Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 06, 2009, 02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtownpony

Too bad they didn't post the other side of the shirt that reads "FUCK THE FACTS".

Capt Snow

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 07, 2014, 05:10 PM
I have absolutely no problem with Deftones losing some of the more idiotic members of their fanbase. In fact, I fully support it.

And well said to the couple posts before me.

Well said,

I just see this as an attempt to weed out the overly PC libtards that are offended by everything.

downtownpony

Quote from: sooniletugo on Dec 07, 2014, 05:04 PM
Holy shit. Never seen so much backlash against this band from so-called fans. Have these guys ever heard of 7 Words? It's hardly surprising how Deftones feel about it. Interesting how it's all white people who are so angry about it from what I see on Facebook. I'm white too by the way. Whether his hands were up or down, the police officer's actions weren't warranted. Yeah the kid was a "criminal", but everyone deserves a chance to change, he didn't deserve to have his life ended just like that when the officer could've easily just wounded him. There's self-defense then unnecessary brutality. Shit like this only creates more angry kids. Didn't the cop put like 6 bullets in the kid's chest? No excuse for that.

I think Frank runs the social media pages, but I saw Sergio post about it recently too on Twitter. They're better off without these weak ass fans, whoever posted it. I don't agree with James Hetfield making a TV show about killing bears but I'm still a Metallica fan. God forbid our favourite musicians have an opinion!

If you're the kind of person that attacks a cop for telling you to stop walking in the middle of the street, then you honestly deserve to die.

Vesanic

Post was removed.

Might just be a coincidence of course, but it was removed right after I posted about it on my MrVesanique page. Exact same thing happened with the picture with Terry Date. Whatchu lookin at, Deftones?

elite54

Chino probably called Frank and told him to take that shit down. He usually doesn't like to deal with anything political.

Inkblades

Still up on their Twitter page. The reaction there was basically "Where can I buy it?" Guess Twitter is a little more liberal than FB, lol.

people are people

I have absolutely no problem with Deftones losing some of the more idiotic members of their fanbase. In fact, I fully support it.

Interesting, that's a great concept. I`ve been attacked because of that beliefs. In a general sense, so i was right?

people are people

Quote from: Capt Snow on Dec 07, 2014, 06:58 PM

Well said,

I just see this as an attempt to weed out the overly PC libtards that are offended by everything.

Frankz0r

Quote from: MrVesanique on Dec 07, 2014, 07:47 PM
Post was removed.

Might just be a coincidence of course, but it was removed right after I posted about it on my MrVesanique page. Exact same thing happened with the picture with Terry Date. Whatchu lookin at, Deftones?

Which terry date picture are you talking about?

I find this stupid. Well, I'm not from US so I think that way.

Teknoman

Quote from: elite54 on Dec 07, 2014, 08:01 PM
Chino probably called Frank and told him to take that shit down. He usually doesn't like to deal with anything political.

This! Deftones is not a political/social justice warrior band... thats not on their DNA as a band.

To me its kind of annoying when a band that has nothing to do with politics/social issues suddenly takes sides, just leave that to Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down :)

I make music too

Vesanic

Quote from: Frankz0r on Dec 07, 2014, 08:33 PM

Post was removed.

Holy shit Frankz0r, I haven't seen you here in ages.

I'm talking about this picture :

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1904175_713619525379377_8169246611489861577_n.jpg?oh=93291623772b2dafb92aefd70a022e17&oe=550B0FF3

It first appeared on their Twitter a while ago. Which threw the rumor that he would produce the new album, which I hoped as well. Sadly Chino said recently that it wasn't the case.

Vesanic

DeftonesNZ

You'd think if these guys were fans they would be following the band members on social media aswell and would have seen multiple posts on the subject by Sergio last week supporting the anti-cop side, but fuck it Americans take themselves so seriously it's like they're are looking to be offended, it's just a picture of a fucking shirt.

shoop

Fuck that. Should have left the post up.. those "fans" who can't deal with their opinions can eat a dick.

Frankz0r

Quote from: MrVesanique on Dec 07, 2014, 08:56 PM
Quote from: Frankz0r on Dec 07, 2014, 08:33 PM

Post was removed.

Holy shit Frankz0r, I haven't seen you here in ages.

I'm talking about this picture :

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1904175_713619525379377_8169246611489861577_n.jpg?oh=93291623772b2dafb92aefd70a022e17&oe=550B0FF3

It first appeared on their Twitter a while ago. Which threw the rumor that he would produce the new album, which I hoped as well. Sadly Chino said recently that it wasn't the case.

Haha yes I'm back, it's been a long time since I was here. I see you sometimes in your YouTube channel.

Ok now I get it. I would love to have TD in another record too. He's the 6th member imo.

Anyways. Dumb situation.

Inkblades

Quote from: shoop on Dec 08, 2014, 03:34 AM
Fuck that. Should have left the post up.. those "fans" who can't deal with their opinions can eat a dick.

Agreed.

Diplo

Quote from: Frankz0r on Dec 08, 2014, 05:07 AM
I would love to have TD in another record too. He's the 6th member imo.

Anyways. Dumb situation.

That's all

Frankz0r

Quote from: Diplo on Dec 08, 2014, 11:54 AM
Quote from: Frankz0r on Dec 08, 2014, 05:07 AM
I would love to have TD in another record too. He's the 6th member imo.

Anyways. Dumb situation.

That's all

Fuck man Diplo just quoted me, I'm famous!

pony_01

[oops]

therealdaebat

Shouldn't that Beavis & Butthead video be in the youtube videos thread? This is for their social media / website updates

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,10716.0.html
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones