Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Oct 06, 2013, 07:40 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 06, 2013, 03:39 AM
True. So, since it is called "The Epilogue", it has to be the last song on the album, right?

It should be the closer. I mean, having a song called "epilogue" and put it on top or in the middle of the track list would be kind of stupid. However it's a kind of odd decision for an album closer. It's much more upbeat and concise than your usual closing track. It doesn't even fade out at the end.
i think it'd be weird to not have it at the end but only if any other tracks had the same naming theme but if epilouges the only I think it can go anywhere, it does seem like a odd closer aswell

hi man

Quote from: sharinglungs on Oct 05, 2013, 10:18 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 05, 2013, 05:49 PM
Still not sure how this release is going to work. Are we going to get EP 1, EP 2 and EP 3 combined as an album (plus bonus tracks) or are we getting an album of all new material? Jury's still out on that one. I'm thinking it's going to be the first one, even though it seems like they have enough material to release a whole new album. We won't know for sure until a tracklisting is released.
It has since been confirmed that the release will be a full-length debut from the band as opposed to another EP, as as Moreno had previously stated.

http://www.theprp.com/2013/10/04/news/crosses-%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0%E2%80%A0-streaming-new-track-the-epilogue/

New album. Nothing we've heard before.

makes sense. there's so many snippets we've heard that hasnt been on a EP yet. Not including the songs they didn't make snippets for.

deftones86

This already really kicks the shit out of palms.

defsteve

Crosses - (†) 10" Vinyl colour RED/PINK

Crosses - (††) 10" Vinyl colour BLUE

Crosses - (†††) 10" Vinyl colour YELLOW

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

dangerballs

Would someone PM me a link please?

ChannelZer0

I would enjoy some pm love as well..
Sorrow

Sunbath

Quote from: defsteve on Oct 07, 2013, 04:38 PM
Crosses - (†) 10" Vinyl colour RED/PINK

Crosses - (††) 10" Vinyl colour BLUE

Crosses - (†††) 10" Vinyl colour YELLOW

According to this site the third vinyl is going to be 12"
http://www.levykauppax.fi/basket/?back=/artist/crosses/

My guess is that the CD is going to be full lenght including songs from first and second digital EP (as they've actually already stated at some point). That third vinyl, if it's 12", then contains all previously unreleased songs.

pony_01

next release would be black. CMYK ? heh

deftonekid

dangerballs

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 07, 2013, 06:18 PM
next release would be black. CMYK ? heh

Hahaha....good one. I don't see enough print-related humour in the world these days.

Bifrost

I am not sure how I feel about Epilogue yet, lyrically its a really sad song but the delivery is like a pop song so I am left feeling kinda confused... Its ok, but I hope the rest of the album is better

luisch

The Epilogue is maybe my favorite Crosses song. The verse is a jewel. For me.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

sing blue silver

Quote from: Bifrost on Oct 08, 2013, 05:26 PM
I am not sure how I feel about Epilogue yet, lyrically its a really sad song but the delivery is like a pop song so I am left feeling kinda confused... Its ok, but I hope the rest of the album is better

I always like that juxtaposition of melancholy being projected as kind of poppy and sweet. I really dig the prechorus in this song.

shoop

now if they'd just let me drum for them live, and let the stiffest drummer i've ever seen in my life go. I really expected a lot of people here to dog on the Epilogue.. so good and catchy

lxix

Looks like they're tweaking the band name with the word before the 3 crosses.

buddyboy101

Quote from: lxix on Oct 10, 2013, 10:07 PM

prob a good idea.  the band name is not a great marketing move.

Corleone

Inkblades

Both are great, but I prefer the second one. I think the production is a bit better and the songs are more diverse.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Oct 11, 2013, 01:20 AM
Quote from: lxix on Oct 10, 2013, 10:07 PM

prob a good idea.  the band name is not a great marketing move.

Its probably for display purposes, it seems it would be easier to spell out the word than trying to type out the 3 little crosses.