Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Comics

Started by goldpony, Jul 23, 2009, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

Anyone read em? just recently got back in the fold (gotta keep that dork flag a flyin). I am currently reading:

Spawn
Batman and Robin (new series)
Dark Avengers
Locke and Key
Glamourpuss
Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers limted series(hey, gotta infect the daughter too :))

Gotta say, its been about 7 yearzs since i stopped reading and while the state of industry is kinda depressing i am finding that the quality has never been better. really like the stuff being put out now, still hate all the variant covers, rebirths, relaunches etc.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

graphic novels dude...puhleeeease.

nor but seriously, i havent read comics is on a regular basis in maybe 10 years. basically it all marvel for me, mostly x-men and spider-man.

maybe in high school i finally read some constantine and sin city, and then when watchmen was made into a movie i read that.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Law

Preacher, that is all :D

Variable

I can honestly say that I never read a single comic.  I always thought the art work was cool though

oldgentlovecraft

I don't buy comic books anymore unless I'm grabbing a Dark Tower miniseries.  It's mostly graphic novels or manga for me now.  I did used to be an Image freak though! (Savage Dragon, Spawn, Youngblood, etc.)  And, I've always liked reading Batman comic books (Shadow of the Bat were my favorites).

rock_n_frost

Quote from: goldpony on Jul 23, 2009, 11:43 PM
Anyone read em?

its my passion

i dont like mangas anymore, french-italian comics are the best
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

bebo

I used to read quite a bit of comics and graphic novels, but mostly converted to manga... The first series I really followed and enjoyed was Sandman; then I started Y the last Man, and then onto The Walking Dead. Alan Moore is great, From Hell especially. Most manga titles I care for are sci-fi (To Terra) or some form of horror like Uzumaki.

nonesuch

when i was a youngster i devoured them whole, its been a good 15 plus since

but yes Jambi, Preacher, nuf said

and oldgent,  Youngblood was vicious, fuckin classic

does anyone remember bloodshot,  he had a red dot on his forehead and was pure massacre
i drink your milkshake

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Watchmen
Marvel Zombies
Walking Dead
Scud

I just read Arkham Asylum and I must say, the art was unbelievable but the story was...lacking.

I am about to receive a large collection of Hellboy comics and I am thinking about picking up some Preacher when I get the chance.

Jacob

I never got the thing with comics. sure, I liked some when I was a kid (although I was never close to obsessed). but then I grew up and badly drawn superheroes with geeky outfits just didn't do it for me anymore.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are stil awesome though, I'll give you that.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

indychinoluv

I've just got hold of the Coheed and Cambria series. Not bad.

And, oldgentlovecraft, yes the Dark Tower ones are cool!

These are graphic novels BTW, but just want to contribute :)

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

X-men, Wolverine Origin, Spawn, Spider-man,Iron Man mmmm and I think thats it
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: indychinoluv on Aug 25, 2009, 08:35 AM
I've just got hold of the Coheed and Cambria series. Not bad.

And, oldgentlovecraft, yes the Dark Tower ones are cool!

These are graphic novels BTW, but just want to contribute :)

Is the third series out yet?  I haven't checked lately. The artwork is fucking stellar.

MeR

As it has been said before, The Walking Dead is a series worth reading. Impeccable, realistic (as realistic as possible given the circumstances) and raw storytelling, and it should translate well when AMC turns int into a series. Can't fucking wait.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: MeR on Sep 02, 2009, 08:50 AM
As it has been said before, The Walking Dead is a series worth reading. Impeccable, realistic (as realistic as possible given the circumstances) and raw storytelling, and it should translate well when AMC turns int into a series. Can't fucking wait.

I'll back that up. Great series.

devlin

i love comics. i too stopped reading them for a while and then got back into them, about a year ago.  i grew up reading x-men, spider man, batman, spawn, and my favorite was savage dragon, i've been buying the archives. image was the shit. spawn, savage dragon, pitt, the maxx.

now i only get graphic novels cause i can put them on my book shelf.

what i love now:

y the last man (amazing series. i'm sad it's finished)
fables
marvel zombies
the dark tower
ex machina
heroes

and i must advise everyone get marvels. i've posted about it before i think. its by marvel, and it goes through a lot of the marjor events in the marvel universe but through the perspective of a human. watching these supernatural beings fighting and destroying cities. it touches on fear, discrimination, and feeling inferior to mutants with super human abilities. a great read.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Nobody has read Scud: Disposable Assassin?

It's sooooo gooooood! It's hilarious and unbelievably badass.

It's about a robot assassin that came from a vending machine and is given an assignment to kill this crazy monster that has mouths on it's knees, hands on it's feet, mousetraps for hands, a squid attached to it's chest with a belt and an electrical plug for a face and in the process, Scud discovers that if he kills his target, he self-destructs, so he shoots it's limbs off and puts it in suspended animation in a hospital and to pay for it, he needs to assassinate more people. Except it gets way crazier and anything else I say will be full of spoilers.

It's by far my favorite comic.

Nailec

Jacob

that's pretty damn cool.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Nailec

unfortunatley, the main characters dont catch my interests at all.

but i guess im going to buy ot for christmas, its 10 euro or something