Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 05, 2009, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Republicans like to get high as much as Democrats. They just prefer Upper Class quality versus Middle Class...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Teknoman

I thought it was an Obama shirt too... but after a closer look it said Tobama and i said "Oh, Tosin Abasi!"... the guy is an 8-Strings guitar god, maybe he inspired Stef to use tapping on the new record... who knows.

I make music too

luisch

Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 16, 2012, 03:21 AM
I thought it was an Obama shirt too... but after a closer look it said Tobama and i said "Oh, Tosin Abasi!"... the guy is an 8-Strings guitar god, maybe he inspired Stef to use tapping on the new record... who knows.

Stef knows....

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Jerry_Curls

I love that last sentence. I always prefer other members' interviews over Chino's. I definitely agree with his statement that every record they've put out doesn't sound like the last but still has their touch. TOUCHE STEF!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

lungdamage

Quote from: luisch on Sep 16, 2012, 03:25 AM
Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 16, 2012, 03:21 AM

so good..
i thought that too, but i was mighty high... so it is true! good catch man...   didn't know there were AAL fans floating about here :)

TheShade1989

Animals As Leaders: the only instrumental band I like. Cool that he was partly inspired by watching him, he's amazing :) so presumably, Dazzle (what's its real name?) will sound a lot different? Could be one of the most unique-sounding Deftones songs...maybe.

Vesanic

Hidalgo

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
Animals As Leaders: the only instrumental band I like. Cool that he was partly inspired by watching him, he's amazing :) so presumably, Dazzle (what's its real name?) will sound a lot different? Could be one of the most unique-sounding Deftones songs...maybe.
could end up being their most technically difficult song to play as well. i'm gonna assume if Stephen fingertaps the whole song, that Chino plays the ryhthm riffs. i doubt it's Stephen alone just fingertapping, but it's possible. he didn't say Chino plays in the song, but didn't say Chino wasn't on guitar in the song either. yea this one is very interesting because the MASSVE SUPRISE of finger tapping. it's the song i'm looking forward to the most so far

lungdamage

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 16, 2012, 07:28 PM
could end up being their most technically difficult song to play as well. i'm gonna assume if Stephen fingertaps the whole song, that Chino plays the ryhthm riffs. i doubt it's Stephen alone just fingertapping, but it's possible. he didn't say Chino plays in the song, but didn't say Chino wasn't on guitar in the song either. yea this one is very interesting because the MASSVE SUPRISE of finger tapping. it's the song i'm looking forward to the most so far

i just hope he uses 2 finger tapping with pull off's and slides

lungdamage

tosin abasi steps on the throat of tapping (like guthrie).
hope stef uses sweet note-slides & pull-offs...
i reckon this sounds rhythm heavy (bass + drums)
only know when it comes out though :)

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Far away

Animals As Leaders: the only instrumental band I like.

You are missing a lot of good stuff, imo! :)

TheShade1989

Quote from: Far away on Sep 17, 2012, 12:46 PM

I know, but lyrics/singing are just as important to me as the rest of the music, so wen it's missing, it's hard for me to not get bored of it quickly

hole-in-the-earth

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 17, 2012, 06:41 PM

I know, but lyrics/singing are just as important to me as the rest of the music, so wen it's missing, it's hard for me to not get bored of it quickly

Chino once posted a song by an instrumental band called Three Trapped Tigers on his Twitter, it was the song 'Noise Trade' and it was pretty awesome...

sing blue silver

Sometimes you don't need to say anything. Music can move you just with sound. I say you haven't heard the right stuff yet.

kitesvera

Quote from: hole-in-the-earth on Sep 17, 2012, 07:01 PM

Chino once posted a song by an instrumental band called Three Trapped Tigers on his Twitter, it was the song 'Noise Trade' and it was pretty awesome...

Three Trapped Tigers are awesome. Chino has good tastes.

Teknoman

Are we supposed to have access this part of the Deftones site?

http://www.smarturl.it/lh99dq

I make music too

iceache

Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 18, 2012, 06:56 PM
Are we supposed to have access this part of the Deftones site?

http://www.smarturl.it/lh99dq

That's the layout they had before they released Diamond Eyes. So no, probably shouldn't be able to access it.

Slacker

Deftones Facebook:

QuoteDeftones are pleased to announce the premiere of "Leathers" from their forthcoming album KOI NO YOKAN exclusively at Deftones.com. The track is also available as a free download for a limited time, so act fast!

Official track listing for KOI NO YOKAN is:
1. Poltergeist
2. Romantic Dreams
3. Leathers
4. Swerve City
5. Entombed
6. Graphic Nature
7. Tempest
8. Gauze
9. Rosemary
10. Goon Squad
11. What Happened To You?

iceache

PUREVOLUME 

Chino / Sergio talking about the song.

http://www.purevolume.com/news/Watch-Deftones-Reveal-Details-On-New-Free-MP3-Stream-Song-Leathers

Abe's kick drum for the tour.