Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best White Pony Song....Ever

Started by dictatesofreason, Dec 21, 2008, 03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

nyquil addict

Quote from: Nebontha on Dec 23, 2008, 05:51 PM
lmao sum noobish fool actually bothered to vote for Back To School...prolly sum punk kid who's still in high school

Ha. I'm 24 and listened to the deftones for 9 years now. I voted Back to School because it's really one of the last vintage deftones song and not the deftones trying to sound like My Bloody Valentine. So many people hate it yet it's "prolly"  the most ATF sounding song on White Pony.

Vesanic

Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 23, 2008, 06:36 PM

Ha. I'm 24 and listened to the deftones for 9 years now. I voted Back to School because it's really one of the last vintage deftones song and not the deftones trying to sound like My Bloody Valentine. So many people hate it yet it's "prolly"  the most ATF sounding song on White Pony.

Deftones has nothing to do with My Bloody Valentine...

White Pony is unique, and it's pure Deftones sound, no matter how different it is from ATF, that is also pure Deftones.

nyquil addict

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 23, 2008, 06:52 PM
Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 23, 2008, 06:36 PM

Deftones has nothing to do with My Bloody Valentine...

White Pony is unique, and it's pure Deftones sound, no matter how different it is from ATF, that is also pure Deftones.

White Pony is fine but the last two albums especially SNW sound liked washed out My Bloody Valentine. It's ok because some of their best stuff is on S/T and SNW but it's kind of irritating to be called some punk high school kid when I've listened to the deftones more than any other band for 9 years and I like Back To School because it reminds me of ATF.

Vesanic

Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 23, 2008, 06:59 PM

White Pony is fine but the last two albums especially SNW sound liked washed out My Bloody Valentine. It's ok because some of their best stuff is on S/T and SNW but it's kind of irritating to be called some punk high school kid when I've listened to the deftones more than any other band for 9 years and I like Back To School because it reminds me of ATF.

Sure, it's a cool track, but I don't think it can be the best from WP.

Especially when you know which song BTS comes from.

nyquil addict

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 23, 2008, 07:05 PM
Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 23, 2008, 06:59 PM

Sure, it's a cool track, but I don't think it can be the best from WP.

Especially when you know which song BTS comes from.

If you asked me what's the best track on ATF and S/T I can say BQAD and WGTB with complete conviction. WP is so boring I have no idea what track is the best. Probably Change, Digital Bath and Elite when it first came out but it's been so long the only ones I can listen to now are Back to School and Korea.

deftonekid

Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 23, 2008, 07:15 PM
WP is so boring I have no idea what track is the best.
You're talking nonsense

nyquil addict

Quote from: deftonekid on Dec 23, 2008, 07:36 PM
Quote from: nyquil addict on Dec 23, 2008, 07:15 PM
WP is so boring I have no idea what track is the best.
You're talking nonsense

It's painfully slow moving. They sound best energetic and out of control yet purposeful. Korea, Back to School and to a lesser extent Street Carp is how the album should sound.

jaylawl

lol did you just said that slow music sucks? dude... completely unlike White Pony, you're totally boring. ;)

dictatesofreason

defTHE1s

well.. best S/T song: WGTB, Bloody Cape, Deathblow
best ATF song: Lotion, Mascara, Mx
best WP song: Pink Maggit, Digital bath... i like BTS 'cause it comes from Pink maggit (song i voted) and if i want to remember ATF era i better listen to Korea or Street carp... and then listen fully ATF!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

dictatesofreason

rainnyx4

Adrenaline - Root
Around the Fur - Be Quiet and Drive
White Pony - Knife Prty
S/T - Anniversary
Saturday Night Wrist - Combat
B-Sides/Unreleased/Covers/Remixes - Be Quiet and Drive (Jonah and Chino Remix)

dictatesofreason

defskull

Sweet we're doing this again?

ALightOn

Quote from: mikau on Dec 21, 2008, 09:43 PM
digital bath!, "you moo, like I want to"... I guess it's a song about chino wanting to be a cow

holy shit, that is funny...

bIondie

no, that was the stupidest shit ever posted in the 4 years this board has been on the internet, and it's definitely in the top 4 or 5 for stupidest things ever said anywhere, anytime period.

bebo

LOL LIEK IN UH NIFE PART E CHINHO IZ ALL LIEK UHM CUPCAKES R NICE CUPCAKES R NICE I LOLD REAL HRD IN RL LOL HE IS SAYING CUM GET UR NIFE BUTT IT SOUNDS LIKE CUPCAKES LOL

def-head

I chose Passenger. it is an awesome song. But i know that Digital Bath and the meaning of it became,always, a funny joke between me and my friends. I can say we sat by a pool more than once and talked about "Digital Baths"

Almost like "pop culture"

rock_n_frost

Digital bath
Knife prty

for sure !!!!!!!!
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone