Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Not completely blown away but it's definitely good. Bermuda Locke† is amazing - love it. best song i think, really beautiful and kind of eeire at the same time. †his Is A †rick would be 2nd best - cool song, that verse sound is similar to depeche mode's it's no good. can't really say i'm into option and thholyghst, those choruses rub me in the wrong way can't help it. the last song just seem to be some fucking around / jamming in the studio that ended up on a ep. anyway, def gonna buy this

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on Aug 02, 2011, 09:49 PM
all musicians eventually realize that organic electronica is the way to go

haha, that's just bullshit, man.

Danny Keyes

bleh didn't like it :/ too generic imo

stunt-r

Inkblades

Yeah, synths were never used in music until Witch House came along. Sure thing.

HXGRMWORLD

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Aug 02, 2011, 09:20 PM
someone please..
the lyrics..
please  :(

Please anyone with the lyrics?
Rest In Peace Chi, Forever Loved and Honored!

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: deftjess on Aug 02, 2011, 11:40 PM
http://alteredzones.com/posts/1734/deftones-frontman-goes-witch-house/

People calling this "witch house music"?

wtf is that shit

If you listen to Ritualz shit you can hear the heavy influence from "house" music, like the genre similar to techno / trance. But I don't really hear that as much with Crosses.
Btw that article in the link refers to Deftones as "stadium Nu Metal" so take that with a grain of salt.

iceache

Quote from: HXGRMWORLD on Aug 02, 2011, 11:53 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Aug 02, 2011, 09:20 PM
someone please..
the lyrics..
please  :(

Please anyone with the lyrics?
Seriously... start from page 22 and go forward, they're posted already.

also

http://www.nme.com/news/deftones/58394

"According to reports, a full length album will follow this release, with up to 16 tracks already recorded. Giant Drag's Annie Hardy is expected to feature on the album"

wicked

lxix

Sorry dude, NME have got it wrong... Chino said they've done 16 songs that they'll drop through a series of EP's

TheSeeker1080

Bermuda Locke† and thholyghst  are my favorites by far.  I haven't heard the full song from that veins demo where he sings "As the years go by watching the holy ghost, watching..." but that sounded like a good song too, the rest are good too, but I felt some level of "averageness" on the Annie hardy song (not sure what it's called but it's the one where she sings "don't go away, you can't go away...") not to sound over-critical or anything, I liked it, just wasn't blown away by it, although out of all the Crosses stuff I uploaded on youtube it has the most views.

iceache

Quote from: lxix on Aug 03, 2011, 12:13 AM
Sorry dude, NME have got it wrong... Chino said they've done 16 songs that they'll drop through a series of EP's

Guess we'll see

iceache

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Aug 03, 2011, 12:22 AM
Bermuda Locke† and thholyghst  are my favorites by far.  I haven't heard the full song from that veins demo where he sings "As the years go by watching the holy ghost, watching..." but that sounded like a good song too, the rest are good too, but I felt some level of "averageness" on the Annie hardy song, not to sound over-critical or anything, I liked it, just wasn't blown away by it.

I hope we get the veins demo song soon and the hardy song too

E-Money

Its a series of ep's.  trust me. 

stunt-r

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 03, 2011, 12:27 AM
Its a series of ep's.  trust me. 

prob 5, 5, and 6 i would imagine...but thats just my opinon.

Vesanic

Inkblades

sing blue silver

poofing acid

Balthazard

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 03, 2011, 01:06 AM
I don't like it. At all.

Hey why not ? am curious to hear your opinion