Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 05, 2009, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus2Chino

......my body is ready.....

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Shadow46/2

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Oct 26, 2014, 09:13 PM
If this is true, I can't wait to see your disappointed faces. Just because Terry may produce the new album, it doesn't mean they suddenly begin to write songs akin to the White Pony or self-titled era again...

Still curious how this will affect their sound, though.

True this, but I'm more excited for the return of the production he brings to their music. Beefed up drum and bass, chaotic guitar, all that.

I love the Nick-produced albums. But there's something a little too pristine about them.

Is Terry even confirmed or is this kinda just speculation at this point? Maybe they're just having dinner or some such. 

Penicks

Teknoman

I make music too

cvthedrv

If this is true, I can't wait to see your disappointed faces. Just because Terry may produce the new album, it doesn't mean they suddenly begin to write songs akin to the White Pony or self-titled era again...

kll urslf

N0S3BLEED976

All I'm saying is that those who hated on Diamond Eyes and KNY are most likely going to hate on the new record as well. Even if Terry produces the new record, the band will probably continue with the songwriting ethic they adapted while working with Nick. They've mentioned numerous times how much they prefer it that way.

But hey, maybe this is going to be the best thing ever and in the end everyone will be satisfied, even those who prefer their older stuff.

luisch

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Oct 26, 2014, 11:02 PM

True this, but I'm more excited for the return of the production he brings to their music. Beefed up drum and bass, chaotic guitar, all that.

I love the Nick-produced albums. But there's something a little too pristine about them.

Is Terry even confirmed or is this kinda just speculation at this point? Maybe they're just having dinner or some such. 

This I mean, Shadow46/2, I really love the intensity of his work and how him make them sound. Is production and how sound finally. You just cant compare Rocket Skates and Needles and Pins, for example.

The work of the sound of the drum or the guitars is more crunchy and dirty. Nick is more clean (except CMND/CTRL and the guitar sound like a blender with a telephone inside)

I think the band is ready for make his better record.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Northcal

Vesanic

No, but it most likely means they won't write songs à la DE/KNY, because I would bet my balls Terry wouldn't have accepted to produce such songs. I remember reading about how he had an input in the creative process during the ATF sessions (for example) and how he gave a straight up "No" to MX when it was still in its demo shape. I'm fairly certain he would say the same to that uplifting, cleaner sounding stuff they came up with.

Or perhaps I'm totally wrong.

gottsu

8th longplay produced hopefully by Terry need not to be the "second Around The Fur", or the "second White Pony" - these times are just gone, I'm expecting just a way other producing touch, something new after all the fates that were haunting Tones in the past.

DeftonesNZ

I hope this means Terrys back, it's a positive sign Sergio posted the photo I could understand Abe being there just to catch up but the fact that Sergios there makes me believe they're discussing the new album.

I don't think he'll change the style of the music much if he does do it I'm just looking forward to his higher quality production, honestly I think even if he did have a big influence on the early albums style he wouldn't now as these guys aren't rookies anymore they are more sure of themselves, not saying they won't value Terrys opinion I just think after 20+ years in the industry they're more sure of what sound they want and aren't likely to be revert back because Terry says so, I don't even think Terry would do that he's a professional his rejection of a song is probably based on it's quality rather than it's style or tone I just don't see him rejecting a song because it's too soft I could however see him having an issue with the repetition and simplicity of the DE stuff but that doesn't seem likely to be an issue if KNY more complex writing is anything to go by.

from_musings

geraavl08

Shadow46/2

Jesus2Chino

No matter how much I masturbate to that picture my erection won't go away. I don't know what to do  :-[.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Inkblades

It just dawned on me that this might also mean they are getting closer to releasing Eros.

rainnyx4

It's going to be real annoying when their next album comes out and it rules not because of Terry Date (who you'll give all the credit to) but because the band has matured, developed a proper work ethic, and is inspired.  You guys romanticize Terry Date too much.  Yeah he was on board for two of their best albums (Adrenaline and WP) but was also involved in their worst (S/T).  He arguably captures their sound better than the other producers but really the quality of the band's output has more to do with where the band members are in their lives at the time than the input of the producer.

elite54

ST was not their worst. Not by a long shot.

Vesanic

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Oct 28, 2014, 01:37 AM
It's going to be real annoying when their next album comes out and it rules not because of Terry Date (who you'll give all the credit to) but because the band has matured, developed a proper work ethic, and is inspired.  You guys romanticize Terry Date too much.  Yeah he was on board for two of their best albums (Adrenaline and WP) but was also involved in their worst (S/T).  He arguably captures their sound better than the other producers but really the quality of the band's output has more to do with where the band members are in their lives at the time than the input of the producer.

Uh, Around the Fur? Hai?

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Oct 28, 2014, 01:37 AM
but was also involved in their worst (S/T)