i have nowhere to go, nothing to do, im pretty fucked up, still theres a light that never goes out (like Morrissey said), but im tired of stringing for nothing for years with no result. maybe death is the way to go, whre people go on and say "he was  a good guy" and forget about your existence in the next day, its all bullshit, and im pretty tired about this, i think i shall join the 27 club atm.

alvarezbassist17

You should just go to www.mises.org and read some stuff.  Get your education on, that always helps a person's self esteem.

spitfire

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Aug 08, 2011, 05:06 AM
You should just go to www.mises.org and read some stuff.  Get your education on, that always helps a person's self esteem.
its bullshit and fuck off, dont need that shit. im tied of that illusion of the special cases where everyone achieves what they want to, its just 1%. its all illusions, just bullshit

alvarezbassist17

Did you edit that to add more gibberish or make it better?

spitfire

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Aug 08, 2011, 05:25 AM
Did you edit that to add more gibberish or make it better?
i edited to sound emo, so 2004 style

blixa

Quote from: Variable on Aug 07, 2011, 09:49 AM
Quote from: blixa on Aug 07, 2011, 12:40 AM
TREY

i've met someone quite awesome but he makes me so nervous that i can't look him in the eyes. what do i do?
Mariam, my dear,

How silly of you to ask me advice about boys. Don't you know that I want you all for myself? ;)

This is simple. You have to realize that you're amazing and that YOU have more to offer to him than he has to offer to you. Just follow my example; artificial arrogance can be quite useful for courage, at times ;)

Seriously though. Special people or "the one" are supposed to make you feel like this. But you also have to realize that they are supposed to feel the same way about you. Which leads to a weird paradox. You are supposed to think that he is out of your league, while accepting that he feels like you are out of his league. AKA you both think youre shit, but think the other person is amazing.

So, if it works out like this, then it's amazing. If not, fuck him anyways. Hes not really special and amazing if he doesn't think that you're special and amazing too.

It's odd, how often Einstein's Theory of Relativity can be applied to everyday life. But if this guy is really as amazing as you say he is, but he doesn't think you're amazing back, is he really amazing? I say no. And I say that him being amazing is all relative to the observer. But if he doesn't reciprocate the feeling to the observer, then he's shit anyways.

Look him in the eyes. Be yourself and give-it-a-go. The worst that can happen, is that you realize that he's a douche and you're still the shit. Just go out and be yourself and try to have a good time. Ill still love you no matter what.

Or....you could just try fucking him. That usually gets rid of the awkwardness of dating.

but you know my heart belongs to you, trey!

he's great. he thinks i'm amazing and everything. he said he was a white boy so he was attracted to girls who had dark features (hence his reasons for saying i was an 'intimate beauty'). we've been hanging out every night since friday, except tonight because he's jamming with his band. he wanted me to come but i wasn't prepared to meet his superfly musician friends. we haven't kissed or anything. yesterday night i finished late from work and got to the roof top of the car park where my car is parked and i called him telling him i was tired and wanted coffee and he walked from his place to me with a cup of coffee from linda's cafe, which is where he took me for the first time we hung out by ourselves. we talked and talked and smoked and i drank the damn coffee and i wanted to hug him because this was the nicest thing a guy has ever done for me.

i just suck at making eye contact with him. it's my problem. he has brought it up. i think eventually as we spend more time together it will get better. he said he wanted to pounce on me two nights ago because he's an arse man and yeah hahahaha

MommaBear

In light of a recent string of parenting failures, and my everlasting battle with indecisiveness, I am seeking answers.  I live in a world of grey and can always understand every option under the spectrum, except black or white.  So, yea, I suck at that part of life where making an absolute decision is involved.  My mind peruses the variables and never settles on a permanent answer.  Hence my constant dilemmas.

My ten year old joined football this year.  His age bracket is tackle and everyone else on this league has been playing throughout the years.  They start in flag and this is their second year of tackle.  For my kid, this is his first time ever in football of any kind.  (He is a basketball nut and that has really been the sport he has stuck with through the years).  He loved conditioning week, but now that they have issued equipment, they are moving onto the tackling aspect.  The first practice was yesterday and he came home with red, bloodshot eyes from holding back tears the entire time.  He HATES tackle.  He is afraid to hit, and afraid to be hit.  He says it hurts his head - and they are really just doing some very gentle, learning position, type of tackling.  He certainly isn't the right body type for a football, he is tall and skinny.  He's ridden skateboards and bikes since he was three and took some pretty harsh falls over the year.  He even broke his arm (which ironically was back when he was about 6 and first signed up for football, but didn't get to participate because of the arm).  So, it's not like he is a complete wuss, but football just doesn't seem to be his thing. 

I've always made the kids stick to the things they committed to.  He did baseball last year, but said it was boring, but I didn't let him quit and made him finish out the season.  I don't know if I should hold my ground with football too or let him quit.  My overwhelming concern is that his fear and apprehension is likely to get him hurt. 

So, WWTD?  I'm so torn.  I don't want him to be a wuss, but in all honestly, this kid could give two shits what anyone thinks of him.  He's the kid with long hair and crazy clothes and sharpie drawings on his arms, for which he takes a lot of shit, but on the flip side, doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks.  I like the idea of football making him bit tougher (as middle school is quickly approaching), but if I make him stick it out, is he really going to come out of this tougher?  And lastly, if you don't like something, why should you have to do it?!  I'm not talking responsibilities like school and homework and chores, I'm talking about if I took up a recreation activity (say shuffleboard) and hated the shit out of it, then I wouldn't do it anymore - so why should he have to?!  But, if I make him stick it out, he could come away from it with a valuable experience - facing and conquering a fear, growing from an experience, etc. (or he could end up Lucas, pummeled half to death under a heap of big fat kids). 

And to highlight my second grand parenting failure - my just-turned-eight-year-old wanted nothing more than Call of Duty, Black Ops for his birthday.  I asked around and the feedback I got was that it wasn't all that bad - just shoot 'em up stuff with a squirt of blood here and there.  And of course, all his friends supposedly have this too.  So, he got Call of Duty, Black Ops for his birthday.  I sat and watched him play for about an hour and obviously this is some serious shit.  There is some foul language and a pretty heavy and dark story line.  I can't imagine this gets better, but likely worse as the game goes on.

So, WWTD?  My kids are no strangers to cussing - I grew up in a house where "fuck" was a verb, adjective, noun and anything else you needed it to be - so, I have a potty mouth that isn't always in check as much as it should be.  But, I don't really want to continue that cycle and highlight all the naughty talk.  The gun crap I thought was par for the course with video games, but maybe this a bit much for an 8 year old?  And the severity of the story line is pretty heavy, but I don't even know that he grasps what it is.  Am I being over reactive about this game being pretty filthy for an eight year old?  Someone suggested I yank it and replace it with Goldeneye?

poofing acid

You should've signed him up for cheerleading. 

MommaBear

Quote from: poofing acid on Aug 09, 2011, 04:03 PM
You should've signed him up for cheerleading. 

That is exactly what my husband said!!

poofing acid

Sign him up for jiu jitsu classes.

tarkil

Quote from: MommaBear on Aug 09, 2011, 03:48 PM
I've always made the kids stick to the things they committed to.  He did baseball last year, but said it was boring, but I didn't let him quit and made him finish out the season.  I don't know if I should hold my ground with football too or let him quit.  My overwhelming concern is that his fear and apprehension is likely to get him hurt. 

From my experience (I play rugby, even though I'm rather on the skinny side as well), if you're afraid of contact, this is when you get hurt.
Just my $0.02.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

MommaBear

My crisis has been momentarily adverted . . . second day of tackle and he came home all smiles.  He has found his inner manliness I suppose. 

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I'm just gonna throw this out there.

This is my favorite thread ever.

tarkil

That's just cause you're ghey for trey....    :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

downtownpony

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Aug 08, 2011, 05:06 AM
You should just go to www.mises.org and read some stuff.  Get your education on, that always helps a person's self esteem.

That is a cool site. Been reading from it the past couple days. Thanks