Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Ask Trey/WWTD Thread!

Started by devilinside, Nov 15, 2008, 12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Quote from: aenemic on Nov 19, 2008, 11:11 AM
trey, I'm wondering if I might have diabetes. any really easy signs? I went to the doctor a couple of years ago because I thought I had a bladder infection. they took urine and blood samples and found nothing. they thought I might have a prostata (is that the right word in english?) infection and I was medicated for it for several months. I'm still having problems. they never said anything about diabetes though, and I've heard that one early sign is that you have to pee all the fucking time. like I have to do.

I'm TOTALLY not Trey,but I may be of some help. You had a Prostate infection. Do you have pain in your stomach? It's a possibility you could have bladder ulcers. You could also have a UTI. Prostate infections,from what I hear,are nasty boogers.

In order to diagnose diabetes you would have to have blood taken,after fasting for 12 hours. Then based on your blood glucose levels they will tell you if you're diabetic or not. Some of the symptoms are excessive drinking (usually causing the frequent urination),tiredness, weight gain or loss,blurred vision (which I ended up getting). I'm in the pre-diabetic stage,my fasting sugar level is 125,which is kinda high for fasting. My father is hardcore diabetic,taking insulin shots and pills daily for it. I would get to the dr and have bloodwork done as soon as you can.

Jacob

thanks for the input. I've been planning on going back to the doctor for almost a year now but keep putting it off. I really don't like going to the doctor and after being there so many times a couple of years ago without any progress I just grew sick of it.

I don't have pain in my stomach and never had. no pain when I pee or anything.

the symptoms you mention for diabetes fit pretty well however. can't really say I drink too much but I'm often very thirsty and tend to get a dry mouth constantly. I'm always tired and that's a problem I've had all my life. lately I've gained weight but that's most likely because I eat more than I used to. I have bad eyesight but it's gotten worse. I actually need glasses so I can't blame that on diabetes or anything.

I guess I should go get this shit checked out.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

Quote from: i kill for fun on Nov 19, 2008, 08:11 AM
would you, or more appropriately women in general consider it intrusive and stalker-ish to ask out a woman you occasionally see walking down the street yet never talk to?
No.  This is how a lot of people meet.  You just need to find an uncreepy way to say hi and run into her.  
trey, I'm wondering if I might have diabetes. any really easy signs? I went to the doctor a couple of years ago because I thought I had a bladder infection. they took urine and blood samples and found nothing. they thought I might have a prostata (is that the right word in english?) infection and I was medicated for it for several months. I'm still having problems. they never said anything about diabetes though, and I've heard that one early sign is that you have to pee all the fucking time. like I have to do.
Frequent urination is the easiest way to spot a new diabetic.  Frequent urination and an unquenchable thirst.  Your blood is pretty much turning into syrup.  Your body is trying to water that syrup down.  But its an uphill battle.  You would also start to be very irritable.  If your sugar got pretty high you might also start to show symptoms that mimic the flu.  

But why else do you think you have diabetes? If you are really worried about it, you should go get tested for sure.
Quote from: Atomic on Nov 19, 2008, 12:26 PM
how do i like make my short-term memory loss go away?
stop smoking pot

devilinside

Quote from: aenemic on Nov 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
thanks for the input. I've been planning on going back to the doctor for almost a year now but keep putting it off. I really don't like going to the doctor and after being there so many times a couple of years ago without any progress I just grew sick of it.

the symptoms you mention for diabetes fit pretty well however. can't really say I drink too much but I'm often very thirsty and tend to get a dry mouth constantly. I'm always tired and that's a problem I've had all my life. lately I've gained weight but that's most likely because I eat more than I used to. I have bad eyesight but it's gotten worse. I actually need glasses so I can't blame that on diabetes or anything.

I'm the same way,I HATE going to the dr,it had to be a real problem for me to go. I took my sugar one morning at my dads and it was 145,so that made me go to the dr. I don't want to be diabetic. So I am now controlling it with diet. Try cutting some sugary foods out and see if you feel better...breads,any foods with refined sugars. Stick to natural fruit and vegetable sugars. I know it sucks,but hey,if you can beat it before you get it than its worth a shot.

Jacob

Quote from: devilinside on Nov 19, 2008, 03:37 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Nov 19, 2008, 03:33 PM

I'm the same way,I HATE going to the dr,it had to be a real problem for me to go. I took my sugar one morning at my dads and it was 145,so that made me go to the dr. I don't want to be diabetic. So I am now controlling it with diet. Try cutting some sugary foods out and see if you feel better...breads,any foods with refined sugars. Stick to natural fruit and vegetable sugars. I know it sucks,but hey,if you can beat it before you get it than its worth a shot.

well, I don't eat a lot of sweets these days and I only drink soda on rare occasions. but other than that I don't really care about how much sugar is in the food I eat. sounds like a fucking hassle, but I guess it might be worth it.

I might also add that I easily get light-headed and dizzy, especially in the afternoon after I've had lunch.

devilinside

It doesn't necessarily have to be sweets...any carbs. Carbs=sugar. But definitely go to your dr. The whole light headed thing is kinda scary.

Jacob

yeah, it's annoying as fuck because when it gets real bad I just want to lie down. it usually gets better if I eat something.

I will go to the doctor and get this shit checked out. but still, all these symptoms can probably be explained by other things... such as the bad eating and sleeping habits I used to have, stress, smoking etc.

bright lights, big city

could be the meal thing. i sometimes get light-headed when i skips meals, and everything is back to normal whenever i eat a meal with some protein.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Yeah...usually I dont eat breakfast,and sometimes not even lunch,and come around 3pm,I'm all shaking and shit.

Jacob

well, I used to eat very little and could skip meals. but ever since I started working at this job I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. I haven't skipped a meal since the end of May. well, one time... I skipped dinner to go out for beer on a wednesday and ended up puking before falling asleep.

pissedandpierced

Dear Trey,

I have a crush on this guy I only ever see at gigs, one of the guys at the radio station knows his brothers and has asked some information for me in exchange for an interview with Airbourne. Apparently he is single and looking and has been told to go to the radio station website to see what I look like etc. When I see him at gigs, he is never alone so I am unable to go and speak to him, do I get my friend to set me up or just wait until I see him at another gig?

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

i kill for fun

"would you, or more appropriately women in general consider it intrusive and stalker-ish to ask out a woman you occasionally see walking down the street yet never talk to?"

"No.  This is how a lot of people meet.  You just need to find an uncreepy way to say hi and run into her.  "

well yea, thats the obvious part. i guess maybe i should refrase and say "how would you go about doing that specifically?"
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

sharingbuns

devil why do you know so much about prostates?
yous a gutter slut i know you is
Quote from: goldpony on Nov 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
how do know when its ok to piitb? and should you ask first?

sharingbuns

Trey, when your significant other walks in while you are in the process of cheating on her, how can you lie your way out of it and explain yourself in a way that will put her weak female mind at ease?
Quote from: goldpony on Nov 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
how do know when its ok to piitb? and should you ask first?

devilinside

Quote from: sharingbuns on Nov 20, 2008, 01:41 AM
devil why do you know so much about prostates?
yous a gutter slut i know you is

Umm...cause my baby's daddy had prostate problems.

tarkil

Quote from: sharingbuns on Nov 20, 2008, 01:43 AM
Trey, when your significant other walks in while you are in the process of cheating on her, how can you lie your way out of it and explain yourself in a way that will put her weak female mind at ease?

Ha ha...  Looking forward to the answer...  :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

i kill for fun

yea where the hell has he been..Posting and replying on SL for him is like drinking water
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Jedidiah Solomon

Quote from: Variable on Nov 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
would you, or more appropriately women in general consider it intrusive and stalker-ish to ask out a woman you occasionally see walking down the street yet never talk to?
No.  This is how a lot of people meet.  You just need to find an uncreepy way to say hi and run into her.  
Frequent urination is the easiest way to spot a new diabetic.  Frequent urination and an unquenchable thirst.  Your blood is pretty much turning into syrup.  Your body is trying to water that syrup down.  But its an uphill battle.  You would also start to be very irritable.  If your sugar got pretty high you might also start to show symptoms that mimic the flu.  

But why else do you think you have diabetes? If you are really worried about it, you should go get tested for sure.
stop smoking pot

Herb doesn't create memory loss.

and no you aren't an official Sponser of D.A.R.E. so don't you Dare make a comeback.

Atomic

Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Nov 20, 2008, 07:02 AM
stop smoking pot

i dont smoke it anyway, Trey fails
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

devlin

Quote from: Jedidiah Solomon on Nov 20, 2008, 07:02 AM

stop smoking pot

and no you aren't an official Sponser of D.A.R.E. so don't you Dare make a comeback.

Fact: Marijuana produces immediate, temporary changes in thoughts, perceptions, and information processing. The cognitive process most clearly affected by marijuana is short-term memory. In laboratory studies, subjects under the influence of marijuana have no trouble remembering things they learned previously. However, they display diminished capacity to learn and recall new information. This diminishment only lasts for the duration of the intoxication.

http://www.drugpolicy.org