Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best White Pony Song....Ever

Started by dictatesofreason, Dec 21, 2008, 03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

Quote from: bebo on Dec 25, 2008, 05:13 AM
LOL LIEK IN UH NIFE PART E CHINHO IZ ALL LIEK UHM CUPCAKES R NICE CUPCAKES R NICE I LOLD REAL HRD IN RL LOL HE IS SAYING CUM GET UR NIFE BUTT IT SOUNDS LIKE CUPCAKES LOL

dude, you crack me up.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

turn1ps

i guess i missed this poll, poor boys republic
Burn the leeches off of your body and walk out of the muck

defTHE1s

Quote from: turn1ps on Dec 26, 2008, 12:20 PM
i guess i missed this poll, poor boys republic
me too... i chose Pink maggit...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Vesanic

mikau

Quote from: bIondie on Dec 25, 2008, 05:10 AM
no, that was the stupidest shit ever posted in the 4 years this board has been on the internet, and it's definitely in the top 4 or 5 for stupidest things ever said anywhere, anytime period.

that's quite an achievment :D

Nebontha

DB PWNS U, ME, AND EVERYBODY IN BETWEEN
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 27, 2008, 01:43 PM
Digital Bath FTW.

yeah...........

1- digital bath
2- knife party
3- change
4- passenger

that was a good poll
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Starz

Digital Bath is the most over-rated Deftones song, ever. Shit, I knocked the can over and the worms have gone everywhere!

Nebontha

Hell naw not even brah, if it's so "over-rated", then why has no one really tried to remix it yet?  BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING PERFECT THE WAY IT IS.  For really over-rated Deftones songs look at My Own Summer, Back To School, Elite... Digital Bath still to this day hasn't gotten the proper respect it truly deserves, but maybe it has since no one's bothered to remix/ruin it. LOL
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Starz

Penicks

I skip Digital Bath. Just overlistened to it too much back in the day.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Starz on Jan 05, 2009, 07:10 PM
Digital Bath is the most over-rated Deftones song, ever.

i agree to that to some extent, its good but not great. more heavyness in the guitar would suit the song fine.

deep inside everyone knows korea is the best song on white pony

rock_n_frost

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Jan 06, 2009, 02:26 PM
i agree to that to some extent, its good but not great. more heavyness in the guitar would suit the song fine.

no i dont know........

it seems to you heavyness makes the songs better, huh!.....

absoletily,definetly digital bath is the best song, thats what everyone knows.....proffessor...
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Vesanic

The best white pony song to each one is the one that seems the best to them. Period.

And to me, it's Digital Bath.

Nebontha

Quotei agree to that to some extent, its good but not great. more heavyness in the guitar would suit the song fine.

Actually, for Digital Bath,  maybe less heaviness in the guitar, and more pronunciated bass lines probably would've make this song an orgasm and a half. IMO
Yeah Korea is kickass too. The song on White Pony that is the most like their previous sound. Flak me for saying this, I don't give a fuck, but I think Korea definitely could've fit on Around The Fur album. Certainly wouldn't have been out of place.  Not that it's out of place on White Pony, no not at all, but I feel that it is the least experimental song on that album.

Wow, 400th post. From here on out, every thing that I post next will have more than half a thought put into it.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Hidalgo

i agree about Korea, it's the most like the first 2 albums on WP. still awesome though

jesusinabowlofdirt

yeah well thats the sound i fell on love with. digital bath,knife prty,change etc was important at the time when the scene became huge, i respect them for taking another turn when so many others began to sound like them and copy their sound... but in the end.. digital bath is not what they are about, digital bath was more of a reaction to the nu metal scene. its the dynamics within the same song thats deftones to me. like early stuff. still great thou, just listen to s/t

Nebontha

Wow yes very true.  Now that I think about it you made perfect sense.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

I don't agree. Well, I usually never agree with you but whatever. Deftones have always " made the music we wanted to make ", I don't think they followed any purposes with their creation process...

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 06, 2009, 08:07 PM
I don't agree. Well, I usually never agree with you but whatever. Deftones have always " made the music we wanted to make ",

thats something they say so blue eyed naive people will think theyre awesome. the truth is they hate to sound like other rockbands. if they made a tune and they all got along with the idea that it was a good song and someone outside the band said "hey that new song sound just like this taproot song" and it actually did, deftones would throw it in the trashcan and never look at it again.
they would NOT say "we dont care about that,we make music we like regardless other bands". i think especially chino is obsessed to not sound like other rock bands (except popbands like weezer radiohead etc) thats whats taking them so long to make albums nowadays, back in the days they could write records like around the fur in a short period of time because they didnt have to think about if it sounded like other bands or not because their style was quite unique.

wp was a reaction. they named their first single change in the house of flies cause they wanted to change from all other shitty bands.believe me,they would have more of a adrenaline/around the fur style to their music todayif it wasnt for all the lame ass followers