Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Aug 31, 2011, 12:08 PM
To those who say this is what Team Sleep should have been - just enjoy Deftones for what it is, Team Sleep for what it is and Crosses for what it is
They're all a gift

8)

Deadradio

Quote from: mothraw on Aug 31, 2011, 05:43 PM
http://soundcloud.com/crosses/sets

It's awesome, you can download the individual instruments and vocals. Fan remixes anyone?

Starz

There Will Be Blood

defsteve

Bermuda Locke† (Dawn Golden & Rosy Cross Remix) - Get it now at http://rcrdlbl.com

As requested please do not share links (ie mediafire, etc) to the Remix. Just sign up and download your own.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

mono

asshole

now we can all do kareoke... Or be djs...
Quote from: illmono on Aug 31, 2011, 09:55 PM
Great idea from crosses...
agreed...
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

iceache

I think this is the first time we've ever had isolated Chino vocals.

asshole

i wish they would release everything like this.....
I love me some Vinyl.

iceache

sing blue silver

if i get some free time i certainly wanna remix some of these. i love when bands do this.

pinkmaggit

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 01, 2011, 03:55 PM
i love when bands do this.

It is very cool.
Nine Inch Nails did the same sort of thing a while back, even providing a download of a demo program to  remix their songs.
They posted all of their fan made remixes on their site and allowed users to rate them - there were a lot of really good remixes that came out of that project.
I had many hours of fun with that.
Great way to get the fans involved and to get the band heard - I hope they reach a lot of ears, I consider this EP to be the best music released in 2011 so far!
I'm old fashioned and like Deftones music to come out on a CD - it just appeals to the collector in me and I like having something physical for my money but at least as far as Crosses is concerned I think this is a great way for them to release their music, although I think they should make it available on CD as well (like Radiohead did with 'In Rainbows').
I would pay good money for a limited edition CD with some unreleased bonus tracks with perhaps a photo booklet or  footage of the making of the E.P.

pinkmaggit

I'm not sure if I'm right or not but I think that the band have more songs recorded for more E.P's to be released like this.
Does anyone have any idea how many more songs they've recorded and on when they will release more E.P's?
2012 will be a great year for music if we get more Crosses releases as well as a new Deftones album!
I think 2013 is more likely for the Deftones album but I'm allowed to dream.

Deadradio

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Sep 01, 2011, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure if I'm right or not but I think that the band have more songs recorded for more E.P's to be released like this.
Does anyone have any idea how many more songs they've recorded and on when they will release more E.P's?
2012 will be a great year for music if we get more Crosses releases as well as a new Deftones album!
I think 2013 is more likely for the Deftones album but I'm allowed to dream.

I think they recorded like 16 songs total.

lxix

Yeah, 16... so we should get four, 4 or 5 track EPs in total :)
Looking forward to 'Veins' big time!!

deftoneseba

Quote from: lxix on Sep 02, 2011, 01:39 AM
Yeah, 16... so we should get four, 4 or 5 track EPs in total :)
Looking forward to 'Veins' big time!!
Agreed. "Veins" is a killer track!
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: asshole on Sep 01, 2011, 03:54 AM
i wish they would release everything like this.....

hey megatoned, long time no read! what have you been doing all this time dude?

asshole

ive been good nico.. Now im a dad of a 3 year old boy... And this whole time ive been without the net... Right now im using my phone... How have you bro?
I love me some Vinyl.

defsteve

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Sep 01, 2011, 10:49 PMI consider this EP to be the best music released in 2011 so far!

Agree 100%.

I love how they are doing this. Low key, organic.

And yet, there is still more to come.  ;D
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website